PDA

View Full Version : swisher

ken e
08-14-2011, 04:44 PM
i have a swisher ztx 60 zero turn, pto for blade runs down battery while cutting, this has been scence new, tried new battery did not work

Restrorob
08-14-2011, 06:01 PM
Take it back to where you bought it and tell them to repair the charging system......

newz7151
08-14-2011, 06:13 PM
or, if it has an hour meter on it, hook it back up!

ken e
08-14-2011, 07:53 PM
out of warrenty, when new i was told charging system fine,have a bigger yard now so the trickle charge i keep on it doesnt last for the whole job,

hour meter works fine.

Restrorob
08-14-2011, 10:19 PM
Well,

If you've had this issue since new obviously the charging system wasn't "fine" or you wouldn't have this issue.

I suggest you find someone willing to repair the system instead of shoving it out the door.....

piston slapper
08-15-2011, 11:01 AM
Well,

If you've had this issue since new obviously the charging system wasn't "fine" or you wouldn't have this issue.

I suggest you find someone willing to repair the system instead of shoving it out the door.....

OBVIOUSLY...I dont see how this thread got this far without some "Motor #'s"

It would take more than a "Zen Buddah" to figure this one out.:confused:

ken e
08-15-2011, 11:48 AM
can't read model & serial # B&S EXTENDED LIFE SERIES V-TWIN 25
XTZ 60 Z MAX

newz7151
08-15-2011, 11:54 AM
can't read model & serial # B&S EXTENDED LIFE SERIES V-TWIN 25
XTZ 60 Z MAX

usually stamped in to a valve cover.. can't read it, wipe the oil and dirt off.

ken e
08-15-2011, 12:04 PM
Thanks valve cover better than decal.
model 44N77 type 0124 E1 code 051129YH

piston slapper
08-15-2011, 04:08 PM
out of warrenty, when new i was told charging system fine,have a bigger yard now so the trickle charge i keep on it doesnt last for the whole job,

hour meter works fine.

Ken....I,m not that familiar with Swisher mowers.....However it is clear that the charging system is not keeping up with the battery. Find someone thats good with electrical troubleshooting. Start by checking the fuses,the battery,and the stator output. Look for any corroded or rusted connections.

If all else fails, buy an extra battery or 2 and keep swapping them.

Jay Ray
08-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Try to get an electrical schematic and see if the Swisher has a bi-directional diode in the PTO coil circuit. If it has the diode (bi-directional), when the diode fully fails there will be continuity through it and it will blow its fuse. On the way to failing it seems to drain the battery (just my opinion).

It could be that a battery that is failing also makes the diode fail. But there seems (to me) to be some kind of a tie between the failing bi-directional diode and the battery.

This is from a non-expert, uncertified rank amateur, but the diode is not that much cost. If the Swisher has one I would replace it and see if it solves the problem. If the battery is nearing two years old or older I would replace that too.

The diode may be called a TVS diode on the schematic, transient voltage supression diode.

Again, these are amateur observations, not from an experienced, certified small engine mechanic.

ken e
08-16-2011, 12:51 PM
will have charging system looked at again

ken e
08-17-2011, 02:11 PM
did a check of charging system, it appears to be the regulator, will know for sure next time i cut the grass.

ken e
08-22-2011, 03:11 PM
fixed it was the regulator