PDA

View Full Version : Z Spray pump problem.

ZMAX
08-16-2011, 07:27 PM
I leave my levers down for my nozzles and just turn the pump on and off when i have to spot spray. Lately, the pump is taking 5seconds or so to build pressure and when i flip it off it slowly drops pressure, so the nozzles just leak out until the pump is at 0psi. would this be a problem with the pump or something else?

RABBITMAN11
08-16-2011, 07:43 PM
I leave my levers down for my nozzles and just turn the pump on and off when i have to spot spray. Lately, the pump is taking 5seconds or so to build pressure and when i flip it off it slowly drops pressure, so the nozzles just leak out until the pump is at 0psi. would this be a problem with the pump or something else?

Check your screen by the pump could be clogged. It has a gray cap that screws down.

grassmasterswilson
08-16-2011, 08:26 PM
the older models use check ball screens. make sure your screens have a "silver star" in the end. I made that mistake and when i picked up the foot lever my nozzles dripped.

ant
08-19-2011, 06:34 AM
zmax what did u come up with? could be dirt cough in one of the boom valves.

ZMAX
08-19-2011, 10:31 PM
well, after another day or so the pump wouldn't build pressure, and when you shut off the pump the nozzles would leak. Turns out one of the plastic pieces that rests on the tank rubbed through and had a hole in it, so the pump was working fine.

http://www.turfmagazine.com/content/TF/img/2008/09/TF200809_31.jpg The piece that had a hole in it, is that T piece that sits on the tank in front.

grassman177
08-19-2011, 11:02 PM
at last, it has been discovered. good

grassmasterswilson
08-20-2011, 01:39 PM
glad to hear. pump sucking air. many times the fittings aren't tight. glad it was an easy fix

specialtylc
08-27-2011, 04:21 PM
The hose reel needs to be turned off when using the boom. If its left on, the hose holds pressure that makes the boom drip after shutting the pump off.

Runner
08-27-2011, 05:22 PM
Glad you found it. The first thing I was going to point to was if there were any inline diaphragms (like the Permagreen has one right on the top of the tank). These will allow the fluid to leak down by not holding the siphon, also.