PDA

View Full Version : Down Spout Drainage problem

rcav8er
10-29-2002, 07:35 PM
I have a customer with a drainage problem on one side of the house. The yard area along one side is only about 15 feet wide and 50 feet deep. The problem is there is a enbankment approx 4 to 5 ft tall around this area. Basically the house is built in a bowl. The customer is having water ponding in this area and looking for suggestions.
I am considering trenching out from the down spouts and laying drainage pipe in a gravel bed with a clean out of some kind at the end. My question is suggestions on how far to run the pipe and what kind of clean out or vent at the end.
Of course I'm open to suggestions of a better and easier repair!

Thanks Bryan:confused:

paul
10-29-2002, 08:09 PM
Have you checked the grades yet? Sounds like there is a high spot that is stopping the water from draining away from the house.

rcav8er
10-29-2002, 08:54 PM
The grade is ok, but the problem is there's only about 10 possible feet of available yard for the water to go. I thought it might help to get the water below surface.

Heller Landscaping
10-30-2002, 07:19 PM
No it is not cheap:) but what is?:confused: Take it to lowest spot and put in a 6' deep dry well 3' diameter. filled with gravel and building block with a 6' pvc 3"or4" diameter pipe in center "for air and a overflow". Also put a vented cap on top so no garbage clogs it. For all but the worst rains this will take care of your problem. If you can drain off the edge of the property that would be the best, but not always possible. Hope this helps.:blob4: