PDA

View Full Version : just talked to billy

1idejim
08-06-2011, 07:37 PM
i just got off the phone with inspired bill kisich.

for the time being it's more of a one sided conversation than usual with bill than i usually have.

bill is articulating somewhat and i could tell by his enthusiasm that he recognized my voice.

bill has a long way to go and i'll be blunt men, no one in this crowd deserves what billy is going through. this has been a sad week in jimtown but as happy as i am to have actually spoken to bill, the reality sets in and a tear trickles down my face. bill has a long way to go.

i can say no more except that if anyone can pull this off, bill can.

Wet_Boots
08-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Go Bill!!!

Nf4GxH9g5LQ

Mike Leary
08-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Go Bill........:clapping:

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-07-2011, 01:57 AM
Amen......

1idejim
08-11-2011, 01:59 PM
bill is on a long slow road to recovery, his wife and i talk about once a week and she tells me and i tell you what bill's doing.

the texts are slowing down because there is no real big improvement to talk about daily. bill is evaluated the first of every week by the entire staff drs. that see him.

each week they give him the thumbs up or down as to the length of his stay at this facility. once he's benefited from the acute care he will be moved to a skilled nursing facility.

i suggested that the family contact the rotary for some information on an account for donations. there is a right and wrong way for donations to work. the right way helps the intended recipient o get by under these stressful times and the wrong just puts them deeper in financial trouble. we want to do this right.

once an account is established i am going to ask everyone that reads the irrigation forum to dig down and help this family. billy has been a solid contributor to the irrigation forum and would bend backwards to help anyone here out.

hopefully the benefit account can be established soon.

Mike Leary
08-11-2011, 02:42 PM
once an account is established i am going to ask everyone that reads the irrigation forum to dig down and help this family. billy has been a solid contributor to the irrigation forum and would bend backwards to help anyone here out.

hopefully the benefit account can be established soon.

::::Starts planning a string of bank robberies on the way south::::

1idejim
08-11-2011, 02:51 PM
::::Starts planning a string of bank robberies on the way south::::

D.B. Cooper strikes again, man hijacks motor home and demands money and parachute.

disappears between Washington and Mexico, never to be seen again.

need an accomplice? :laugh:

1idejim
08-14-2011, 12:34 PM
melissa (billys wife) sent me a return text when i inquired about any improvement, she said that he's depressed and feeling down.

has to be tough of everyone involved, going from a guy doing what you do to support your family to fighting for your life and relearning the basics of walking and talking.

i told melissa to pass on everyone's support for his recovery, i know that matt will get by when he can, ML is flocking south soon and will be there to see him in person, this will be good as the boss and bill are more than just acquaintances according to bill, they are solid friends.

i will pass on info as i get it, once a week is about all that melissa and i talk, maybe a few texts in-between.

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-14-2011, 12:59 PM
Melissa has one of the most gut wrenching jobs going. I remember when my brother died I had a sister that went into a severe depression. I finally confronted her angrily and told her in so many words to get over it. Seemed cruel at the time but it sure turned her around. Hopefully Bill can get to that point on his own. Going to be a challenge for Melissa to deal with all the mood swings he's going to have.

Mike Leary
08-14-2011, 05:42 PM
If Judy did not have a 94 year-old father that she knows each day might be his last, we'd be down to see Bill. Geez, life deals some odd cards. :dizzy:

ARGOS
08-15-2011, 12:10 AM
If Judy did not have a 94 year-old father that she knows each day might be his last, we'd be down to see Bill. Geez, life deals some odd cards. :dizzy:

I think about Bill every day. Could be any of us...

Mike Leary
08-15-2011, 03:00 PM
I think Bill is in his middle fifties, don't smoke, don't drink, go figure.

1idejim
08-21-2011, 12:28 PM
i received a text last evening from billys wife, bill was taken to the ER yesterday.

he's been having a great deal of pain, he's got an infection of some kind and they're running some tests to find out what it is.

does anyone know anything about fund raisers? i have little knowledge of how these things work but i know that money can be raised to aid people in dire circumstances, it just has to be done correctly.

1idejim
08-21-2011, 01:00 PM
just received another message, bill has some blood clots in his lungs. his head is fine, they will prolly put some chest tubes in him...........

Waterlogged
08-21-2011, 03:20 PM
HeyJim,
The quickest and easiest way would probably be to go to Billy's local bank and have them help set it up. Any account would have to be established under a SSN. That would probably need to be Billy's wife's SSN, unless he is able to sign forms. The bank manager would probably know the fastest and easiest way to set it up.
Here is a link to a site that mentions some things to consider: http://www.ehow.com/how_7457787_establish-donations-account-bank.html

And once the account number is established, a Paypal or other account could be setup to that account so that people could click and donate.

