PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Motors?

brian12
10-29-2002, 09:18 PM
What type of wheel motors are used on the Fastrak?
Is there any difference in the Landpride Razor and the Fastrak?

Thanks

mowerconsultant
10-30-2002, 09:59 AM
There are no wheel motors in the FasTrak, it uses integrated hydro transaxles, 1 per side.

The FasTrak is a home use only unit.
Are you looking to buy a unit for home use ? or are you looking for commercial use ?
If for home, the FasTrak is going to be your choice, if for commercial use, but you want a unit the size of the FasTrak you need to look at the Hustler Mini's.

And the only things different between the Razor and the FasTrak is color and a cover over the engine that Landpride uses and we dont. They both come off the same exact production line at Hustler.

Hope this helps
Pj

Envy Lawn Service
12-07-2002, 09:20 PM
After checking out a Fastrak my thoughts are they are all commercial mowers less they hydros. They are super low too. I really like that!

However, over the past few weeks I have talked to 4 people who operate other brands with similar hydro systems. They use them commercially too! All 4 agreed that the hydros were probably not as durable as they commercial style. But, none of them have had a problem with them after lots of use.

If I am forced to buy 2 mowers for next season, it will be a very hard decision for me between the Fastrak and a hydro walkbehind. Maybe that's not so smart. I dunno...........

:alien: