PDA

View Full Version : Tire track in yard , Please help !

Tree Hugger
08-09-2011, 06:10 PM
I have one acoount with floratam grass that no matter what i do there are always tire track ruts.
I have swithed my mowing direction several times and now there are areas where the grass is not growing.
I have mowed slow to prevent the tires from ripping the grass and i have cut on a angle.
I cut serveral on the same block and this is the only yard that has this problem
Could it be my tires? Chemicals on the grass ?

Thanks for your help !!!

unkownfl
08-09-2011, 10:37 PM
I vote fungus. Please include pictures.

vencops
08-09-2011, 11:43 PM
How hot is it when you mow? Drought area? Irrigated lawn? Other lawns irrigated?

Landscape Poet
08-10-2011, 08:23 AM
Several things can affect this, like others have said drought or disease stresses on the turf. I just visited a property yesterday where the tracks were seen through the whole lawn. The turf was short and nubby and looked like it was trying to grow but could not. By the size of the tracks I am guessing that it was a 60 inch or larger Z turn. The home owner also told me the guy the guy that cuts their lawn is well above 350lbs. I got down and started feeling the turf in the tire marks, it was tougher than hell when compared to the soil below the areas where the turf was growing well. I am not a big fan of aeration on our sandy soils as much as Massey and some other companies would like to sell it to you, but in this case I am guessing that it might do some good, we will see.

South Florida Lawns
08-10-2011, 07:20 PM
I have one yard with nasty tracks from a multiple of things going on. Too much water, poor drainage and over fertilization.

No matter what mower we use or what new pattern we take ruts form during summer months. Account ends up turning out all right and customers are still happy.

RigglePLC
08-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Is it too wet? Very soft organic soil? This would show tire tracks of heavy equipment.

Landscape Poet
08-11-2011, 07:57 PM
Is it too wet? Very soft organic soil? This would show tire tracks of heavy equipment.

Doubtful if the OP is in florida, and I am guessing he is since he placed this is the FLorida forum. Our OM% is very low even inland in CFL.

CkLandscapingOrlando
08-16-2011, 05:49 AM
Could be wet and soft but that would show ruts. If's just plain missing turf most times it seems it's lack of water