Hope this helps

Mike Leary
08-21-2011, 03:51 PM
HeyJim,
The quickest and easiest way would probably be to go to Billy's local bank and have them help set it up. Any account would have to be established under a SSN. That would probably need to be Billy's wife's SSN, unless he is able to sign forms. The bank manager would probably know the fastest and easiest way to set it up.
Here is a link to a site that mentions some things to consider: http://www.ehow.com/how_7457787_establish-donations-account-bank.html

And once the account number is established, a Paypal or other account could be setup to that account so that people could click and donate.

Hope this helps

Yup, just what I was going to post, also. Well done, WL. :clapping:

Wet_Boots
08-21-2011, 08:56 PM
just be careful the fund-raising doesn't get out of control (http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/393971/august-04-2011/colbert-super-pac---the-heroes-respond)

Mike Leary
08-22-2011, 05:22 PM
just be careful the fund-raising doesn't get out of control

Hilarious humor in such a serious situation, Clyde. :hammerhead::hammerhead:

1idejim
08-23-2011, 08:49 AM
HeyJim,

Hope this helps

hanks M.

it's getting someone in the area to put a little effort out, i think.

just have a minute, billy had to undergo an op yesterday to install a filter to prevent clots moving from legs to lungs......his wife is really down......

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-23-2011, 08:53 AM
Sounds like he got deep vein thrombosis from being idle and poor circulation.

Mike Leary
08-24-2011, 04:33 PM
Large upper body and little bandy legs. Plus working in that weather must take a toll.

Mike Leary
10-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Just sent this to Billy today, found it stashed in the mo/ho. Sent them a few bucks, too. Last I heard, he's good/bad. :clapping: :cry:

Wet_Boots
10-04-2011, 01:56 PM
a gen-yoo-wine Water Whiz? It's like a sprinkler and a valentine all in one. :)

1idejim
10-11-2011, 08:55 AM
i talked to billy for awhile yesterday, conversation was a wee bit one sided but you can tell that he's ok upstairs. when i told him that ML was going to stop by in the future he got pretty animated, other than that there are a lot of yas and drawn efforts to form words. i did ask him to say yes and he very clearly did.

the guy knows what's going on, he's just trapped inside and troubleshooting his way out.

DanaMac
10-11-2011, 08:59 AM
the guy knows what's going on, he's just trapped inside and troubleshooting his way out.

Sweet analogy. Hope the family is adjusting well.
Any word on a fund to contribute to?

Mike Leary
10-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Good news, Jim. :clapping:

1idejim
10-16-2011, 10:19 AM
bill goes into surgery on tuesday to have his skull flap replaced, i wish him luck. this will allow him to shed the helmet that he has been wearing. :) his wife said that he's at a lull in the visitor dept. and since she can only spend about 5 hours a day with him, he spends a lot of time alone.

it would be nice if anyone in the area could stop by once in a while for a quick visit, it would make a difference

1idejim
10-21-2011, 09:11 AM
bill came through the skull flap procedure fine, soon he can lose the football helmet he's been wearing.:)

Mike Leary
10-21-2011, 03:46 PM
I left a message with Mellisa, we'll be down in a few weeks.

1idejim
11-06-2011, 12:58 PM
received this from melissa, billys wife

Hello,
Wanted to give a quick update on Bill. He's doing fabulous after his
bone flap procedure two weeks ago and is improving daily. Got the
denial letter from Long-term care over the weekend which was both sad
and good at the same time. Sad because I worked soooo hard for 3 months
on getting him to qualify for Long-term care. Good because I hear (from
personal experience from others) that the program controls your life
and there's no freedom to spend your money how you'd like to, and if
you come into some money they take it from you to pay themselves back.
I don't want that for my family. I know that God will take care of us
as a family, and provide for Bill what he needs. I'm unable to set up
an account that many have suggested to me to do. He's on Medacaid and
if they find out about the account at any given time, they count that
as income against us and may make us pay them back for the medical
expenses that they paid out for Bill. I don't need that.

Bill is coming home soon and everything will be on my shoulders
regarding his care, along with caring for the children, house, errands,
bills, etc. I will need help so here are some ways you can help us out
if you choose to: 1) PRAYER, 2) Yard work, 3) Meals, 4) Rides, 5)
Financially - cash, check, or money order. I need to save up the money
to pay for Bill's therapy so he can continue to improve and get better.

Thanks for doing your part and helping us through this major challenge
in our lives. I appreciate all that everyone has done for me and my
family along this journey.

Melissa

Mike Leary
11-06-2011, 01:44 PM
I'll be in Glendale tomorrow, will get on it.

