PDA

View Full Version : Slow here in MA

dmk395
10-28-2002, 07:45 PM
Business is slow as heck here, much slower than usual. Seems the leaves are hanging onto the trees longer and multiple nights of frost have kept the lawn stagnant. All my applications are done, keeping guys busy with splitting firewood....woopdeedoo! Anyone else experiencing this

dfor
10-28-2002, 07:53 PM
I have noticed the same thing here. A lot slower than last year. At this time last year I was just starting with some leaves. Another week or two and it will get busy again.

MLI
10-28-2002, 08:06 PM
DMK...you splitting for next year now? or are you selling seasoned wood now? Just curious how youre making out...im interested in firewood sales in this area. I have run some figures and it seems profitable for the down time. Shed some light..lol

dlandscaping
10-28-2002, 08:19 PM
I am almost at a stand still here in central mass. Seed didnt take, aerator broke down, and leaves still on trees what am i to do? O well look forward to next season.

dmk395
10-28-2002, 08:37 PM
Firewood is a waste except to keep guys busy, unless you have a large lot, dump truck, and loader, where you can order large quantities of green wood, already cut and split, whereby you act solely as the middle man.

MOW ED
10-28-2002, 08:47 PM
Its slow here too and I am thankful because I had a ton of rain last week. I had a chance to build a 10X12 storage shed for the off season toys.

Next week will swamp us.

ksland
10-28-2002, 08:50 PM
I forgot what my phone ringer sounds like, oh yea thats right the damn telemarketers remind me all the time. Yes, very slow right now but usually just when I think its really slow and somethings wrong it picks up.