PDA

View Full Version : exmark for $2000.00

harperservices
10-29-2002, 08:42 AM
Met a dealer that wants to sell a 2002 Exmark for $2000.00 36inch wb. It's a demo he said. Also it is a Exmark Metro with a Kawasaki 12.5 engine.

What do you think? Good deal?

I need a backup/new mower. Mine been in the shop now for a week and they still can't fix it. (John Deer 36inch wb approx 400hrs)

walker-talker
10-29-2002, 08:48 AM
Man, this dealer must just want it out of his way, and fast! That is really a good deal, assuming that being a demo it does not have many hours on it.

Congratulations!!
MATT

geogunn
10-29-2002, 09:02 AM
it seems reasonable but (to me) it is far from a steal.

for 200 more you could get a brand new lesco 48 with 15 KAW with a two year commercial use warranty.

good luck.

GEO

Shady Brook
10-29-2002, 09:26 AM
How many hours? I think those were sold for between $2,000, and 2,400 new, depending on location. Not a steal to me.

Jay

Guido
10-29-2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by walker-talker
Man, this dealer must just want it out of his way, and fast! That is really a good deal

What??

He said 36" w/ 12.5HP, right?

I thought $2K (give or take a c-note) was the price new?

Doesn't sound as good to me.

I'd take Geo's advice and buy a 48" Lesco with a bigger engine (15HP) BRAND NEW for the same money.

Good Luck with your decision though.

harperservices
10-29-2002, 12:23 PM
so far you guys are saying to buy a lesco. Fine but what I am reading about lesco is not good.

true or false. I will buy the 48inch today if I felt good about it.

P&J Lawncare
10-29-2002, 12:49 PM
My dealer has 36 metro's with a 15 kohler new for $2200.

Guido
10-29-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by harperservices
I will buy the 48inch today if I felt good about it.

Print out this thread and bring it to your local Lesco. Tell them Guido sent ya. After they look at you funny and scratch their heads for a while...........ask them if you can loan out a demo to try....if you like it, you'll know. If you don't like it, you'll know.

I'm not pushing Lesco over Exmark. I was always loyal to ExMark (when I could be) but I had aquired a few Lesco's and didn't have any problems with them. I think they're a good machine.

Why I backed up the comment on Lesco was because I wanted you to see you can get a larger deck/engine combo brand new for the same price.

Its worth a drive to your local Lesco dealer to take a look.

geogunn
10-29-2002, 02:17 PM
so far you guys are saying to buy a lesco. Fine but what I am reading about lesco is not good.

true or false. I will buy the 48inch today if I felt good about it.

harper...--I have an older lesco that is tough as nails. whenever something wears out from use I always feel good about replacing it. examples: belts, bushings, pulleys, etc.

when I got the mower the blades were dull, the blade belts slipped and the belt drive pulleys were worn causing the drive belts to slip. I've since adjusted the blade belts, switched to high lift blades and replaced the drive pulleys. NOW ALL IS RIGHT WITH THE WORLD!

I've had this machine six years and it was used when I got it. so far no trouble with transmission or engine, except for two or three electronic ignititon modules. and they might have not been bad.

no tranny problems either. but motor and tranny are old and could blow anytime due to age but they have an incredible number of hours on them.

I grease spindles every day that it's used and the original spindles are still in good shape.

as for frame and front end arms belts and pulleys, I think there is little difference in yesterdays and todays 48 inch belt drive and I don't know of any stronger.

one difference is the safety switch handles which do seem cheaper today.

buy that lesco. I REPEAT...TWO YEAR COMMERCIAL WARRANTY!

GEO

Scotlawncare
10-29-2002, 06:13 PM
Exmark's special pricing for the 36" metro with 15hp Kohler was 2k in my area. a few years ago the special was for the 12.5 kaw. 2k for a demo unit at exmarks special pricing that just ended is too high. 17-1800 yes but not 2k.

If i'm not mistaken that mower retails for 2200-2300 but exmark did have a special on it of 2k for a long time.

offer him 1800 or if you feel like spending the extra 200 for a few hours, then say 2k. I'd add about 300 to it and spend 2300 for a 15hp kaw NEW 03 metro.