Wet_Boots
11-06-2011, 01:59 PM
this calls for the kind of bagman who has worked the music biz payup

Mike Leary
11-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Hope we can avoid offshore accounts. :dizzy:

SoCalLandscapeMgmt
11-06-2011, 10:21 PM
ok... so if there can't be an account in Bill's name, why can't there be an account in the name of one or more of his children? Funds could be donated for their needs and costs. I'd be hard pressed to think that the medicare people would be able to go after those accounts or consider them as Bill's or his wife's income.

DanaMac
11-07-2011, 06:33 AM
If Mikey is going to be in the area, or Matt since he lives down there, we could send them the money and they could either turn it over in cash to the family, or exchange it for gift cards at the local grocery store or other local places they may need it.

Mike Leary
11-07-2011, 09:52 AM
If Mikey is going to be in the area, or Matt since he lives down there, we could send them the money and they could either turn it over in cash to the family, or exchange it for gift cards at the local grocery store or other local places they may need it.

All good ideas, I'll talk with Bill's wife and let everyone know what we think should happen. :clapping:

hoskm01
11-07-2011, 11:43 AM
All good ideas, I'll talk with Bill's wife and let everyone know what we think should happen. :clapping:
Mike,

are you down in the valley now? Did you miss the snow up high?

Let me know if you are around and we can set something up.

Mike Leary
11-08-2011, 11:07 AM
Mike,

are you down in the valley now? Did you miss the snow up high?

Let me know if you are around and we can set something up.

Yes, we bailed out before the storm, knew 1-17 would be dicey. Sitting at my aunt's re-programming her Rain-Dial where some piker used all the programs and start times for four zones! All 10/10/10/10 with the stack feature on so she had a $400.00 water bill and flooded the joint. Did he return her calls? :laugh: We're going to Glendale this a.m. and will be around until Fri/Sat. Love to get together. :drinkup: Went by your place on the 303 yesterday, honked.

1idejim
11-13-2011, 11:31 AM
i spoke to melissa yesterday, bill is home, he's getting from the bed to the wheelchair with minimal help. he is also getting into the car the same way. since home, i reckon that he's stepping up and trying a little harder to rehab himself.

i am gonna talk to bill again this week, it's a task not for the weak at heart as it's a one sided conversation. i plan on making a few topic notes and keeping the conversation short.

maybe i will start a thread around thanksgiving and everyone can say hey, might lift his spirits.

Mike Leary
11-13-2011, 03:18 PM
I talked with both of them the other day, also. Billy has no verbal responses, to speak of . Maybe, as Jim said, he understands what is being said, but cannot reply. I'll get a system of conversations on my clipboard to be able to hang with him when we go up to Glendale in the next few weeks.:cry:

ARGOS
11-13-2011, 11:07 PM
ok... so if there can't be an account in Bill's name, why can't there be an account in the name of one or more of his children? Funds could be donated for their needs and costs. I'd be hard pressed to think that the medicare people would be able to go after those accounts or consider them as Bill's or his wife's income.

I unfortunately have experience on this one (not personal, but was involved in a situation with a friend). The kids assets are considered the fathers if the children are minors.

Mike Leary
11-14-2011, 10:14 AM
There are some mitigating circumstances that can't be discussed here.

AI Inc
11-14-2011, 10:19 AM
This whole thread scares the shhit out of me.

hoskm01
11-14-2011, 11:10 AM
It's a bum deal that words can't describe.

AI Inc
11-14-2011, 03:01 PM
sure is man..

1idejim
11-17-2011, 01:25 PM

in more ways than one i bet.

i told my son that when i go it's his responsibility to have me cremated, A-hole is following me around with a can of gas and a zippo.

1idejim
12-03-2011, 11:15 AM
i have gotten into the habit of calling bill a couple of times a week, they have verizon so it's a free call for us both. bill understands everything that i am saying and he's responding to me the best he can.

i asked billy if they had looked at LS last week and he said yes, laughed like hell when i mentioned that the thanksgiving thread lasted a whole page before sidetracking........or was it the bozos comment? whatever.

i told him that i got to meet ML's former partner in crime John Malt , FIMCO and ARGOS this year so i am pretty stoked, one day i'll run into the rest of the best :laugh:, the Internet and telephone are close but no cigar when it comes to actual face time :)

anyhow, bill is accessible and he seems to be progressing albeit slowly, just be prepared to hold down your of the conversation :)

Mike Leary
12-03-2011, 11:36 AM
i told him that i got to meet ML's former partner in crime John Malt. bill is accessible and he seems to be progressing albeit slowly, just be prepared to hold down your end of the conversation :)

Glad you had a chance to meet JM, he's a good guy. We'll be in Phoenix tomorrow, so I'll see if I can get together with Bill and Melissa.

