PDA

View Full Version : Gutters

bulhead19
08-08-2011, 01:10 AM
What do you guys charge to clean gutters? An average residential house. I'm thinking about statring that service and was just curious how the money was...Thanks for the input

ATLandcare
08-08-2011, 03:08 AM
I really don't have a system....one house takes me 15 minutes and I charge $75, another takes just over 2 hours and is 4 stories and I charge $300. Guess I need to get a system as well haha. Pays super good as far as I'm concerned.

McFarland_Lawn_Care
08-08-2011, 03:35 AM
I tried it out a little last year - think we tried $1.00 per linear ft with one and 2 story houses only. Good luck!!

fireman gus
08-08-2011, 09:34 AM
Our price has been $1.00 per linear foot. Sometimes that is good and other times we should have charged more.

topsites
08-08-2011, 11:18 AM
First you need a decent ladder, and quite possibly a ladder rack.
I'd start with a 16 to 20 foot one and get up on some single story houses, see how you like that.
Because it's not that easy, gutters always look all fine and dandy from the ground, story about
changes when folks see things from 30 feet up in the air thou so I'd start down low.

I've been working my way UP for a number of years, still a lot of houses I'm too scared to do.

topsites
08-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Oh, one more thing...
Don't go UP unless someone is with you that stays on the ground or you have your cell phone on your person.

Big Wes
08-08-2011, 06:39 PM
I'll do single story homes with not a lot of pitch to the roof I charge $30.00 extra and do the work with a back pack blower and one of those grabber things. Walk the perimeter of the house Blow the crap out the gutters, then blow the mess off shrubs, decks and walkways onto the lawn. Then mow the property.

btw: I'm cheap at $30. I should probably charge $50. oh well!

Patriot Services
08-11-2011, 06:18 PM
I'll do single story homes with not a lot of pitch to the roof I charge $30.00 extra and do the work with a back pack blower and one of those grabber things. Walk the perimeter of the house Blow the crap out the gutters, then blow the mess off shrubs, decks and walkways onto the lawn. Then mow the property.

btw: I'm cheap at $30. I should probably charge $50. oh well!

I do the exact same procedure. I just charge 5 times more!! It's work most CAN'T do themselves. Charge for it. It usually leads to a full time mowing account when they see how nice the yard looks with a pro cut.:usflag:

rywnygc
08-11-2011, 09:50 PM
I do the exact same procedure. I just charge 5 times more!! It's work most CAN'T do themselves. Charge for it. It usually leads to a full time mowing account when they see how nice the yard looks with a pro cut.:usflag:

I think I agree with nearly everyone of your posts.

I use the same procedure, and I love gutters....it's a license to print money.