PDA

View Full Version : Seeing problems with Tifgrand Bermuda

spraygood
08-16-2011, 06:09 PM
I have several customers that installed Tifgrand Bermuda over the last year. One of the lawns started to thin and deteriorate rather quickly. No lesions on the blades. No sign of insects. The soil is moist. We tried a fungicide and that did not stop the problem. A week later we went to a different fungicide at the high rate. That stopped it and now the lawn is recovering.

I have talked to a couple different companies with the same problem. No one has been able to identify the disease. I was just wondering if anyone else has seen an issue.

Patriot Services
08-16-2011, 06:17 PM
Take all root rot?
Posted via Mobile Device

terric
08-17-2011, 10:25 PM
Might be too much water, especially with the afternoon showers that have been around most areas. The soil really shouldn't be moist once the sod is rooted. And with the extremely hot weather in most areas, fungus is likely. Possibly Dollar Spot. You can send photos/samples to your County Extension office for an ID. (They're usually listed in the blue pages of the phone book.) This weather has been tough on everything - lawns, shrubs and people.

Fungicides can take up to two weeks to be effective, so that may be why the second application "worked". Be sure to mix well and follow label instructions - more is not necessarily better.

Please keep us all posted on your success-