PDA

View Full Version : Customer request..is this going to work?

xtreem3d
08-14-2011, 06:57 PM
I have a new customer who has bad CG and nutsedge that i sprayed this morning (Sun) at 8 am with Q4. The sedge is out of control and tall and the customer requests the grass cut by 8am Mon. Will the Q4 have
any effect on anything being that the grass will be cut just about 24 hours after app?
Steve

vencops
08-14-2011, 07:12 PM
Label says not to mow for 2 days prior to....and to wait 2 days after application. I haven't sprayed this, though. That label spooks me....lol.

xtreem3d
08-14-2011, 07:20 PM
i didn't see that on the label...sorry
it's getting cut anyway and i am getting paid but would like it to work for customer's sake,
Steve

grassmasterswilson
08-14-2011, 07:36 PM
i'd wait as long as you can on monday. best to wait 2 days after spraying on just about anything. You will get some control mowing sooner, but it takes a while for the herbicide to translocate though the plant. put it last on your mowing list.

xtreem3d
08-14-2011, 09:14 PM
Thank you for the reply...that's about what i thought. The problem is this is an office building and they want it "respectable" looking first thing
Steve

RigglePLC
08-14-2011, 09:47 PM
Sulfentrazone is the active ingredient that kills the nutsedge. I think it is fast-acting. Read the label where it says "Foliar contact on emerged weeds [sulfentrazone] causes rapid dessication and necrosis of plant tissues."
I know carfentrazone, which is similar, kills purslane in about 8 hours.

http://www.pbigordon.com/pdfs/Q4-SL.pdf