PDA

View Full Version : Aynone own the New Ford with the Eco boost engine?

soloscaperman
08-17-2011, 04:52 PM
I like the reviews from the New Ford F150 eco boost engine and how is reliable and pulls good and is a very quick truck. Anyone using the new Ford truck? I saw there testing and they towed a car for 24 hr on a track and did also a stress test of running it 150K miles. There 6 cyc turbo gas engine beat the Chevy and Dodge V8's. The engine used on the Ford is the 3.5L twin turbo.

billythekid
08-17-2011, 05:16 PM
It does seem like a great idea for a motor. twin turbos are the way to go for quick performance boosts whether they're factory or aftermarket. 420ftlb is a good amount of torque for such a small motor.

Richard Martin
08-17-2011, 08:05 PM
I like the reviews from the New Ford F150 eco boost engine and how is reliable and pulls good and is a very quick truck. Anyone using the new Ford truck? I saw there testing and they towed a car for 24 hr on a track and did also a stress test of running it 150K miles. There 6 cyc turbo gas engine beat the Chevy and Dodge V8's. The engine used on the Ford is the 3.5L twin turbo.

It sounds like my 1995 F150. I've been stress testing it for 143,000 miles now and once towed another F150 350 miles.

Built Ford Tough! :usflag:

360ci
08-20-2011, 10:56 AM
I'm still not sold on the EB idea. I think the purpose behind Ford's thinking with the 35EB engine was to please those that want a truck just to go to the mall, and wanted some 'balls' behind it. Not necessarily to tow. The thought of getting quasi-good mileage is also another selling point for Ford. It's good marketing. In Canada, you cannot get the EB on the base model trucks, you must ante up to the higher trim levels.

I'd still get the 5.0L V8. It gets similar mileage to the EB35, is $1000 less (here in Canada) and you can get the larger fuel tank enabling you to drive farther between fill-ups.

For even more cost effectiveness the 3.7L with 3.73 gears seems reasonable. Torque isn't the best but it's more than the well aged 4.2L V6 and can be had in several 2wd and 4x4 configurations at a more than reasonable price. However, I don't think I'd want this engine if I towed more than 4K on a regular basis, although it's limit is 6200lbs which is still reasonable.

meets1
08-21-2011, 02:27 AM
One construction firm has one. They sub us alot of work and they have all ford dually 350 so the owner bought a a 1/2 ton with eb engine. The man using this truck says going to the lumber yard to pick up screws is fine, but to tow a walk behind trencher 50 miles, or tow heavy buckets - he said hes not impressed at all. But he was also used to diesel, 350 dually. I see alot of women driving them around my area as they are farmers wives so they need a truck to go down the gravel road and get groceries.