PDA

View Full Version : Certified Applicator Search

LawnsRUsInc.
08-06-2011, 10:12 AM
I wanted to see where is the best place you have all found applicators to work for you. I have posted adds online in search for hiring certified applicators with no luck. Your help in my search would be greatly appreciated. $15-18 an hour and a full route of clients.

Ric
08-06-2011, 10:53 AM
I wanted to see where is the best place you have all found applicators to work for you. I have posted adds online in search for hiring certified applicators with no luck. Your help in my search would be greatly appreciated. $15-18 an hour and a full route of clients.

Lawns

GOOD LUCK

I have an ad for a spray tech posted in the Lawnsite employment forum. The only inquire I have had was from a CPO in Louisiana asking IF I had any hits.

What can say, any CPO worth his salt is working his own business. Even finding people willing to sit on their ass is hard to find in this give away welfare society.

EquityGreen
08-06-2011, 12:41 PM
If I may make a suggestion, hire a newbie have him work with you for a month train him or her how you do lawns not the way he did lawns for the last guy. I like hiring new guys, doesn't every lco know they are the best at applicating lawns? Why limit yourself to certified applicators when your next right hand man is down the street.

Good Luck!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Ric
08-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Lawns

GOOD LUCK

I have an ad for a spray tech posted in the Lawnsite employment forum. The only inquire I have had was from a CPO in Louisiana asking IF I had any hits.

What can say, any CPO worth his salt is working his own business. Even finding people willing to sit on their ass is hard to find in this give away welfare society.

If I may make a suggestion, hire a newbie have him work with you for a month train him or her how you do lawns not the way he did lawns for the last guy. I like hiring new guys, doesn't every lco know they are the best at applicating lawns? Why limit yourself to certified applicators when your next right hand man is down the street.

Good Luck!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Equity

I think you have the right Idea. Trying to break bad habits learned working for Boozo the clown are hard to do. Training a Tech YOUR WAY can be less stressful IN THE LONG RUN. Of Course it is a lot of work and stress up front that doesn't always work out. You got to break some eggs to make an omelet.

BTW I am interested in hiring a few Techs also. I want people who have experience in the Green industry but not necessarily Spraying. I am going to be darn sure I spoon feed them a comprehenchive education of the Green Industry in general as well as spraying. I don't want no Larry the Cable Guy out there bragging about how much they don't know.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Ric, your comment about podunk Iowa is strange. There are darn hard working, intelligent people from Iowa. Maybe the heat is getting to you....

Ric
08-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Ric, your comment about podunk Iowa is strange. There are darn hard working, intelligent people from Iowa. Maybe the heat is getting to you....

DA

Glad you like it. If I refer to Podunk Iowa, it is because most Comics use Iowa as there whipping area or opposite of the Big population areas on either coast. It is about as centrally located as it can be. I spend a couple of years in small college town in Iowa and INHO Iowa was loaded with farmers who are way behind the times. Your profile says you are in Mn so why would care what I said about Iowa.

Most states love to tell jokes about other state especially their border states

BTW does D A stand for Dumb Ass??

Florida Gardener
08-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Ric

Too bad my area isnt where you are at cause we would be a perfect fit. I would be more than willing to get training from you and the learn the right way.....

Oh well, good luck to you.

Ric
08-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Ric

Too bad my area isnt where you are at cause we would be a perfect fit. I would be more than willing to get training from you and the learn the right way.....

Oh well, good luck to you.

Chris

Good Luck to you also. You are smart enough to know what a great opportunity this could be to any LCO who wants to be a real professional.

But this has been a problem every time I offer a job on LS. I get all kinds of inquires from people out side my area and no one from inside the area. I am not just passing out Spray Cards. I am responsible under the law to train employees in proper applications and could in fact lose my Certification if I don't. Therefore I can not spread myself too thin. I must keep my territory to a manageable size and distance. Once I hire a few Employees my job is training and helping them and not doing applications myself.

ted putnam
08-06-2011, 03:44 PM
DA

Glad you like it. If I refer to Podunk Iowa, it is because most Comics use Iowa as there whipping area or opposite of the Big population areas on either coast. It is about as centrally located as it can be. I spend a couple of years in small college town in Iowa and INHO Iowa was loaded with farmers who are way behind the times. Your profile says you are in Mn so why would care what I said about Iowa.

Not trying to take sides or get involved in any argument in any way so I apologize for this but.......

:laugh::laugh:ROFLMAO:laugh::laugh:

Ric
08-06-2011, 03:49 PM
[/B]

Not trying to take sides or get involved in any argument in any way so I apologize for this but.......

:laugh::laugh:ROFLMAO:laugh::laugh:

And how long do you think it will take to delete my post now that you have bold printed it???

Patriot Services
08-06-2011, 03:54 PM
Since Florida is the butt of more jokes than all of the midwest combined I see no problem taking a jab at the corn feds. BTW is it St. Louis and Missouri or St. Louie and Mizzurah?

