PDA

View Full Version : Agrium

Turfman3231
08-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Have any of you had any dealing with this company call Agrium? I had a meeting today with one of there sales rep and it sound like it a pretty good company and the sales rep give me alot of good information,I may start getting my chemicals from them. The prices he was alot chreaper than my local John Deere store, and I like that they will drop off at my shop with a forklift and don't have to help unload like I do with some of the others, just got off the phone with John Deere and they can't match the price

LBFmd
08-05-2011, 05:25 PM
we switched this year, service has been fantastic!! have had no issues what so ever.

HenryB
08-05-2011, 06:02 PM
I'm still waiting to get a call back from them:cry:

Ric
08-05-2011, 08:32 PM
I'm still waiting to get a call back from them:cry:

Henry B

You and me both. First time I ordered two pallets of fertilizer and paid for it up front with a Debt card. No payments hassles, no need for a credit check, I always pay up front at my own request I told the Rep.

Yep I got the order delivered with no problems, But the Rep doesn't answer or return my calls or E mails. The few time I have got him to answer his phone I get Lip service and no action.

CHARLES CUE
08-05-2011, 08:36 PM
I kind of stopped using them for some things.

Great fert and good prices but the rep i got ant that great. Some times price not every thing.

Charles Cue

Licensetokill
08-05-2011, 08:38 PM
I've been dealing with them for my Municipal (and the School System too) pesticide supply needs here in Maryland/Mid Atlantic (they just opened a new HUGE distribution center in Baltimore/Rosedale for the Mid Atlantic) . Top notch in every way...I was lost while they relocated but I'm feeling much better now.

Licensetokill
08-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Henry B

You and me both. First time I ordered two pallets of fertilizer and paid for it up front with a Debt card. No payments hassles, no need for a credit check, I always pay up front at my own request I told the Rep.

Yep I got the order delivered with no problems, But the Rep doesn't answer or return my calls or E mails. The few time I have got him to answer his phone I get Lip service and no action.

Are you dealing with the local warehouse rep/staff or the , what I call "traveling rep"? I had to call Corporate, which passed me down the chain to the local guys to determine the opening date for the new regional center. A bit of phone tag but he DID call back with the info. If you don't hear from them, call them and gripe. Evidently they are having some reorganization and targetting the lawn/landscape market more than in the past so they may have some bumps in the road. Call them and give them feedback.

AnotherOkie
08-07-2011, 07:47 PM
I am very pleased with their products, sales reps, and delivery drivers. They have brought me products 30+ miles within an hour of the order being made with no delivery charge.

fl-landscapes
08-07-2011, 08:10 PM
Henry B

Hey Ric,

On my way down for my sons shoulder surgery in fort myers I noticed a "agrium technologies" signed building on the south side of i-75. Is that the warehouse?

Ric
08-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Are you dealing with the local warehouse rep/staff or the , what I call "traveling rep"? I had to call Corporate, which passed me down the chain to the local guys to determine the opening date for the new regional center. A bit of phone tag but he DID call back with the info. If you don't hear from them, call them and gripe. Evidently they are having some reorganization and targetting the lawn/landscape market more than in the past so they may have some bumps in the road. Call them and give them feedback.

Licensed

I guess that is what I will have to do. Fact is I am a house account with my main supplier and only deal with the warehouse Mgr or the 3rd Generation owner or Grandson. The Traveling Sales Rep is the only one I have a phone number for. But that can be fixed real easy.

Hey Ric,

On my way down for my sons shoulder surgery in fort myers I noticed a "agrium technologies" signed building on the south side of i-75. Is that the warehouse?

Fl

Yep that is the warehouse and that is why I am so mad about the Sales rep blowing me off after I gave him a reasonable size order. The delivery Truck drives right past us every day.

AuburnHort2005
08-07-2011, 10:09 PM
Turfman,

I am in your neck of the woods and I started using them back in Feb/March. I like them a lot.

