PDA

View Full Version : Arising Trailers

TheChiefsLawnCare
08-15-2011, 07:31 PM
Anybody have any information on this brand trailer. I went and looked at it today and I was quoted 4199.00 for a 7x16 tandem w/ 4 brakes treated hard wood floors reg lights 6.5 inch ceilings dome light v nose ramp door with side door with the bar that locks so the side door has two locks with the grey outside color 16 oc studs square tubing and the silver looking wheels (looks like galvanized) not the painted white steel wheels. Guy wants an addition 350 for mag aluminium wheels I don't think the wheels are that important.

The other one was a freedom and it differed because it was non treated floors and had the flap at the foot of the ramp that you would have to flip down every time you go to pull something out and that would be a PITA. Everything else was the same.

I can get a better price out of Mississippi they asking 3644.00 for a Lark but I would have to order one and I was trying not to have to order cause that would mean two 4 hour round house trips so I wouldn't be saving much cause of gas. Id save 555 on the price of the trailer. Anybody think that would be worth it. You figure two tanks which mean 160 dollars. So I'll be saving around 400 dollars.

TheChiefsLawnCare
08-15-2011, 07:34 PM
Is Lark a better built trailer than arising. Lark has been around much longer than Arising since they were in business since 08.

TheChiefsLawnCare
08-15-2011, 07:44 PM
Well I just received an email from a person in Mississippi that is selling the Lark trailers and I can get an 8x16 v nose ramp door 36 in side door with the same stuff for 4011.00 and its made by Lark. To me the decision is made wouldn't you say. I wouldn't pay any taxes from him and I would be paying cash so its possible I could get him down some on the price maybe to like 3900 or 3800 and then I would just come back to Louisiana and pay tax title and license I could come in around 4500. I think Imma go tomorrow. Just give me your opinion. OOO and he dosent charge extra for color choices.

Falcon50EX
08-15-2011, 09:28 PM
Well I just received an email from a person in Mississippi that is selling the Lark trailers and I can get an 8x16 v nose ramp door 36 in side door with the same stuff for 4011.00 and its made by Lark. To me the decision is made wouldn't you say. I wouldn't pay any taxes from him and I would be paying cash so its possible I could get him down some on the price maybe to like 3900 or 3800 and then I would just come back to Louisiana and pay tax title and license I could come in around 4500. I think Imma go tomorrow. Just give me your opinion. OOO and he dosent charge extra for color choices.

Just for comparison Horton Hauler
I priced a 8x16 v nose for $5200 tax and all
ramp back door and 36 side
12 onc floor 3/4 pressure treated
5200 lbs axle tandem brakes Radial tires
6'5" height
two side wall vents
Black color

PlantscapeSolutions
08-16-2011, 11:20 PM
I'm guessing that's a steel trailer and not aluminum for that price. I paid about $5500 for my Pace 16' (interior fenders) with LED's. It's nice to have the lighter aluminum trailer. A 16' steel trailer would be a real pig.

Falcon50EX
08-18-2011, 06:03 PM
I'm guessing that's a steel trailer and not aluminum for that price. I paid about $5500 for my Pace 16' (interior fenders) with LED's. It's nice to have the lighter aluminum trailer. A 16' steel trailer would be a real pig.

Are you saying your Pace is aluminum all the main frames for $5500? I am asking the question because I just call a dealer out of ATL Cumming GA on a 16' Featherlite aluminum he said 11,900.

PlantscapeSolutions
08-20-2011, 12:33 AM
Are you saying your Pace is aluminum all the main frames for $5500? I am asking the question because I just call a dealer out of ATL Cumming GA on a 16' Featherlite aluminum he said 11,900.

I'm just talking about the sides and top. The enclosed trailer with heavier steel sides and roof cost less.

Falcon50EX
08-20-2011, 08:18 AM
I'm just talking about the sides and top. The enclosed trailer with heavier steel sides and roof cost less.

I was just told that Pace is going out of business

PlantscapeSolutions
08-20-2011, 10:25 PM
I was just told that Pace is going out of business

I think Pace is now part of Big Tex. My local Big Tex franchise just started selling Pace. Big Tex owns a bunch of different trailer companies.

Pace has a big facility in Waco about 100 miles north of where I'm at.