PDA

View Full Version : College for landscaping/ the green business?

flyingdutch16
08-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Hey guys,

Although im still a sophomore in high school, i was wondering what are some colleges to look at for possible landscaping? Im thinking about doing landscaping and mowing. What would be some good degrees. All tips/help is welcome

THanks guys

Km81
08-17-2011, 09:10 PM
Business Management & Accounting is by far the most important. Anyone can learn how to run a Zero turn, and a string trimmer. Not everyone can run a business.

wiselandscaping
08-22-2011, 07:59 PM
The Ohio State University ATI. They have a great Landscaping program. Check out this link to learn more about it. It's an Associate's degree; but if you want a Bachelor's in something similar, you can go to OSU main campus and major in Landscape Horticulture through CFAES. This is just my opinion, but Main Campus is where it's at. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else! I love it here.

http://ati.osu.edu/majors/lanscape.shtml

BAGHERVANCE
08-22-2011, 08:21 PM
Hey bro I'm a senior at The University of Akron and I will have a degree in business at the end of this fall. I mean you don't need a degree to make a millions dollars...I've had my own business for two years and the degree helps a lot ,but it's all what you make it.

lawnman24949
08-22-2011, 10:40 PM
Look at Penn State they have a division that is landscape contracting and since its in your state you would get a good deal.

flyingdutch16
08-23-2011, 10:46 PM
Look at Penn State they have a division that is landscape contracting and since its in your state you would get a good deal.

Penn state would be awesome. I really wanna go there for their rugby program as well. Did not know that they had a landscaping division!

Puddle of Oil
08-23-2011, 11:48 PM
The Ohio State University ATI. They have a great Landscaping program. Check out this link to learn more about it. It's an Associate's degree; but if you want a Bachelor's in something similar, you can go to OSU main campus and major in Landscape Horticulture through CFAES. This is just my opinion, but Main Campus is where it's at. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else! I love it here.

http://ati.osu.edu/majors/lanscape.shtml

How much $$$$$ for an associate's?