PDA

View Full Version : Help- white film after poly sand

dnc19694339
08-14-2011, 04:19 PM
My crew failed to blow off the pavers after misting the polysand. Now I have a white film over the whole walkway. Customer not happy. Is it possible to remove this white stuff? Any recommendations? techniseal gray sand was used

jonesy5149
08-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Techniseal makes a cleaner....EC Efflorescence Cleaner

Specially formulated to dissolve efflorescence (whitish salt) and remove ground-in dirt (traffic marks, etc.) on pavers, slabs and retaining walls made of concrete. Containing no hydrochloric (muriatic) acid, it works deep without discoloring or damaging the surface. It brightens up the color, cleans evenly and enables PROTECTORS to better penetrate the material. This will take the poly film of the pavers.. I had this problum in the spring with the rain..

scagrider22
08-14-2011, 06:09 PM
If a cleaner doesnt work a hot water presure washer will.

jonesy5149
08-14-2011, 06:13 PM
If a cleaner doesnt work a hot water presure washer will.

You will not need that........ Just take a watering can and fill it with EC and pore it on the pavers and take a broom and walk it around the patio... wash off with hose.. The grass around the patio may die but thats what chemicals will do. have had some die and others not..

scagrider22
08-14-2011, 06:20 PM
You will not need that........ Just take a watering can and fill it with EC and pore it on the pavers and take a broom and walk it around the patio... wash off with hose.. The grass around the patio may die but thats what chemicals will do. have had some die and others not..

So instead of renting a presure washer you would rather piss off the same customer twice by killing the grass? Ive done it both ways, the presure washer is easier.

jonesy5149
08-14-2011, 06:28 PM
So instead of renting a presure washer you would rather piss off the same customer twice by killing the grass? Ive done it both ways, the presure washer is easier.

REALLY.......... It is easier. HAHAAAAHHHAAAA :laugh::laugh: Have you done it both ways then you know that you presser wash it some of the RG+ will come up( the patio sand is just installed) and them you will be doing it again but going back again to put more RG+ in.. also you take the chance you will not get the film off.. But scagrideer is right you may piss the costumer off. Your call on this.

scagrider22
08-14-2011, 06:45 PM
REALLY.......... It is easier. HAHAAAAHHHAAAA :laugh::laugh: Have you done it both ways then you know that you presser wash it some of the RG+ will come up( the patio sand is just installed) and them you will be doing it again but going back again to put more RG+ in.. also you take the chance you will not get the film off.. But scagrideer is right you may piss the costumer off. Your call on this.

Yeah it was alot easier, and if you do it quick and hold the presure washer on the right angle it doesnt remove the poly sand from the cracks at all. If its just a small area then a scrub brush and boiling water also works with no mess at all.

DVS Hardscaper
08-14-2011, 09:40 PM
My crew failed to blow off the pavers after misting the polysand. Now I have a white film over the whole walkway.

We usually blow the sand dust off the pavers before we mist the poly sand. Is this what you meant to say?

AztlanLC
08-15-2011, 06:36 PM
Actually alliance recommends that, blowing the pavers before and after they get misted, I think is an extra step to correct the existing problem they are having with their sand.

we usually don't do that with techniseal and haven't seen any problems.

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
08-16-2011, 07:35 PM
I haven't had this problem, but I just did a patio today and ws surprised to read the new directions on the Alliance bag. I'll find out in the morning if the new procedure works.

Lite4
08-16-2011, 09:55 PM
I haven't had too many problems with the techniseal products. I get more film and haze when I use gator dust on flagstone joints.
Posted via Mobile Device