PDA

View Full Version : what would yall guys do

Mowwithhustler's
10-28-2002, 05:04 PM
well this morning i got a call from a plant that is near my house well, any ways they wont me to sign a 2 year contract with them mow once every 2 weeks keep the place looking good its about 43 acres that it all sets on but only 6 acres af mowing i told them 3000 a month is that 2 muck bacase they said taht they wanted me to do it i mena i keep the place looking good

LAWNS AND MOWER
10-28-2002, 05:26 PM
Assuming you can mow 1 acre/per hour, this would come out to $250/hour. Sounds like a no-brainer. E-mail me if you don't want the job.

LAWNS AND MOWER

PS Do you have spel chek???!!!!

Ryan Lightning
10-28-2002, 05:33 PM
For $3000 a month Ill move from CA to do the job, and Ill mow it every week! :eek:

kppurn
10-28-2002, 05:37 PM
:dizzy:

At least there probably won't be any women sunbathing at the plant.

Wouldn't want to see you mess up another mower deck.:nono:
:D

65hoss
10-28-2002, 05:46 PM
If they want it looking good, why on every 2 weeks?

LAWNS AND MOWER
10-28-2002, 05:49 PM
Give the account to your buddy LAWNS AND MOWER

Runner
10-28-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Mowwithhustler's
well this morning i got a call from a plant that is near my house well, any they wont me to sign a 2 year contract with them ways mow once every 2 weeks keep the place looking good its about 43 acres that it all sets on but only 6 acres af mowing i told them 3000 a month is that 2 muck bacase they said taht they wanted me to do it i mena i keep the place looking good

Runner
10-28-2002, 07:30 PM
With as vague as all your info was in your post, I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I smell trouble. First, THEY want you to sign a 2 year contract, that's not bad in itself, but when combined with some some of the other, could be. If this place sits on 43 acres, and only 6 of it is mowed, what is the OTHER 37 acres. (Please don't give me a generic answer of "parking lot"). What you're telling us, is that you are cutting 12 acres of grass a month for 250 bucks an acre. This just doesn't happen. You then say "This mena you keepa the placa looking good." Well, what all does that entail? Yo8u beter know exactly what these peoples' expectations are beFORE you get into this! They'll be knitpicking you for a couple of stones in their drive approach if you don't. If these people are so eager and willing to pay this ridiculous amount of money, then why do they only want it every 2 weeks? Makes no sense. You say you told them 3000 a month. Was this in writing? If it was, are you sure the copy they got didn't say 300 a month? That's a little closer to what these "industrial" type thing like paying. Like I say, There's got to be a misunderstanding somewhere.

LAWNGODFATHER
10-28-2002, 08:26 PM
Is this the topless sunbathers father/brother/boyfiend that you had this conversation with?

BTW what is happening with your mower, I mena you wrecked mower?

Did you go back and repair the damaged tree?

He did say it only has 6 acres of mowing, so just maybe he has to trim a lot by hand.

lawnworker
10-28-2002, 08:27 PM
42 acres and only 6 acres of grass, whats the rest, parking lot? Yes, it sounds like a great deal at 1500.00 per visit. "they said taht they wanted me to do it i mena i keep the place looking good " Whats this mean? Did they agree to your price or have they just expressed interest in you providing service? Let us know.

MacLawnCo
10-28-2002, 08:28 PM
Why would a chick be sun bathing, let alone topless in 50 degree weather in New York? I dont buy your story or anything you say. Dont lies to try to impress us. It just ticks us all off more for you wasting our time.

Brickman
10-28-2002, 08:37 PM
I know my eyes aint the best, but I can't see anything about nekid chicks in his post. And I looked twice.
After Ford trucks, nekid chicks RULE.

Mow&Snow
10-28-2002, 09:15 PM
Priorities man. I think u might need to rethink them. Trucks over naked chicks? Hmmmm.....

As for this thread, this is the third post I've read from this guy. Am I alone here wondering why the syntax is so poor? Is he trying to be cute? Funny?

If english is a second language for him then disregard any implied flame, otherwise this fella needs to either slow down and write comprehensable posts, or - well I don't know an or.

As for the question, I find it hard to believe 3k for 6 simple acres. Unless these 6 acres a all 2000 sqft blocks all spread over the entire complex....

Tom

MacLawnCo
10-28-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Brickman
I know my eyes aint the best, but I can't see anything about nekid chicks in his post. And I looked twice.