EquityGreen
08-08-2011, 08:13 PM
I've used AAT for the last couple years and could not be happier, virtually every product is cheaper than the next and my Rep is always good about getting products shipped ASAP. Highly recommend them.

Good Luck!!
Posted via Mobile Device

EquityGreen
08-08-2011, 09:04 PM
I've used AAT for the last couple years and could not be happier, virtually every product is cheaper than the next and my Rep is always good about getting products shipped ASAP. Highly recommend them.

Good Luck!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Turfman3231
08-18-2011, 04:20 PM
I got my first order from Agrium today, they were great!! driver call me a hour or two before he got there and drop the product where i asked to, i going to used this com[pany again, no more helping JDL unloading a pick up truck everything they come out

Falcon50EX
08-18-2011, 06:18 PM
I got my first order from Agrium today, they were great!! driver call me a hour or two before he got there and drop the product where i asked to, i going to used this com[pany again, no more helping JDL unloading a pick up truck everything they come out

What did you get from them? I used them at the start of the season for two pallets called back for another two and it was $6 a bag increase and I was going to have a $60 charge if they off loaded with a pallet jack. The rep was great but what a change from the first load so I went to Harrell's they mixed exactly what i asked for and had it to me in 6 days.

CHARLES CUE
08-18-2011, 08:15 PM
What did you get from them? I used them at the start of the season for two pallets called back for another two and it was $6 a bag increase and I was going to have a $60 charge if they off loaded with a pallet jack. The rep was great but what a change from the first load so I went to Harrell's they mixed exactly what i asked for and had it to me in 6 days.

I called Harrells there fert prices were not bad but they wanted $84 for a 2.5 jug of 3 way :laugh:

Charles Cue

Falcon50EX
08-18-2011, 09:22 PM
I called Harrells there fert prices were not bad but they wanted $84 for a 2.5 jug of 3 way :laugh:

Charles Cue

What's not bad and what did you check into check the price for a case not a split
Posted via Mobile Device

CHARLES CUE
08-18-2011, 09:49 PM
What's not bad and what did you check into check the price for a case not a split
Posted via Mobile Device

Well i buy by the case and bought one jug at $34 less to my door

Charles Cue

Falcon50EX
08-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Well i buy by the case and bought one jug at $34 less to my door

Charles Cue
Name and number if you would please o would like some or maybe others it's
S
Posted via Mobile Device

CHARLES CUE
08-19-2011, 02:24 PM
Name and number if you would please o would like some or maybe others it's
S
Posted via Mobile Device

The title of this post says it

Charles Cue

Young Bros
08-19-2011, 04:14 PM
Started using a couple years ago (thanks Larry!). My rep is great. Prices & free delivery are awesome. They also have products like prospect plus & non staining iron for our liquid fert.

:usflag:

Turfman3231
08-19-2011, 07:12 PM

I got 2 pallet of a product called 30-0-5 at $16.05. it was there product for 30-0-10. JDL wanted $18.95 a bag and a company called howards that start here around year ago wanted $ 16.50 a bag

americanlawn
08-20-2011, 03:52 PM
I just received an email from my local AAT rep regarding my post regarding "dusty fert". I told him it's no big deal cuz it all depends on the product content and where it's made. AAT is still top notch for us. I recomemnd AAT to anybody I know.

my 2 cents.

CHARLES CUE
08-20-2011, 05:01 PM
I just received an email from my local AAT rep regarding my post regarding "dusty fert". I told him it's no big deal cuz it all depends on the product content and where it's made. AAT is still top notch for us. I recomemnd AAT to anybody I know.

my 2 cents.

Sounds like your singing a different song to day larry

Thats funny i got a email from my agrium rep he says guess what im a lawnsite member

I guess he seen my post on here

Hi chad

Charles Cue

Service 1st Lawn Care
08-20-2011, 05:30 PM

my 2 cents.

So what did he say about the fert being so dusty? and what have they done to satisfy you and correct the problem? Obvisouly there was some sort of manufacturing problem for you to be so unhappy.