Scot

LAWNGODFATHER
10-29-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Guido

Why I backed up the comment on Lesco was because I wanted you to see you can get a larger deck/engine combo brand new for the same price.

Same goes for the Exmark Metro 48"!!!!

What is your dealer's new price for the same machine?

A 36" to a 48" is less than $200 more.

walker-talker
10-29-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by P&J Lawncare
My dealer has 36 metro's with a 15 kohler new for $2200.

How much does your dealer sell the TTHP 36"? My dealer here is new and the ONLY Exmark dealer in this city of 400,000. One of the salesmen had quoted me a price of $3800. I went out and got a loan and went back, not they are saying they made a mistake and the very best he could do was $4400. I saw a dealer up in NJ selling that unit for $4200. I would like to find a demo unit for near that $3800.

Any opinions?
MATT

LAWNGODFATHER
10-29-2002, 08:02 PM
That unit here Matt is $3600 new.

walker-talker
10-29-2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER
That unit here Matt is $3600 new.

Thanks Mike, maybe I need to take a little road trip.

MATT

Mykster
10-29-2002, 09:05 PM
$2350 for that mower brand new around here.

harperservices
10-30-2002, 12:32 AM
I need a primary mower to finish out the year and start next years season.

Looking at a new 36 or a 48 wb.

Is lesco really the Walmart of mowers. It appears to be a split on those who like them vs those who don't.

I am sure you can find fault with all mowers but from past experience, if you buy cheap you get cheap.

I need a mower now! I have seen some lescos out their but more exmarks. More exmark dist. that lesco.

Guido
10-30-2002, 01:01 AM
Is lesco really the Walmart of mowers. if you buy cheap you get cheap.

In my opinion, Lesco is no where near the "Walmart" of mowers. They have quality products that rank up there with the big boys. Thats my personal opinion though. I have more experience with Lesco service then with their mowing products, but I have owned some.

Here's some examples: If your mower goes down for service for more than 1 day, you can take out one of their demo mowers to do your accounts. One time, I saw them go help out a local LCO to catch up on his accounts because his Z went down and didn't have another to loan him out at the time. One of the salesman went out with the owner and 2 48" mowers and knocked out his accounts.

Not bad, huh?

They are #1 in customer service I think. At least go look at them and cruise one around their shop parking lot if nothing else. I don't get paid from Lesco Sales Dept, so head there and let them do their own job on talking you into it.

Also, for the tiny ammount of extra money, I would bump up to the 48" deck unless you'll have a problem fitting it on your accounts.

Again, Good Luck.........STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER!!! GO OUTSIDE......GET IN YOUR TRUCK........Go to Lesco and demo a mower......go to exmark and demo their 48"..........BUY ONE! ;)

I'm a fan of both, but like I said (especially for newer start-ups / back-up mowers) Lesco definetly gives the "big Dogs" a run for their money, especially with price.

LAWNGODFATHER
10-30-2002, 01:23 AM
In my opinion, Lesco is no where near the "Walmart" of mowers. They have quality products that rank up there with the big boys. Thats my personal opinion though. I have more experience with Lesco service then with their mowing products, but I have owned some.

Here's some examples: If your mower goes down for service for more than 1 day, you can take out one of their demo mowers to do your accounts. One time, I saw them go help out a local LCO to catch up on his accounts because his Z went down and didn't have another to loan him out at the time. One of the salesman went out with the owner and 2 48" mowers and knocked out his accounts.

Not bad, huh?

They are #1 in customer service I think. At least go look at them and cruise one around their shop parking lot if nothing else. I don't get paid from Lesco Sales Dept, so head there and let them do their own job on talking you into it.

Also, for the tiny ammount of extra money, I would bump up to the 48" deck unless you'll have a problem fitting it on your accounts.

Again, Good Luck.........STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER!!! GO OUTSIDE......GET IN YOUR TRUCK........Go to Lesco and demo a mower......go to exmark and demo their 48"..........BUY ONE! ;)

I'm a fan of both, but like I said (especially for newer start-ups / back-up mowers) Lesco definetly gives the "big Dogs" a run for their money, especially with price.

Dave I have to leave the rest of your post because it was very good, but must point out that not all dealer and Lesco's give or let you use demos if you mower breaks down.

