PDA

View Full Version : Engine Died

coocoobird
08-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Hey all basically i have a Husqvarna cz4817 with a Kohler CV490s Motor. The engine made a clunk and died. I tore the engine down and found the piston rod had shattered. It did no other damage luckily. So i ordered a new rod for the engine that will be here in a few days. I was wondering if there is a timing procedure i would have to do on it. This is my first time being inside a mower engine as i am use to building car engines. Thanks for the help!

Aled Owen
08-07-2011, 07:45 PM
If you've had experience rebuilding car engines then a mower engine should be no suprised. Unless you've taken the timing gears out of the crankcase there shouldn't be any need to do any timing procedures. If you only taken the conrod out and that's all then all you need to do is put in the new one.

coocoobird
08-07-2011, 08:50 PM
If you've had experience rebuilding car engines then a mower engine should be no suprised. Unless you've taken the timing gears out of the crankcase there shouldn't be any need to do any timing procedures. If you only taken the conrod out and that's all then all you need to do is put in the new one.

Thanks for the info! thats what i needed to know. :cool2: