PDA

View Full Version : bad pavers jobs!!

General Grounds
10-29-2002, 06:25 PM
:blob3: over the past 2-3 weeks ive been going on estimates to repair bad paver jobs, what makes it real bad is that most if not all have been done w/i the past 3-5 years. every one has said that "they were the cheapest", i think i;ve seen it all. one job was a $30,000 raised patio, the bad part they filled the entire patio with sand, in some places it sank up to 8 inches. i ask them if they tried calling the company and all say the # not in service any longer, go figure. i quess " you get what you pay for" . tony

LAWNGODFATHER
10-29-2002, 06:28 PM
I love it when that happens.

Goes to show they didn't make the right choice.

Bob Minney
10-29-2002, 06:45 PM
And what % of them do you think will go low bid on repairs?:rolleyes:

Runner
10-29-2002, 07:29 PM
I wonder if this is where the term "cobble-job" came from - from cobblestone walks...:D

Gravely_Man
10-30-2002, 10:49 AM
Bob, I think you nailed it on the head. It would be interesting to know what percentage of the people again go with the lowest bid. Some people are just clueless.

Gravely_Man

Stonehenge
10-30-2002, 06:53 PM
A few years ago I bid a rebuild project...three tiered walls, 2 raised patios. The customer was in the process of suing the original installer.

He told me the original project price was $18,000. Told me that of those he contacted to do the rebuild, whoever was the lowest bidder would get it.

My bid was just over $30K. I included a note that said something like "You see what you got when you went with the lowest bidder the first time. Let's learn our lesson on the rebuild."