PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Belt-Driven Pump for a Lesco Sprayer

bobcrane
08-08-2011, 11:38 PM
A friend of mine asked me to hunt down a replacement pump for his Lesco sprayer/application equipment (the unit you stand on that does dry and liquid applications).

The original unit is a FloJet 03121X34B. I can't find this model number listed anywhere.

It's 1.8 GPM, 1800 RPM with a 40 PSI max. I've seen several models identical in most specs but they are all 12v. This pump is belt driven.

Any ideas on replacements? I'd like to stick with belt driven as it seems that would reduce the number of modifications.

I've taken the original apart and just think it needs a good cleaning. But I'm sure he's going to want a backup on the very good chance I'm wrong. :-)

Thanks!

Bob

ted putnam
08-09-2011, 09:07 AM
If it's a belt driven pump on a spreader/sprayer, it is more than likely a part that can only be obtained from the original manufacturer of the machine. They make "exclusive" deals with part manufacturers all the time. I ran into this several times with my PG Ultra. Good Luck.

Ric
08-09-2011, 09:31 AM
If it's a belt driven pump on a spreader/sprayer, it is more than likely a part that can only be obtained from the original manufacturer of the machine. They make "exclusive" deals with part manufacturers all the time. I ran into this several times with my PG Ultra. Good Luck.

Ted

The Electric Broadcast Motor on a Lesco Truckster is a perfect example of Proprietary control over parts. The Dam things go bad quick and Lesco is the only place to can purchase them. They cost half the price of a new spreader. I paid $ 300 for brake slave cylinder that was worth $ 30 because it was a Toro and the list goes on.

Bob

Sorry I can't picture what type of pump you have.

RigglePLC
08-09-2011, 11:25 AM
Stand up Lesco sprayer? Not familiar with that. Do you mean a Permagreen Magnum? If you have a battery, the electric is not so bad, costs about 50 to 80 dollars at TSC stores. If you like belt drive, then you could consider a Hypro roller pump.
http://www.sprayerdepot.com/items.asp?Cc=ROL&iTpStatus=1&Tp=&Bc=&gclid=COO_-6rCwqoCFWgCQAodUGBc6g

ted putnam
08-09-2011, 06:13 PM
Just a for instance. The Ultra I had used a right angle gear box to drive the impeller. In time it would get fert inside that would destroy the "pot" metel gears. I got the manufacturer name and model# and tried without success to find it online. I found the manufacturer and you could purchase all kinds of gear boxes except the model# of that particular one. The machine would not spread fert without it and the last one I bought 2-3 yrs ago was $220. I'll bet they didn't have $15 in the part. If I were a betting man, I'd bet that new belt driven Delevan pump the T-3000 has on it is the same way. To the OP. The only other ride-on I can think of that has a belt driven pump on the market today is the PG Triumph(I wouldn't swear it is belt driven but I'm thinking it is.) Name the machine and someone might be able to help you.

RigglePLC
08-09-2011, 10:25 PM
I am thinking the belt driven pumps on the Magnum and Triumph made by Permagreen are set up to run all the time even when you are not spraying. Correct me if I am wrong. So be careful to keep some water in it at all times or buy a pump that can take dry-run without damage.
here is one for $10 http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&xhr=t&q=electric+drill+pump&cp=19&biw=1024&bih=595&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&wrapid=tljp1312943052046018&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=5484351789914789954&sa=X&ei=3OtBTr6zA-bksQKxjKnDCQ&sqi=2&ved=0CE8Q8wIwAQ#

bobcrane
08-11-2011, 10:26 PM
I did confirm this is a Permagreen Magnum. The pump is a standard diaphragm pump you see put out by FloJet and ShurFlo. The difference being instead of a 12 v pump it is a mechanically driven pump with a shaft and pulley on one end.

The system is not always on. I believe the left trigger is for engine throttle and the right trigger is to turn the pump on and off. He can run it wide open while spraying, kill it to cross the driveway, and kick it on the other side.

If he decides to save a few $$$ and buy a 12v is it as simple as finding a shorter belt and connecting 12v with a switch? Or should there be a regulator of some type to help control things?

Thanks for all help thus far.

RigglePLC
08-11-2011, 11:15 PM
i think you are going to have to bite the bullet and pay the big bucks. I don't think the Magnum has any battery or electrics.
The small Hypro pump at about $101 is a possibility--but you would have to build your own mounting bracket, and add a pulley.
http://www.sprayerdepot.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=4101CA&eq=&Tp=