PDA

View Full Version : amsoil ???

bluemoon
10-27-2002, 11:51 PM
need feedback about Amsoil products. Pro & Cons.

sirsweatsalot
10-27-2002, 11:57 PM
in what are u putting it in?

sirsweatsalot
10-28-2002, 12:00 AM
snowmoblie yes... lawn mower no.

odin
10-28-2002, 12:37 AM
love it put it in everything mowers trucks also buy their two cycle stuff.

Got their bypass filter on all the trucks

Brickman
10-28-2002, 12:37 AM
I been using it in my truck. So far no problems.

Probably the biggest cons are the price, and you can't walk into every truck stop and buy some.

MOW ED
10-28-2002, 10:11 AM
Ok.
I have been using it for 5 years in
2 backpack blowers
1 string trimmer
1 lawnboy.
Mix at 80 or 100 to 1

Fuel related problems=0
Increased power and reliability.

Premo Services
10-28-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by MOW ED
Ok.
I have been using it for 5 years in
2 backpack blowers
1 string trimmer
1 lawnboy.
Mix at 80 or 100 to 1

Fuel related problems=0
Increased power and reliability.

I have been using amsoil 2-cycle mix for 2 years now and have had the same results as MOW ED.
Fuel related problems=0
Increased power and reliability
:D

bluemoon
10-28-2002, 12:22 PM
Thought about using in everything, are you guys dealers , and if not why?

Brickman
10-28-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by bluemoon
Thought about using in everything, are you guys dealers , and if not why?

Its fairly easy to become a commercail dealer. Find a regular dealer to sponsor you and fill out the paper work. Then you can buy for cheaper than the regular dealer does, he gets a cut and you can ONLY use it for your personal use. If Ams were to catch you reselling you would lose your dealer status in a HUGE hurry.

Gravely_Man
10-28-2002, 01:41 PM
Their products also seem to get glowing remarks but are very pricey. I use their gear oil products in all of the trucks. Becoming a dealer is the way to go as buying them from someone else you are paying a ton of cash. I guess it just goes to show you get what you pay for.

Gravely_Man

Farmboy
10-29-2002, 04:08 PM
There is a guy down here that put it in a new redmax trimmer and now it rattles terribly inside! He said it still makes good power but rattles like it has a rod loose in it.

awm
10-29-2002, 08:38 PM
some people who really have experience w 2 cycle are recommending top grd mix at 32-1 . then u have others advocating 100-1 of other products.
for me the fix is 50-1 stihl or echo mix and 90 octane or higher.and i do mean fix. ive not had a single problem in over a yr. using this mix. no oil in exhaust ports and no over heating or lean running.i get pro durobility out of a couple o homeowner 2 cycles ,along with the pro stuff.
so i guess the real secrete is learning how to use a specific method, succesfully.

The Mowerdude
10-30-2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Farmboy
There is a guy down here that put it in a new redmax trimmer and now it rattles terribly inside! He said it still makes good power but rattles like it has a rod loose in it.

Before your man down there blames the oil, he should prove that the noise is related to the oil.

I've used the 100-1 mix since 1992....no problems. I love the stuff.
There is no carbon build up, no soot, no oily residue all over the trimmers or blowers. Also, I've used Amsoil in my trucks, cars, mowers and I've used the ATF in my autotrannys. I've used Amsoil in the hydrostatic drives my mowers have.

Folks talk about it being more expensive. Well, it's a lot like lawncare. You're buying quality so you need to pay for it.

I can't remember how my account is set up. I just call my orders in and it comes in a few days. I don't think that I'm a dealer. I think that I'm a commercial account. I'm not interested in the least in trying to make any money with it.

odin
10-30-2002, 12:38 AM
mowerdude

Is your amsoil account 20 bucks a year i just renewed my account for 5 years.

wriken
10-30-2002, 09:48 AM
I just got approved to have a commercial account, did'nt pay anything. I filled out paperwork to let them know what I was going to use it it, ca'nt resell it, only for personel use.

The Mowerdude
10-30-2002, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by wriken
I just got approved to have a commercial account, did'nt pay anything. I filled out paperwork to let them know what I was going to use it it, ca'nt resell it, only for personel use.

Yes, I went and checked. I have the exact same arrangement. But "personal" use means for my business.

Brickman
10-30-2002, 11:40 AM
As far as I know I do not have to pay for any thing more than the oil. Personal use only. I can give it away for a gift, but not resell it.

bluemoon
10-30-2002, 03:05 PM
Thanks to everyone,
Overall it sounds like a good product line. I might give it a try.
Thanks again!!
Bluemoon