PDA

View Full Version : Echo Defective Power Module Information

theschreib
08-08-2011, 03:43 PM
I had issues with my Echo PAS-265 starting but cutting out when going past half speed. Talking to my local dealer he suggested checking the usual, carburetor, spark plug, key which drives the fly wheel and the gap between the flywheel and the ignition coil. After running through all of these I still had the problem. I took it into the dealer and he was kind enough to switch the coil out with a used one that was lying around. It started and ran perfectly. Iíve heard these coils have a built in firing slope to advance the spark, which could have been defective or it just broke down after a certain speed. In either case the coil still worked but would not run past half speed. I even had two different spark checkers but you could not detect the loss of spark at higher speeds. The coil is now on order under factory warranty and I will be happy to install it.

Thanks,

ed2hess
08-08-2011, 06:11 PM
Did you pull the plastic caps off the high and low needles and try adjusting those?

theschreib
08-09-2011, 11:54 AM
My carb does not have the low and high speed adjustments plus I went so far as to replace the carb without it solving the problem. I did this because everyone said it most likely is not the ignition coil.

ed2hess
08-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Sadly it probably does have both low and high since all 8 of the 265 units we have do. We don't have the PAS but have trimmers. Better figure out how to find and undercover them you will need them long term