PDA

View Full Version : Generac gtv990 governor let loose

anixon92
08-10-2011, 09:07 PM
trying to help friend out.
generac gtv990 ohvi model 005057-0 motor on a bobcat.
2 weeks ago the engine when wide open. he took it to a shop and they said governor was shot and need replacing. they replaced all the governor stuff.
he mower with it for about 8 hours and did same thing throttle wide open. when to shop and shop told him governor let loose, but this time you need to replace motor because the shaft is press in the block and it cann't be press back in again.
has any body heard or had this trouble.
i told him the name generac motor was junk to me.
thanks
allen

anixon92
08-10-2011, 09:48 PM
what would cause governor to let loose.

topsites
08-10-2011, 09:54 PM
Generacs are not junk and they are not motors,
here's your manual, not particularly in a mood to help further:
http://www.oscar-wilson.com/manuals/generac/0f6887.pdf

Restrorob
08-10-2011, 10:46 PM
what would cause governor to let loose.

IMO, The Imbecile that tried to "work" on it.....Your buddy needs to find someplace else to work on his equipment.

And Allen, I have to agree with Tops..... It doesn't matter what brand a engine is, It's failure in most all cases trickle back to lack of/improper maintenance and or operator error.....

Someone Quick...... Hide this thread from Slapper !!! :laugh:

anixon92
08-10-2011, 11:07 PM
it could be from improper maintenance but this guy is always changing oil,filter,air cleaner all the time because i have seen him doing it.
we were just wanting to know what may cause it.

piston slapper
08-11-2011, 09:59 AM
IMO, The Imbecile that tried to "work" on it.....Your buddy needs to find someplace else to work on his equipment.

And Allen, I have to agree with Tops..... It doesn't matter what brand a engine is, It's failure in most all cases trickle back to lack of/improper maintenance and or operator error.....

Someone Quick...... Hide this thread from Slapper !!! :laugh:

C'MON....Rob.....
They're all just motors....I mean engines...Topper
While my opinions are well known about Generac's, there are alot of mowers out there running that dont care what I think. I never use the word "Imbecile" because Im never quite sure how to spell it.:confused:

Find a mechanic that can look past the inferior design and just fix it...

anixon92
08-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Well he got a new motor out of it under warranty. Runs great now.
Thanks so much for all the great support on the world wide web like all sites..........................