PDA

View Full Version : Mixing spreader sticker directly in the concentrate.

HenryB
08-10-2011, 12:41 AM
Title says it all. Why not just add surfactant right into Trimec, Triplet etc then mix in water? Roundup Pro does it.

ArizPestWeed
08-10-2011, 01:41 AM
I have done this , works for me

vencops
08-10-2011, 08:23 AM
Just off the top of my head.....I'm assuming you're talking about storing this (for whatever period of time)????

If you're talking about mixing more of the two together than I'm going to use in a single tank, I wouldn't do it. I'd be afraid the two wouldn't mix well, together (sans water or label-directed dilutant) and I'd get a "hot" (or weak) mix.

Why would you want to do this? Just curious.

HenryB
08-10-2011, 09:20 AM
To clarify my question;I meant example: buy a gallon of Trimec and just add 6oz of surfactant right into concentrate instead of to sprayer after trimec is added to water.

White Gardens
08-10-2011, 09:37 AM
The problem I see is what Vencops stated.

When you get hot or cool temps then you can't tweak your mix accordingly for turf conditions.

RU can do it because it's a complete killer, it doesn't matter as long as the weeds die.

RigglePLC
08-10-2011, 03:57 PM
Some herbicides have a mild sticker added at the factory. But they mix for average conditions. They cannot predict what grass, what weed, low or high volume, what temperature, how much foam occurs and what water you will be using. This gives you the chance to add a cheap or high-price surfactant according to your needs and opinion.

McFarland_Lawn_Care
08-14-2011, 10:10 PM
Sorry, this is a little off topic from the original question, but has anyone ever tried or thought of trying d-limonene or citrus oil as a surfactant? I ordered some and going to run some tests on my own lawn. It would smell nicer too =D.

mikesturf
08-18-2011, 12:34 AM
I wouldn't do it. Spreaders/stickers and herbicides may have different densities and you may have 2 phases of liquid.