PDA

View Full Version : Got new trailer, need ideas for storage racks, compartments etc.

lawnagent
10-29-2002, 09:02 AM
Hello everyone. I just got a new trailer, nothing special. Inside dimensions are 6 feet by 12 feet. I want to fix it up a little in the way of weed eater racks, storage compartments, etc. I am looking for a variety of options and opinions so I can see which ones people use and what may suit my needs best. Thanks so much for any advise and pictures in advance.
Robert :blob3:

ksland
10-29-2002, 09:28 AM
I keep making similar requests, I love to see different ideas in action but I dont get anymore pictures than what is already posted here somewhere. Come on guys?

Randy Scott
10-29-2002, 10:06 AM
Open or enclosed trailer?

lawnagent
10-29-2002, 10:09 AM
my trailer is an open. I put a jack on the front and have a storage shed that I can back into and then screw the jack down when done without having to unload for bad weather..

P. Nelson
10-29-2002, 01:47 PM
I built my own weedeater rack and tailgate assist. I used 3/4" steel pipe and some 1" tubing. Total cost was around $22.00 for the weedeater rack . The tailgate assist was made out of some 3" steel tubing a garage door spring, some cable and garage door cable wheel. Again the cost was around $20.00 and some a good bit of labor. Sorry I don't have any pics.

SCAPEASAURUSREX
10-29-2002, 06:35 PM
Not to be dull or anything, but GRIDIRON racks.... www.novaecorp.com

As I have said about 400 times here, they are worth looking into...

Doogiegh
10-29-2002, 07:22 PM
Email me directly at doogiegh@optonline.net.

I'll send you some pictures of what I have done with my trailer that is a 16 foot by 7 foot.

I have a trimmer rack system and love it.

Added a toolbox on the front that I bought from Home Depot for $39.99 and bolted it to the front tongue.

Here's one picture as a sample.

Ryan Lightning
10-29-2002, 07:40 PM
www.landscaperracks.com
www.junglejimsap.com
www.trimmertrap.com
www.mowersulky.com

Mike (MLC)
10-29-2002, 11:34 PM
Here are some pictures of my trailer setup. I personally didn't want to have weedeater racks or a blower rack because I didn't want all of that being exposed to the weather all the time.
http://photos.yahoo.com/dskyzers

rkbrown
10-30-2002, 09:44 AM
Very nice setup, Mike.

lawnagent
10-30-2002, 11:49 PM
This is turning into a really great thread! Thanks to everyone who has helped so far. Lets keep this going. It is of the UTMOST help to anyone halfway new at this.:blob2:

HarryD
10-30-2002, 11:59 PM
doogiegh
im begining to think you have no equipment all of your posts about trailers i see your pics but never your equipment on your trailer . just wondering :confused:

kenneth parsons
10-31-2002, 12:05 AM
I recently visited the Southern Agriculture Expo and Husky had their Isuzu NPR with the lawn care bed. It had the GRIDIRON rack system for stick equipment, hedge trimmers, and blowers. Awesome concept they have. Just replied to reinforce the other post ref this system. It's got locking devices that quite ingenious. I'd get it for myself if I hadn't recently custom built my own all aluminum system.

Doogiegh
10-31-2002, 01:00 AM
My trailer pics - I re-use the same 4 or 5 pics on here over and over cause alot of the questions about trailers, easy gate lifts and trailer racks, etc are repeated often. <G>

I help out lots of new people with these questions when I can. Plus as you know, I had my own questions about this trailer. :)

Kicker is that the pics were on a digital camera, borrowed from mom. Wanted to get pics of the trailer cause that is what I working on at the time.

Never did put the mowers *ON* the trailer to take a picture. <G>

Now mom took the camera back and I don't have a digital one (yet).

So until I update my pics, they remain the same (mower-less).

Actually in my front mounted tool box, I keep a very sharp pair of scissors. HEHEHE. :)

Gary

HarryD
10-31-2002, 03:15 AM
hehe are they 4 inch or 6 inch sissors , i know you can get alot more done with the 6