On topic though, Ric offers a golden opportunity that you won't get anywhere else in FL. Instead of being another startup lawn guy you can learn a career. You can pull hose for TG for years and not even know what or why your spraying.
Posted via Mobile Device

ted putnam
08-06-2011, 04:16 PM
And how long do you think it will take to delete my post now that you have bold printed it???

Sorry, that was a DA thing for me to do.............:laugh:

Florida Gardener
08-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Sorry, that was a DA thing for me to do.............:laugh:

Hahahaha
Posted via Mobile Device

Service 1st Lawn Care
08-06-2011, 04:29 PM
DA

He's only upset because that's were his mentor Larry lives, and when you say something bad about Iowa your picking on Larry, lighten up DA. If I got upset every time someone made fun of Illinois I'd be in a loony-bin :dizzy:

Ric
08-06-2011, 07:03 PM
He's only upset because that's were his mentor Larry lives, and when you say something bad about Iowa your picking on Larry, lighten up DA. If I got upset every time someone made fun of Illinois I'd be in a loony-bin :dizzy:

Service

Is that Larry the DA Cable Guy??????

vencops
08-06-2011, 07:12 PM
Ric:

Why did you change your signature? Heck, you weren't afraid that would run off potential employees...................were you?.....lol

Good luck!

Ric
08-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Ric:

Why did you change your signature? Heck, you weren't afraid that would run off potential employees...................were you?.....lol

Good luck!

Ven

I did not change it. Someone deleted my first signature after it was up for like Forever. But then need I say any more about the Editing here.

Tim Smith
08-07-2011, 01:20 AM
Lol Ric I got my first one deleted also. Oh well I have found 3 great guys I've trained on here and helped them get certified in Florida. Had tons ask me for help but they wanted to do it on their terms tell them to piss off. Best way is to train them from scratch they have not one bad habit instilled in them. As for the 3 I have had they are now working and doing well for them selves and finding out they wasted years in the mow and blow game
Posted via Mobile Device

Snyder's Lawn Inc
08-07-2011, 01:24 AM

say where are you at in the midwest

Ric
08-07-2011, 10:33 AM
Lol Ric I got my first one deleted also. Oh well I have found 3 great guys I've trained on here and helped them get certified in Florida. Had tons ask me for help but they wanted to do it on their terms tell them to piss off. Best way is to train them from scratch they have not one bad habit instilled in them. As for the 3 I have had they are now working and doing well for them selves and finding out they wasted years in the mow and blow game
Posted via Mobile Device

Tim

I am going to take a half credit on Brian because I set the deal up between you guys. Then Brian got a 98% on the CPO test, We both were very proud about that. I picked him right and you trained him right. But I got to tell a tale on Brian. Every so often he will call for advise. Then he will argue with me about the advise I gave him. Because Tim gave him just a tad different advice or different product to use. I can only assume he is calling me because was he arguing with you about your advise.

LawnsRUsInc.
08-07-2011, 10:38 AM
Well i found a guy that just received his license but has not done lawn applications for a company. He worked for 5 years doing pest control in and around homes and decided to get a lisc. doing commercial lawn applications. He seems to know alot off the top of his head in regards to mixtures machines etc...

He is an older guy so one thing he asked is if he has to pull a hose on every lawn or if he can use the perma green more often than none.

I wish i had time to train I just dont on a daily basis. What are your thoughts?

EquityGreen
08-07-2011, 03:18 PM
Well i found a guy that just received his license but has not done lawn applications for a company. He worked for 5 years doing pest control in and around homes and decided to get a lisc. doing commercial lawn applications. He seems to know alot off the top of his head in regards to mixtures machines etc...

He is an older guy so one thing he asked is if he has to pull a hose on every lawn or if he can use the perma green more often than none.

I wish i had time to train I just dont on a daily basis. What are your thoughts?

You HAVE to train your employees regardless of how much they know. Don't you want to know when you send them out that its going to get done right, I'm sure you feel your apps are the best. Why wouldn't you want another guy who does it the same as you. Take at minimum a few weeks have him ride with you, spot treat weeds, show him different diseases, other issues etc. It will be worth your time, effort, and the added costs to train him properly.

Good Luck!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

ProMo
08-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Tim

I am going to take a half credit on Brian because I set the deal up between you guys. Then Brian got a 98% on the CPO test, We both were very proud about that. I picked him right and you trained him right. But I got to tell a tale on Brian. Every so often he will call for advise. Then he will argue with me about the advise I gave him. Because Tim gave him just a tad different advice or different product to use. I can only assume he is calling me because was he arguing with you about your advise.

Ric It my appear as if I am arguing but actually I am making sure I get it right since I dont have room to make errors. I have and continue to learn a lot from both you and Tim.

Tim Smith
08-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Hope I taught you enough to know every yard is different and the mow and blow guys don't know as much as they think they do lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Ric
08-07-2011, 10:18 PM
Hope I taught you enough to know every yard is different and the mow and blow guys don't know as much as they think they do lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Tim

Brian knows how much education the Yard Boys have, But it is the Customer that has to realize who actually knows the Facts of Life.