PDA

View Full Version : limo Biz. New Addition to landscaping??

cuttin-to-the-Max
08-15-2011, 12:39 AM
Well Last week i was at lunch with the guys... And i could help but over hear this guy one table down from us who was with His family(?) and his phone was ringing off the hook. Also we were in a small pizza parlor so it was small and happened to be slow. (My little disclaimer for listening)

So after a couple calls we realized he owned a limo business And was very successful since he said he had 7 runs over 1 weekend. Seems like a Easy business to be in. Has anyone ever been in this business before? or Have any constructive criticism.

I was thinking IF i did it, i would start small then of course if it worked out get bigger.

I would also get one that would be in style for a while like a hummer or kodiak.... Because once they go out of style they are worth...close to nothing

steppe84
08-15-2011, 02:07 AM
I don't have any personal experience with it but a friend of mine has a limo business and is very successful. He does limo's and the whole party bus thing. He is in a larger city I believe that is kind of necessary. I talked to him for a while about it and he advised me if I wanted to start somewhere to try running an "executive taxi". Not sure if you have seen them but it's basically a nice business car, (Lincoln Cadillac etc) working the airports. Its pretty much a taxi for rich business guys who don't want to show up in a yellow cab. Get paid more than taxi and all you need is a permit from the airport and a car. There is even a parking line for the service at the major airports around here.

Will P.C.
08-15-2011, 03:08 AM
I know one guy in the Limo business and he makes good money. I am in metro ATL which covers like 6+ counties so their is a huge market for it here.

I can't imagine someone in a small town being profitable

cuttin-to-the-Max
08-15-2011, 04:19 AM
only problem i see is keeping those vehicles up to date because on ebay i see alot of older style limos cheap like 5k because no one wants to ride in those anymore...

AI Inc
08-15-2011, 07:38 AM
When one is in the limo buss they must own limos. Problem is , there is no money in limos. The money is in sedans doing airoport runs. The more expensive the parking is at the closest airport, the more work one will have. Yes I have a customer who runs a limo buss and we talk a bit.

bohiaa
08-15-2011, 11:31 AM
IT's just like any other business..... I mean, Last week I was in Walmart, and they were busy.

nepatsfan
08-15-2011, 11:44 AM
I want to see the responses for this. I have thought about this also.

I bet there is a limo site out there and people are complaining that everyone thinks they know how to drive a limo. the lowballers are everywhere. I saw a guy show up at a wedding with a wrinkled suit. Probably some lowballer without car insurance or a permit from the airport.:laugh:

I bet it is like any other business, keep overhead low and do what you say you will and charge a fair price and hope for the best.