PDA

View Full Version : Blade options for different setups

Florida Gardener
08-15-2011, 02:55 PM
What are the best blades to use when:
A.)Running a mulch kit
B.)Running a block-off plate?

I have a 36" FD and cut St. Augustine.

I get blowout when going through tall grass. I'm assuming thats normal but am wondering if there is a setup that will limit blowout(this is when using my mulch kit).

WrightCommercial
08-16-2011, 10:10 AM
diamondlandscaping,

Believe we spoke this morning but will post what we spoke about. For the mulch kit the wave style mulch blade seems to be the prefered set up in the southern areas, for the block off a Gator style blade might be better at reducing clipping size to limit the clump line that shows up on the right side of the deck. Concerning the blow out, some is expected when running a mulch kit, make sure your pitch is correct as a flat or negative pitch will make blow out worse. When checking the deck pitch make sure you have someone stand on the mower when taking the measurements.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.

Florida Gardener
08-16-2011, 02:48 PM
diamondlandscaping,

Believe we spoke this morning but will post what we spoke about. For the mulch kit the wave style mulch blade seems to be the prefered set up in the southern areas, for the block off a Gator style blade might be better at reducing clipping size to limit the clump line that shows up on the right side of the deck. Concerning the blow out, some is expected when running a mulch kit, make sure your pitch is correct as a flat or negative pitch will make blow out worse. When checking the deck pitch make sure you have someone stand on the mower when taking the measurements.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.

Haha, thanks Chris, er I mean Wright Mfg.

I will look into buying those blades for the kit for next summer.

I will be purchasing a brand new 42 RH 20HP around end of Oct.

Thanks again for your help and for an awesome product! I love the Wright Stander.

liledgy
08-28-2011, 08:52 AM
I don't mean to thread jack but, for now I can't post a new thread from my iPhone and the help section here just has a blank page.
I cut 2 residential lots that had 2 foot tall weeds and some grass. The mower a 2000 48" stander never bogged down much but seemed to push down the weeds instead of cut them, especially in the middle of the deck. The speed didn't seem to matter as I changed speeds to check. Each time I ran over them it got better obviously. Is there a blade I could put on that is specific cutting weeds? I know I should just cut it more often and probably save time too. My 48" 3pt woods finish mower on my Kunitz b7100 seems to do a much better job on it and it's only 16hp.
Posted via Mobile Device

WrightCommercial
08-29-2011, 01:05 PM
liledgy,

First, what is the pitch of the cutter deck? Take this measurement with someone standing on the mower, the front blade tip should be 1/4" lower than the rear blade tip.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.