PDA

View Full Version : check this trailer out

Boycea
10-28-2002, 11:49 PM
Check this set up for sale on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=1780446119

greenman
10-29-2002, 12:28 AM
How does that trailer work? Never seen one quite like that one.

P&J Lawncare
10-29-2002, 01:02 AM
There was one like that at the expo but the one at the expo was even better than that. I forget the price but it was alot more than $14,000.

Ryan Lightning
10-29-2002, 01:10 AM
It looks like a poor design with the wheels split like that? And do really need a goose neck with a trailer that small? (about 12.5) The hydralic door is a over kill and probally slow.
But I bet the Walker owners out there would love something like it.

Barkleymut
10-29-2002, 06:03 AM
Take note all you rookie lawnboys. The reason that trailer is on EBAY is because the owner is now out of business. Why you ask? Because he spent $20,000 on a freakin trailer! My truck new in 98 cost about $18K. That trailer has got to be the worst investment ever. :dizzy: Me thinks someone out there in Arizona was getting into that peote when they bought that modern miracle in trailer technology.

ksland
10-29-2002, 09:30 AM
Seems like a cool trailer but thats a lot of wonga!:dizzy:

walker-talker
10-29-2002, 10:05 AM
Doesn't seem like it would hold a whole lot of clippings. Not much mower space either. For less half that money you could buy a new 16ft trailer, grain truck with hoist, and nice leaf vacumn. On top of that, make less trips to the dump.

MATT

Randy Scott
10-29-2002, 10:20 AM
You guys should check this site out. www.dumpandgo.com
I want to add a cabover truck next season for a dedicated mowing crew and have been considering a unit like this. It's a little pricey but would make cleanups and clippings a little easier to deal with. I am tired of the truck and trailer for mowing. It's hard to access some properties the bigger I get. This truck would be dedicated to mowing or cleanup work only so I'm not concerned about it for anything else.

Guido
10-29-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Barkleymut
Take note all you rookie lawnboys. The reason that trailer is on EBAY is because the owner is now out of business. Why you ask? Because he spent $20,000 on a freakin trailer!

My thoughts exactly!! ;)

Guido
10-29-2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Randy Scott
You guys should check this site out. www.dumpandgo.com

Definetly looks like a good idea for a cabover IF its being used for an all mowing crew. I like it alot.......no more lifting full grass catchers, etc.

Looks like a good product.

nlminc
10-29-2002, 11:37 AM
Randy,
How much is this truck and set up selling for?

Chris

SCAPEASAURUSREX
10-29-2002, 06:32 PM
Huh ! Very interesting trailer.. Never seen anything quite like it .. Looks like too many hydraulic things to deal with, service and repair, It's like a skid steer for grass clippings...and at $20K , I'll stick to humping barrels into the back of the dump..... Barrels are only $40 bucks each and the back support is another $40 bucks.. LOL...

Tvov
10-29-2002, 06:44 PM
Very few landscapers in my area collect grass, and those that do only do it for a few select customers. I stopped collecting grass at least 10 years ago.

As far as I can tell, rigs like that trailer and the "dump and go" would have no market in my area.

Seems like a lot of money for, well, nothing. But, I guess somebody out there wanted at least one!

King City Lawns
10-29-2002, 07:10 PM
A guy in my town got one last Thursday, very nice. It is the first dumpandgo by unruhfab. They took a long time to build it, but it was perfect. great set-up. tool boxes bui;t in, remnote control. he can sit on the seat of his walker, dump into the hopper, and then go, all he has to do is push the button on his remote, it will dump and then return to the ground for the next load.

only problems i see is size the dump hopper transportws over the bed 12 feet in the air. he really has to watch out for trees and even power lines in some areas. his is mounted on an International 4600 very big

overall nice rig would buy one if i could afford the 14000 price tag.
14000 is the price tag p&j

that is just for the body not the truck.

shawn

Schlepie
10-31-2002, 11:12 AM
Well it's now at $11,500.00 . " well isn't that just grand."

Schlep

Gravely_Man
10-31-2002, 12:56 PM
I do not run any Dixie Choppers but I would go with Richard's advice. I totally close off the discharge on the Gravelys and they do a much better job that way. Let us know how it turns out.

Gravely_Man

Swampbeast
10-31-2002, 01:02 PM
Hey Randy Scott, How much is that DumpandGo truck? Did you say $14000? I like it, it looks like an awesome truck.
12 feet high? Thats no problem for me. Hmmm. I like that, I will definately look deeper into this....
Thanks

:cool:

bluemoon
10-31-2002, 04:20 PM
Boycea and Greenman,
Check out these websites
www.debrissytems.com this company made the trailer you see on e-bay. I think they call it Klipping King also.

www.dumpandgo.com this company started in Scott City, Ks and have merged or sold to a company in Sedgwick, Ks. Sedgwick is close to Wichita and their are lots of Walkers running around Wichita.
Klipping King is out of Nebraska, I think Scottsbluff.
Klipping King dumps like a trash dumpster. The dump and go dumps into big hopper like trash trucks, but to unload debris from truck , it uses a live bottom.
Both I think are pretty slick setups, but are pricey. Both can customize any way you want. Limited only by imagination.
Just FYI.

LAWNGODFATHER
10-31-2002, 05:28 PM
http://ebay0.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_2266a27b8420d50237ffd098dcda882f/i-1.JPG

Hydraulic scoop bucket for transfer into hydraulic operated dump box (6w x 71 x 7h) Hydraulic side door loading ramp for equipment drive in and equipment storage (8w x 82 x 7h). Holds up to three lawnmowers, plus wall hangers for hand tools. Dual axle, goose neck, exterior controls, new tires, used 8 months. Cost new $19,800.00. Financing available $14,000.00 obo. FOB Apache Junction

Holds up to 3 mowers, not anything bigger than 3-21"ers, 2-36" or 2-48"