PDA

View Full Version : Side Discharge Plug

turfman33
10-27-2002, 12:40 PM
Hi everybody,

Ok some months back somebody wrote on here about some kind of cover that you operate from the chair of the Z. It covers the Discharge opening when going around flower beds etc.... I tried a search but am not coming up with what I'm looking for. There was pictures of them as well. Can somebody help me out with this. I'm looking to get a ZTR soon and wouldn't mind putting something like this on it.

Also, can you put a mulch kit on the John Deere 54" ZTR.

Thanks

Steve :D

CSRA Landscaping
10-27-2002, 01:02 PM
I think York Sheet Metal makes what you're looking for, it's called the Director.

DLCS
10-27-2002, 01:46 PM
Steve,

Yes, John Deere has mulch kits for all the 7 Iron decks. I have one on my 757 w/ 60" deck, works well.

Mike
DLCS

bubble boy
10-27-2002, 02:57 PM
search ocdc or operator controlled discharge chute

Richard Martin
10-27-2002, 03:27 PM
The device you're looking for is The Director and it's available from York Sheetmetal for the Exmark Lazer Z only. Most Dixie Choppers come from the factory with the same type of device and Dixie calls it the OCDC.

HarryD
10-27-2002, 04:15 PM
Reported post.

We do 4 U
10-28-2002, 11:01 PM
I have got a ocdc for my Hustler Super Z. Its is called Quichchute I think. They make them for Hustler, Bobcat and Ex-mark I think. If you are interseted in more info, let me know. By the way, it has come VERY handy. The only draw back to this paticlur (I wish they had spell chek on here, I spell like my 3 year old) brand is it has only 2 postions closed and open. But it is nice to close it off when coming up on a driveway, sidewalk, flower bed, etc. and keep the grass in the grass.