PDA

View Full Version : Hunter or Rainbird multi-streams?

txirrigation
08-15-2011, 11:43 PM
Which do you guys perfer and why?

Lets talk:

Uniformity

Run times

Slopes

Coverage

How far each nozzle really throws effectively

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-15-2011, 11:48 PM
If the angles work I'd take the RB rotators in a heartbeat. If you have to use a multistream and need oddball angles then the MPs would be my choice but only for design reasons.

Firefighter337
08-16-2011, 12:21 AM
I have the mp2000's in my yard.

23 or 24 of them.

I placed them at head to head coverage. Run times are 20 minutes on 2 zones and 15 on the other. Due to heat stress. I water daily and need to hook up my rain sensor. 4th zone is drip lines.

Uniformity is ridiculously good. I went over kill. I could of gotten by with several less heads. I only have around 4000 sq ft of grass. I did placement at every 17 or 18 feet. Forgot off hand.

I did not use the mp40 pop ups. I had to use a pressure reducer in my valve box. I had roughly 100 - 110 psi of water pressure. Which created horrible streams. I initially cut the pressure back to about 50 psi, and im using 1" pipe throughout the system. After evaluating the pattern and streams, I raised the pressure to fine tune the stream, ended up being 55-60 psi.

Firefighter337
08-16-2011, 12:25 AM
I'm sure the 2000's would of thrown more, but I tuned the heads by the adjustable pressure regulator that I installed. I can see how far I can get them to throw and what pressure tomorrow if you need. I have to find my pressure gauge though. I made a port for it, and have it capped off now. I should of just left I there.

txirrigation
08-16-2011, 12:38 AM
Some pics of each from recent installs

Firefighter337
08-16-2011, 12:43 AM
ah. Ill take a picture or a video. I will turn 2 of my zones in the main area of my yard on. The kids in the neighborhood come play in my sprinklers.

If I could invent a mp style head. I would some how figure out, HOW to install a LED or light in the head/riser of the sprinkler so when the heads spin, the light would be carried out through the water stream. It would look crazy at night time.

Disclaimer: If anyone copies my Idea, it is documented here first. So pay me monthly installments for my idea.

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-16-2011, 10:14 AM
The RB rotators in your pic are fishtailing some. they definitely benefit from pressure regulation. I found them to be less wind sensitive and mist less than MPs. I'd like to see a du test between the two using the manufacturer's recommended spacing.

txirrigation
08-16-2011, 10:49 AM
The RB pic was taken on a system with 42psi static.

Which brings up a good point, when the pressure is a tad to high the RB heads spin 1000 mph.

I would be interested to see the toro heads in action bc they claim to spin at the same rate at any pressure.