PDA

View Full Version : Grass gobler extension

Doogiegh
10-28-2002, 11:07 PM
Anyone know where get a grass gobbler (3.3 bushel?) bagger EXTENSION? I think it's called a leaf gobbler and clips onto the grass gobbler to make the bagger larger. Any idea where to get one? Thanks!
Gary

Shady Brook
10-28-2002, 11:38 PM
Replacement Commercial Parta Warehouse
1-800-937-7279 www.RCPW.COM

jAY

BRL
10-29-2002, 02:23 PM
I think Metuchen Mower should be close to you. Since they are a Wright Stander dealer they should have them there. Wright Mfg. makes both the Grass Gobbler catcher & the Leaf Gobbler extension. Good luck.

Scraper
10-29-2002, 03:46 PM
Shadybrook...I've never used that company before...what's your take on them. Are the OEM parts actually from the brand?

AielLandscaping
10-29-2002, 06:13 PM
Doogiegh, when you get one, let me know how much they cost. i want to get one for next year.

Shady Brook
10-29-2002, 08:24 PM
I have ordered from them on numerous occasions, and have had no problems whatsoever. I can not tell you about the quality of filters and such, they seem fine but doubt they are as good as oem. I get my air filters from J Thomas, and oil filters from a local autoparts store. I have had not had any negative experience with this company.

I was just looking at some of my cataloges and noticed that J Thomas 1-800-828-7980 www.j-thomas.com has The Big Daddy Extender that will fit the Jumbo Grass Gobbler and adds 2.5 cubic feet. $79.00

The Leaf Xtender From Replacement Commercial Parts Warehouse is said to add twice as much capacity, ie 3.3 for $88.36. I am assumeing it will fit a Grass Gobbler, but you should clarify before ordering.

The one I have is The Leaf CatchHERR, it doubles the Jumbo 4.4 cubic foot gobbler to an awsome 8.9 cubic foot. It is sold through Mow More 1-800-866-9667 www.mowmore.com. It sells for $134.99 I think it is nearly 3.4 the size of a double bagger attachment.

This one is a monster, and with a full load, you have some serious weight. It is the biggest I have seen, and really does fill quite well. Just eat your wheaties before dumping.

Jay

lsylvain
10-31-2002, 09:52 AM
I don't see how the leaf extender could be worth the extras $100.
why not make your own?

All they are is a box with a latch on one side to hook into the bagger.

I've been trying to find a poly trash can that has about the same dementions as the back of my bagger. I figure I can get a trash can for under $20 Drill some holes in it for air flow and be able to bag 50 gallons of leaves. (assuming I could fill the whole contraption up) Plus it would be a lot lighter.

The problem I have with the gobler is they are so heavy when they get full that my mower starts to lean to one side and cut uneven.