Guido
10-30-2002, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER
Dave I have to leave the rest of your post because it was very good, but must point out that not all dealer and Lesco's give or let you use demos if you mower breaks down.

More than likely thats true.........but its the same with any manufacturers dealer isn't it?

There are bad lesco dealers, bad ex-mark dealers, bad Scag dealers, etc. I've seen good and bad of all.........Thats the game.

Thats why I told him he's need to go scout it out himself and he'll know which dealer to go with when he was done.

Good point though LGF......you always keep me on my toes! ;)

LAWNGODFATHER
10-30-2002, 02:30 AM
More than likely thats true.........but its the same with any manufacturers dealer isn't it?

he's need to go scout it out himself and he'll know which dealer to go with when he was done.

Good point though LGF......you always keep me on my toes! ;)

#1 very true

#2 always I mena always look and try for yourself

#3 yup

Not every mower will be good or bad for everyone. Some one has to make a good mower every now and then.;)

SLS
10-30-2002, 06:20 AM
WOW! $3600 for a new TTHP 36" up in LGF's neck of the woods? I shoulda made a trip to St. Louis!

I paid $4250 for mine. TTHP 36" w/ ECS and 15 hp. Kawasaki.

I may have to price my next Lazer Z up in LGF country. :D

brucec32
01-24-2003, 02:48 PM
I've seen some dealer "demos" advertised that had hundreds of hours on them (riders with hour meters). Obviously used for more than demonstrations out back of the shop. I think a lot of time these are the mowers than the owners or employees used at their homes or even part time businesses sold as "demos". One salesman told me he used their mowers a lot at home. So really this may well be a used mower, not a demo.

Be sure the one you're offered is really low hours. That price wasn't very low, either, btw. I bought a used Toro proline 36" 12hp for $1,000 about 6 years ago and used it full time one year and as a back up since. It's still going strong. So if a small budget is your problem, Winter is definitely the time to pick up a used model cheap. They will go up in price when the grass is growing.

Lawn Dog2001
01-24-2003, 03:49 PM
Not a bad deal, but not a great one either. I was in the market for a small WB last year. I bought a 36" Metro with a 13hp Kohler on it. I paid $2199 new in March. Haggle with him a little. Tell him you will give him $1800 for that demo, then it would be more worth it. If he declines go with a new Metro.

lawncare3
01-25-2003, 12:05 AM
Here's a price list that I had emailed to me from a lesco rep:

Chris here are the price"s of are mower"s
707201 z-two 48" fab deck 19H/ P $6250.00
707203 z-two 54"23H/ P $6450.00
707207 60" z-two 25H/P $6550.00
703687 36" w/b hydro 15 H/P $3399.00
702430 48"w/b hydro 17 H/ P $ 3499.00
703689 52"hydro w/b 19 H/ P $ 3999.00
707554 48" gear drive w/b 15 H/P $ 2399.00 707552
36" w/b gear drive 14 H/P $2150.00

stevo22
01-25-2003, 12:19 AM
our dealership was selling the metro 15hp 36in fixed for 1999...should have got one i guess..

bob
01-25-2003, 01:11 PM
My friend bought an 02 Exmark 48" belt drive, with a 15 hp Kawasaki for $2499. Your deal sounds normal.

65hoss
01-27-2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by stevo22
our dealership was selling the metro 15hp 36in fixed for 1999...should have got one i guess..

There is one dealer here that still has them. Email me if you really want one.

MTR
01-27-2003, 01:05 PM
Hey Harperservice, you are looking at M3613KA that I own ?
Awesome machine, cut very smooth and beautiful, love this tank! I don't know how easy those Lesco's pistol will be with your arms and hands but the Metro's rocks, attach a sulky and you fly...belt pulleys are simple to adjust tension for sulky pulling, drive & brake linkage are basic to adjust, you won't regret buying it. I got mine last season for $ 1900+ tax, spanking new, not a demo unit, fresh out of crate. It is last unit he had and wanted to clear it out theway. Also keep your eye on M4815KA cause they are about $ 2-350 more.
eXmark is dumping (don't want to use that word) pistol grip in favor of ECS which I am not crazy about, they sell very cheap , so this is good time to buy.
Talking about ECS, it is very good but for another $6-800, I won't, I prefer the old wild west "pistol"

regards,