PDA

View Full Version : When should you replace trimmers edgers etc fuel line?

weapons of grass destruction
08-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Hi
When should replace the fuel line on your blowers trimmers etc.

ed2hess
08-16-2011, 10:17 PM
On Echo they get loose in the tank groment and don't seal up well so need to replace. I would say about every other year.

weapons of grass destruction
08-16-2011, 10:29 PM
On Echo they get loose in the tank groment and don't seal up well so need to replace. I would say about every other year.

Thanks edtohess

larryinalabama
08-16-2011, 10:31 PM
when they break or for preventive maintance when they become brittle. if your worried about it keep a couple of feet of line on your truck

JDiepstra
08-16-2011, 10:39 PM
The ones on my Echo sticks are over 4 years old. I suppose it would be a good idea to just keep a foot of fuel line in the tool box on the trailer just in case.

ffemt1271
08-16-2011, 11:44 PM
i do PM on mine every winter, and very rarely have an issue during the season, i use my backups if i need to while they are down. Here's what i do.

Replace:
spark plug
fuel filter
fuel line
fuel tank breather/if equipped
air filter/clean if oil bath
replace grease in gearbox
apply coat of grease to shaft
lube throttle cable
degrease engine.

takes $15 and 30 minutes per machine, not bad of a trade off for no downtime during the season. i got a few units that are in thier 9th season

topsites
08-17-2011, 01:24 AM
i do PM on mine every winter, and very rarely have an issue during the season, i use my backups if i need to while they are down. Here's what i do.

That's what I used to do, too, and like you say it sure saves headaches throughout the year,
another way to do it is take an entire day, per machine, and give it a good going over, every piece,
every nut, every spring and just everything, go over the entire machine and clean and inspect and
replace as needed.

However you want, nowadays I carry an assortment of parts in the truck but I'd recommend the PM route first because
it allows business owners to become proficient with their machine before they suffer from downtime in the field.