PDA

View Full Version : Mow Town Lawn Services 2011

mowerdude777
08-04-2011, 10:41 PM
After a 4 month hiatus I have returned to LS! But anyway, I have been busy this year with work and other things! I also plan on selling the Billy Goat mower I purchased last fall :hammerhead: it just is not working out for me, I want something better, the mower its self it alright, but it just is not the same as my good old Ferris was. The bag also is way too small for my needs, I think the mower lacks in power too, and the dip stick keeps randomly poping off while the mower is on the trailer (which is a total PITA to deal with) I also plan on expanding in to more landscaping services as well as some commerical mowing by next year, if all goes as planed! Also I still am using the Odyssey (laugh all you want) but I have been truck shopping and I plan on getting a truck by the time the leaves start falling... But here are a few pics from earlier this year, I have lots of pics to post from the past few months of work.

Swampy
08-05-2011, 12:20 AM
what happened to the castor on the ferris?

Oakleaf landscape
08-05-2011, 08:29 PM

Didn't like the way it striped lol.

LawnMowerKing10
08-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Sell the Billygoat and get a World Lawn LOL

Pressedun
08-07-2011, 01:08 AM
Whew, 3 walk behinds and only 13 lawns? Keep the Exmark, sell the other two!

Swampy
08-07-2011, 01:32 AM

I'd just sell the goat and keep the other two. ferris is a nice back up/gated area mower.

QLM
08-07-2011, 05:18 AM
Dude sell the junk. Get a good 21" used and keep the exmark. Buy a truck for Christ sakes and get some customers.

You guys kill me collecting junk. Invest money in getting work not junk!

How you look is 75% of the game when it comes to getting the customers you want to have! What do you think your rig looks like? It says you work cheap! It says you don't have insurance or pay tax! It says you live in your moms basement and you work for beer money!
Posted via Mobile Device

nepatsfan
08-07-2011, 08:12 AM
There is the three legged dog....I missed that thing. Nice stuff, good luck on getting the truck.

What is up with the gas tank on the BG?

nepatsfan
08-07-2011, 10:39 AM
why dont you sell the BG and use the money from the sale to fix up the ferris a little bit. Looks like it is in decent shape as it is.

mowerdude777
08-20-2011, 07:53 PM

A PITA (who I no longer will work for) left this metal object in their yard and it bent the castor to the point where it would not fit back on. The mower still cuts evenly.

mowerdude777
08-20-2011, 07:55 PM
Sell the Billygoat and get a World Lawn LOL

Eww, World Lawn... Sounds just about as bad as Billy Goat, from now on I will only be buying mowers that actually are designed for commerical use. That BG has been a pain in the arse.

mowerdude777
08-20-2011, 08:07 PM

The reason I have three is because the Ferris is currently out of service, it needs a lot of work done, but I cannot bring my self to sell it, it was my first big purchase, and that mower would go through anything in its path. I plan on giving it a complete overhaul this winter and then selling the BG either this Fall or next Spring. Also reason why I got the BG was because the Ferris was having multiple issues, and I found the BG for next to nothing, so I went and looked at it and managed to talk the guy down $200 from his asking price. I also have not updated my sig in a while, I now have 15 yards that are serviced on a weekly basis, however I get a TON of part time work and often wind up with as many as 20 or more per week!

mowerdude777
08-20-2011, 08:10 PM
There is the three legged dog....I missed that thing. Nice stuff, good luck on getting the truck.

What is up with the gas tank on the BG?

Thanks... It was like that when I purchased it, the former owner did not mount if very secure to the mower, and it kept falling off he said and the bingee keeps it from falling off.

LawnMowerKing10
08-20-2011, 10:52 PM
Lol , the World Lawn isnt bad at all. its been 0 problems so far. Almost 50 hours on it.

Swampy
08-20-2011, 11:31 PM
Lol , the World Lawn isnt bad at all. its been 0 problems so far. Almost 50 hours on it.

Does it have a coffee can muffler tip on it? BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIN' DING DING

XLS
08-21-2011, 12:01 AM
get a 40.00 caster for the ferris and work on your image

mowerdude777
09-08-2011, 07:48 PM
get a 40.00 caster for the ferris and work on your image

I forgot to say it is not just the caster (if it was I would have purchased a new one a long time ago) the entire mount is messed up and will not fit a caster now ( I purchased one and it did not work) this Winter I would like to do a complete overhaul to the Ferris, and that is one of the things I hope to fix. As for my image, I know it could use improvement. I have been truck shoping lately, however so far what I have found seems to be overpriced junk. I do not want to buy a truck that is in poor condition and is going to wind up costing me a lot in maintaince, so if that means I need to save up more then I will... However I am hoping I can get my hands on a truck by mid October.

mowerdude777
09-26-2011, 06:20 PM
UPDATE:

I have been really busy lately with school, work, and other things... I have been having issues with the Metro HP lately, so I have been using the Billy Goat for the last couple of weeks (which has been hell). I am debating on selling the MHP since I can get a '07 Scag 52 inch (in really good condition) from a guy I know who is starting to get out of the biz. But at the same time I think i might be better off with repairing the Exmark (so I can have more money for a truck next spring) Also I decided to wait on buying a truck (mainly because I want to save a little more and I do not want to store it over the winter)

I also am getting insured next year, I am hoping to start getting some commerical accounts (or at least bank-owned property) added to my route.

Also I have the contract with a HOA for snow removal at two parks (just sidewalks, the parks are located in the neighborhood along the roads, so there is no parking-lot or anything to be plowed) I got the contract late last winter (and only got to service after one storm) I am considering selling my toro powerclear 180 and upgrading to a dual stage due to this account. The lawn contract is currently serviced by a guy who I know is planing on retiring at the end of 2012, so when the contract is up in 2013 I plan on bidding.

bobcat48
09-26-2011, 09:02 PM
Sounds great to hear,good to hear you are busy..same here i added a few things another backpack a echo pb 755 backpack blower and got a truck a few days ago 99'' Ford F350 dually crew cab 7.3L with the v8 it's a sweet truck,i love it man..got a good deal on this bad boy,it is in great shape!

Addison Landscaping
09-28-2011, 07:46 PM
Good luck... I've seen worse set up around here.

Once saw a guy with a Corolla pulling a trailer with a mower and a few tools. People laughed at first, he now has a full size pick up, trailer and enough accounts to keep him busy year round.

Hope all works out for you.