PDA

View Full Version : Very dissapointed with hustler dealer

kybuck
10-29-2002, 07:44 PM
I am a homeowner going to buy my first ztr and was looking at all the posts and decided to take a look at the hustler fastrack it was in my price range so I go down to my local hustler dealer all the mowers was setting in a fenced in lot right in front of the showroom doors I spent 15 minutes looking at the mowers waiting for someone to come out to help me I can see 2 people inside that work there just watching me like to make sure I wasn't going to try to steal something. I finally go inside the showroom 3 people working inside I'm the only customer in the store and still have to wait another 5 minutes until someone finally ask if they could help me. I asked a few questions about the mower and the salesman couldn't even tell me how long the warranty was, how long they had been selling them, if they had any trouble with the ones they had sold, if they kept many parts in stock, and this guy said he had been working there for 5 years. And these are the people I would have to deal with to service my mower ha I don't think so :angry:

Has anyone else ever had this happen to them? I mean do they not want to sell anything or what.

And this is the only Hustler dealer within 50 miles or so. But on an earlier post I got some bad comments on bigger Honda engines and that is what these Hustlers had so maybe its best anyway.:dizzy:

brian12
10-29-2002, 08:19 PM
what part of Ky?

Mowingman
10-29-2002, 08:32 PM
You, need to post this over on the Hustler forum part of Lawnsite so the Hustler folks can look into this dealer and get them straightened out.:)

kybuck
10-29-2002, 08:33 PM
I'm in B.G, Ky. which is South West Ky.

toymaker
10-29-2002, 08:34 PM
Had the same experriance with Hustler dealer in my area. Called up to get some info and prices and found the person I was speaking to very snotty. Ended up buying a Gravely ZT1842, very nice dealer.

kybuck
10-29-2002, 08:36 PM
Thanks Mowingman I didn't know hustler had a forum on lawnsite thanks for the info I found it.

kybuck
10-29-2002, 08:42 PM
Toymaker I know what you mean. I didn't even mention that I called the dealer twice the day before for prices and everyone was busy and couldn't talk so I left my name and number and was told someone would call me back that never happened either.:blob2:

brian12
10-29-2002, 08:51 PM
They are no better in Louisville, here is a suggestion; I am assuming you are looking at the Fastrak, Landpride sells the EXACT machine it is called a Razor maybe that dealer would be better

kybuck
10-29-2002, 09:06 PM
hey thanks Brian12 checked out the site and theres a dealer 26 miles from me I'll give'em a call tomorrow.

The Mowerdude
10-29-2002, 09:09 PM
I'm going to venture a guess, so I could be way off base. But here's my guess.

This is a common problem with virtually every store/business where the service/product offered is highly specialized. It could be a commercial lawn equipment dealer, speed shop, hobby shop, music store or what ever. But all too often, the owners are the employees and the needed people skills were never their stong point, to begin with. Now after years of becoming jaded to re-explaining everything to every warm body that walks through the door, they no longer want to fool with even talking to anyone who's not already at the top of the learning curve. They've forgotten that as long as no new blood comes along, they're stuck with dealing with the regulars, ,many of whom are on the verge of quitting because they're also jaded/burned out. So they take one look at you and it's obvious that you're not a pro LCO and they prejudge you. "Great, here comes another wannabe. Ignore him and he'll go away."

Here's my experience with this very phenomenon. In 1980 Volvo had a limited 240 series car that they called the "GT." It was painted silver with black and orange stripes on it. It had 30mm sway bars, gas shocks a really cool interior....I loved it and I wanted one. It was $13,000 fully loaded which was a LOT of money in 1980. I was 24 and driving a 1969 VW that had really seen better days. It was ugly. I drove my ugly bug into the local Volvo dealer. They had 1 GT and it was on the showroom. I circled the car for about 15 minutes and then sat in the driver's seat for another 15. I noticed that the car had a small scratch on one of the headlight trim rings. During my time there NO ONE, I mean NO ONE even bothered to acknowledge my presence. So I left.

I drove to the next town that had a Volvo dealer and when I went in, a really nice lady greeted me at the door. I told her what I was looking for and she said that they didn't have one, but could order it. I put down my money and she took care of the paperwork.

A few days later she called to say that my new Volvo had arrived. When I went to pick it up, I noticed that it had the same scratch on the headlight trim ring. It was the EXACT car. They had gotten it off of the first dealer's showroom floor.

A few weeks went by and I had a minor problem with one of the front struts. My dealer would have to order the strut, but if I didn't want to wait, I could take it to the dealer that had ignored me. They had a new strut on the shelf. So I took it back to the dealer that had originally ignored me and their service department fixed me right up. You could have heard a pin drop when I drove the new car that they had blown the opportunity to sell, in to have it worked on. While I was in the customer service I was treated to overhearing the sales manager screaming at the top of his lungs at his sales personel to NEVER EVER prejudge anyone again.

I know that this is not part of the story, but that car got sent to the junkyard in 2001 after a wreck ended it's otherwise long and prosperous life. It had over 400,000 miles on it. All that time, it stayed in the family. :cry: (snif)

Anyway, don't prejudge but be patient when you are prejudged.

Buddy Irwin
10-30-2002, 11:18 AM
KYJACK
I am sorry to see your post about the Hustler Dealer in Bowling Green KY. They are without a doubt one of the BEST dealers in the country. I e-mailed you with my phone number and want you to call me. I am the the sales Rep for the state and can handle your problem.

Buddy Irwin

Brickman
11-03-2002, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by kybuck
Toymaker I know what you mean. I didn't even mention that I called the dealer twice the day before for prices and everyone was busy and couldn't talk so I left my name and number and was told someone would call me back that never happened either.:blob2:

This happens SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much any more that I don't bother to leave messages. I call back later. It seems as if nobody cares these days.