1idejim
12-17-2011, 03:17 PM
HeyJim,

Hope this helps

check your pm pls

1idejim
12-23-2011, 10:20 AM
i am headed to the veterans cemetery in igo for a compromise issue, forgot my friggin A-frame so i guess i will have to tough it. just wanted to say that bill ended up in the hospital last eve, will update everyone later. i also was able to send them a reloadable gift card, melissa will text me the number so if anyone would like to make donations, i will pm the number to them. gotta go:)

Mike Leary
12-23-2011, 06:59 PM
i am headed to the veterans cemetery in igo for a compromise issue, forgot my friggin A-frame so i guess i will have to tough it. just wanted to say that bill ended up in the hospital last eve, will update everyone later. i also was able to send them a reloadable gift card, melissa will text me the number so if anyone would like to make donations, i will pm the number to them. gotta go:)

Thanks Jim, we'll hope for him. Happy holidays, everyone.

1idejim
12-25-2011, 01:08 PM
good news, bill was just dehydrated, poured some fluid into him and he was on his way. i received a card number that i will share with anyone that would like to help billy financially. pm me, text or call and i'll send you the number. :)

btw. tuesday again for the veterans cemetery. this is gonna be a challange that i am looking forwards to

mitchgo
12-31-2011, 12:44 AM
This isn't billy related. But I'm having a hard time of my own right now.
I found out earlier today that a very good friend of mine died last night by falling 3 stories off a escalator. My best friend witnessed the whole thing. I just came back from a facebook organized memorial . Words can't describe how I feel right now.

Also last week I was able to visit my friend in the hospital. She's been the in the ICU for 4 months now . She is 26 and had to have brain surgery. It was so hard for me to see my friend in the state she is in now.

Reality can hit you so hard sometimes

Kiril
12-31-2011, 09:07 AM
The reality of your own mortality is never so poignant than when faced with the death of someone you know who is your age or younger.

1idejim
01-06-2012, 07:52 PM
billy is going to be checking the forum out this weekend so i thought i might post something a little different.

in 1978-79 i was working out of the cement finishers hall, i poured the curbs, gutters and sidewalk for one contractor, the bank floor and vault for another and through the years have either found valves or wire compromises for 3 different landscape management companies all on the same site.

last time i was there to find out why the curb sprayers wouldn't turn off at the controller. they were wired into the drip was why.

mitch and kiril were commenting on mortality, life is constantly changing, old guard moves on and hopefully passes their knowledge on to the new guard.

Sprinkus
01-06-2012, 08:57 PM
, life is constantly changing, old guard moves on and hopefully passes their knowledge on to the new guard.

I've taught many a young'n how to be an a-hole.....like me! :laugh:

Stuttering Stan
01-06-2012, 11:11 PM
old guard moves on and hopefully passes their knowledge on to the new guard.

I concur. I learned the biz from an old salty well and pump guy. I can still call him when I'm stumped. Told me one day that knowledge is useless unless its passed on to others.
Posted via Mobile Device

1idejim
01-13-2012, 04:29 PM
i spoke to Billy's wife Melissa today, Bill was seen by a neurologist today and he is recommending that Billy be classified as permanently disabled and is putting the paperwork in motion. Melissa was a little down,she was hoping that he would recover fully and again be productive.

I feel that Bill will recover, maybe not fully but he's no veg. I talk to Billy 2 + times a week, he knows what I am saying and fully understands the situation he is in. I honestly think that he will recover to a point that he could consult maybe even do some written work......it's been done before.

The best thing about the classification is that they will finally have some sort of income, I don't know how they have made it this far.

Sprinkus
01-13-2012, 10:46 PM
:cry:
I wish I could put my feelings into words about this.
I don't pray often but I will for Bill, Melissa, family, and friends.

Mike Leary
01-14-2012, 11:38 AM
:cry:
I wish I could put my feelings into words about this.
I don't pray often but I will for Bill, Melissa, family, and friends.

Ditto; I'm still trying to get up the nerve to go see him. :cry:

1idejim
01-14-2012, 12:52 PM
Ditto; I'm still trying to get up the nerve to go see him. :cry:

tough choice boss. no one can make it for you. best of luck in making the decision. :)

Mike Leary
01-14-2012, 07:42 PM
tough choice boss. no one can make it for you. best of luck in making the decision. :)

It occupies a lot of my time, I would agree to that.

1idejim
01-20-2012, 02:16 PM
this is a quote from a text billys wife sent me today "Bill for the first time since his stroke was able to move his right arm and hand"

the text goes on but also says that he is moving his right leg more. :)

this is a good thing, time will tell:waving:

Wet_Boots
01-20-2012, 02:42 PM
Go Billy!!

RussellB
01-20-2012, 02:45 PM
This is very good news.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mike Leary
01-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Excellent news! My RN friend says that if the feeling is coming back, so might his voice.