PDA

View Full Version : Redmax EB7000 hard to start and won't run full throttle

Fubba
08-08-2011, 02:47 PM
Takes 7-8 pulls every time you try to crank it on choke when cold, or without choke when hot. Once it cranks, it will achieve full throttle for about a second, then it starts to slow. It runs at about what seems like half to 3/4 throttle with the carb at full throttle. It will run like this for about 10 seconds, and then it shuts off and won't crank again unless it sits for about 5 minutes. Any ideas? The carb gasket is slightly torn when I took the carb off to clean it, but I tightened it down really tight. Is this the problem? If not, what else could it be? I'm unfamiliar with Redmax problems. This is a friend's blower.

Fubba
08-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Bumping.

EB7001 btw

scrapn
08-11-2011, 05:45 PM
Get a new engine coil for it.

dutch1
08-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Fubba, check your PM.

RickyDL77
08-12-2011, 01:16 PM
sounds fuel related, I would start with the cheapest first, replace fuel filter and fuel lines since it is an old model. check fuel cap, make sure it vents. You say the carb was tightened extra tight? make sure that the plastic insulator between the carb and cylinder has no cracks. Replace both gaskets to be sure. I would start with those things and dig deeper once they are determined to be good.