I am refering to a post he made about ruining a deck on a super z while he was gazing at a topless lady. I cant find the post or i would let yall have a link. Now you may be able to understand my last reply.

Mowwithhustler's
10-28-2002, 09:35 PM
Ok i was just picking with yall fellors to see what yall would say to this dumb as* thread well the real question is that this place is, well about 43 acres the plant/parkinglot takes up baout 30 acres and the other 13 is mowing the wont to set up a 2 year contract i do all the beds- pinestaw just like 2 200 yrd rows of lea land cypresis anthe intence bed which contains shore junipers and like 3 craig mertiels on each side only the frony bed has to be kept looking goo not notch weedeating what would yall price it.

MacLawnCo
10-28-2002, 09:36 PM
LEARN TO PUNCTUATE YOUR POSTS!!!

lawnworker
10-28-2002, 09:45 PM
I don't know what to say; this tread is worthless.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Mow&Snow
10-28-2002, 09:58 PM
Ya they seem to get worse with time too....

cantoo
10-28-2002, 10:02 PM
Mowwithhustler's, you also have a typo on your profile, there is a 1 in front of the 8

Runner
10-28-2002, 10:07 PM
So now we went from 6 acres to 13 acres...:rolleyes: Just a little difference, there. Is THIS every 2 weeks, too? I'd be more concerned with the "30" acres of parking lot, myself. That sounds like one heck of a plowing contract! Don't take this the wrong way or anything, but with what you are showing you know about this industry, and the way you are going about it, I think your best bet, would be to just go inside and ask for an application of employment, put it in, and hope they call you for a job. Your best bet would be to just work for someone in the industyr for a few years, learn the ropes, THEN worry about Shortcuts, SuperZ's and all that stuff.:dizzy:

kppurn
10-28-2002, 10:08 PM
:help:
Make up your mind. First it's six acres and now it's thirteen.
Is this even legit?

The Mowerdude
10-28-2002, 11:02 PM
How could it be legit?

What we have here is a WANNABE LCO. He thinks maybe it would be cool to mow lawns for a living when he's old enough, but in the meantime he's pretending. However he doesn't have enough knowledge to even fake it. In our zeal to help a new guy out, we unwittingly play his little game.

Here's the real problem though. We all get real irritated and then we don't help the next new guy even when the next one really is legit.

Bob Minney
10-28-2002, 11:19 PM

I was thinking several nekid chicks in a truck would be the best

Brickman
10-28-2002, 11:26 PM
I would have to agree. Several is good.

Minney I got the response I was lookin for out of Mow&Snow. :D :D :D

Darb
10-28-2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Mow&Snow

As for this thread, this is the third post I've read from this guy. Am I alone here wondering why the syntax is so poor? Is he trying to be cute? Funny?

Tom

I am with you on this! The lack of proper spelling and syntax make this thread really impossible to understand. I give up.
Darb

Mow&Snow
10-29-2002, 12:12 AM
I would have to agree. Several is good.

Minney I got the response I was lookin for out of Mow&Snow. :D :D :D

I love when people push my special buttons. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.:angel:

Jimbo
10-29-2002, 12:13 AM
This guy makes people from the south seem dumb. Yall agree?

Im goin down to bobby joes to fish in the crick..ya unto?

Brickman
10-29-2002, 12:15 AM
This post proves why kids should not drop out of school. They need to learn how to spell.

Mow&Snow glad I could help you out with the fuzzy feelin. :D

skrats
10-29-2002, 12:19 AM
i was thinking that maybe "keep it looking good" means trimming of bushes etc., snowplowing, and maybe muclching around landscape.

Darb
10-29-2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Jimbo
This guy makes people from the south seem dumb. Yall agree?

Im goin down to bobby joes to fish in the crick..ya unto?

Well, how do you know he is from the South? Did you assume that he was? Just be careful when you "assume" something.
Darb

Bob Minney
10-29-2002, 02:26 AM
zip 28465
=Oak Island NC
Pretty sure thats the south-
But you're right, we have to assume that part isn't made up also.
Besides it isn't just southerners, its anybody west of the Rockies or east of the Mississippi;) I know latitudes come into play also, but they aren't handy right now so I leave whoever else that should be included to your imagination and/or discretion. Keep in mind if I ever move, allowances will be made.

LAWNGODFATHER
10-29-2002, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by Bob Minney
zip 28465
=Oak Island NC

Green Paturs checked it out a few threads back.

Sad he is from the east coast, makes the south look real bad.

Maybe he knows Clinton.