PDA

View Full Version : Tenacity - Opinions or Feedback?

HenryB
08-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Looking for feedback on Tenacity. I want a product that will cover Broadleaf, Crabgrass, and Nutsedge.

Miles4767
08-11-2011, 10:03 PM
i have been trying it out this year mostly for spot treating, using sticker makes a big difference. a lot depends on temperature and all that, but the thing i noticed is that usually will take a second treatment to totally control everything. had a few customers call and say that everything turned white but then the weeds started coming back. but overall i think it does a great job, had some really good results with violets and ground ivy. and for 50 bucks being able to do an acre for a blanket spray is alright, but i would stick with spot treating, unless you are trying to take out bentgrass.

HenryB
08-14-2011, 08:22 AM
Anyone else?

JWTurfguy
08-14-2011, 02:17 PM
I'm having a hard time seeing the value of a product that's being marketed to save you steps by controlling several weeds with one application, knowing that you actually have to make repeated apps for the product to actually work. By the time you've finally killed the weeds, how exactly did you save time or money?

Why not just stick with products that you know will get the job done?

Just my opinion, and I'll admit, that's without ever having used the product, so if anyone out there has been successful with Tenacity on mature weeds without several repeat apps, please let us know. From what I've read so far, the only thing tenacious about Tenacity is the applicator who keeps going back every 3 weeks and re-spraying....

71ragtopgoat
08-27-2011, 05:02 PM
I used it on POA and so far so good. You can over seed the treated areas between applications. Yes you do need three apps but it kills off the regrowth on the second and any seeds that germinate on the third so my hope would be nothing left but grass and seen for fall over seeding. I cant think of anything that gets rid of POA like this stuff.

jsala
08-28-2011, 07:09 PM
I had a bad infestation of crabgrass on my very large yard here in W. PA. I used Tenacity (w Nu Film) about 10 days ago. After day 6 all the treated weeds (crabgrass, clover, etc) had turned white. The crabgrass really got hammered but now it seems to not be getting any worse. I plan to hit it again by this weekend. I think that should knock it down for good. I must admit I was very pleasantly surprised at the initial results. The crabgrass was very mature and it was not an optimal time to treat.

Greenfoot
08-28-2011, 08:26 PM
Used it on nutsedge alone, didn't do much. Mixed it with Dismiss, holy beep one day knock down and totally brown (not white) in three days. Also wiped out the crabgrass to my surprise so I started using it everywhere. Think Im onto something good.

ohiolawnguy928
08-29-2011, 02:20 PM
The only thing I dont like about Tenacity is how it turns crabgrass white. Can get homeowners concerned and waste my time on the phone. Has anyone else had that problem? I have heard that mixing it with tryclopyr will kill at the same rate without the white discoloration. Anyone with any experience with that? Ive done no tests.

fl-landscapes
08-29-2011, 05:47 PM
The only thing I dont like about Tenacity is how it turns crabgrass white. Can get homeowners concerned and waste my time on the phone. Has anyone else had that problem? I have heard that mixing it with tryclopyr will kill at the same rate without the white discoloration. Anyone with any experience with that? Ive done no tests.

Maybe on your leave behind you could mention the grassy weeds will turn white and not to worry because it is normal, just a thought.

greendoctor
08-29-2011, 05:55 PM
As if white is worse than purple or brown. Syngenta really held back on allowing Tenacity usage on residential turf sites because of the whitening. I think this is all about client education. Some of my treatments will make weeds turn brown in 24-48 hours while leaving the desirable turf unchanged. But I never get a nervous phone call or E-Mail because they were previously advised that is what was going to happen.

fl-landscapes
08-29-2011, 07:08 PM
As if white is worse than purple or brown. Syngenta really held back on allowing Tenacity usage on residential turf sites because of the whitening. I think this is all about client education. Some of my treatments will make weeds turn brown in 24-48 hours while leaving the desirable turf unchanged. But I never get a nervous phone call or E-Mail because they were previously advised that is what was going to happen.

Sort of what I was getting at.
Posted via Mobile Device