PDA

View Full Version : thieves tried

CkLandscapingOrlando
08-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Found my trailer un hooked this morning. Guess they gave up when they found to way to get it. I'm on a hill so even rolling my truck would only put it in the only path out. The other direction your rear tires would come off the ground.

They did take my sthill back pack sprayer and half a can of gas. Bout 6 months back they cut the lock and stole my hand helds. Least the cheap ones. Left all the expensive stuff in place. So I started removing all that. And I'm backed up to a wall. So no droping the gate. You want a mower you take the whole rig.

Well I fancy my self as a steel fabricator. You screwed your one shot bubba. Take a torch to take it off the truck, or trailer out of the yard

larryinalabama
08-19-2011, 05:48 PM
Shoot them

CkLandscapingOrlando
08-19-2011, 05:55 PM
Oh they dont want to get caught I can assure you. Someones mother is sure to be crying

A Leaf Above
08-19-2011, 07:30 PM
good to hear your stuff is still intact ....They are on a major spree down here ..They got me for over 4000 bux worth of handhelds last friday when i was doing a complex in Boca Raton ...Thank goodness for good insurance again ...

Keith
08-19-2011, 08:36 PM
You want a mower you take the whole rig.

They did that to me two years ago. Only one of the mowers was on the trailer, but they damn near got every freaking thing else. The truck was recovered 15 days later in an apartment complex in Crime Hills. Few dents, dings, scrapes, but otherwise in pretty good shape. The tailgate had a big dent/scrape like they unhooked the trailer on an incline and it got away from them. They seemed to load up everything they could out of the cab and ditched the truck as fast as they could. Nothing else was ever recovered as far as I know.

IRRITECH
08-19-2011, 08:40 PM
Someones mother is sure to be crying

But he was such a good boy, he just fell in with the wrong crowd.

CkLandscapingOrlando
08-19-2011, 09:05 PM
Well if you boys aint seen a 1in thick lock, you aint tried to steal my trailer. Super thick cable with steel sleave welded around it. All tied in the ground by about 8x8 L shaped steel 4x4. If that comes out the ground I know something

Ric
08-19-2011, 10:00 PM

Yo

I hate to steal Fl-landscape's Thunder. But he is away this week end for a High School reunion only to have his Trailer broken into. I am not sure how much was taken but his brother reported all the small power tools were gone. Thieves cut a Chain Link Fence then cut the Frame around the pad lock instead of the Pad lock. Damage to the trailer means several days of lost work just to get it fixed. IMHO the Muslin countries have the Right Idea. You Steal Cut Off Your Right Hand and Left Foot.

CkLandscapingOrlando
08-19-2011, 10:18 PM
Yea my buddies at ameriscape said they just hit them. Un hooked the truck. Discountected the trans. Pushed the truck out of the way that blocked the gate. Drove off with drand new superduty, new dies kobota, and new exmark. Both real big mowers. Hit them for close to 70g's

zturncutter
08-19-2011, 11:04 PM
And I was pissed about having a new weed wacker ripped off while I was working on a commercial property 2 weeks ago. Don't feel so bad now.

A Leaf Above
08-20-2011, 06:51 AM
There is a Storage yard in Southwest Ranches down here that got hit hard one night ...The theives stole a Uhaul truck , drove threw the gate of the storage place , looked for the biggest trailer and stole that and preceeded to spend over 2 hours cleaning out over 20 plus trailers of their equipment ...Noone saw anything but was caught on tape ...noone arrested to this date ...

CkLandscapingOrlando
08-20-2011, 08:25 AM
Hardly anyone ever gets caught. Thats why your best bet is make it hard to get

Snapper Jack
08-20-2011, 08:28 AM
You guys is Florida need to invest in some Rottweilers that don't take kindly to strangers in the wee hours of the morning. At least their barking would alert you to get the AKs. Can't stand a stinking thieve.

Landscape Poet
08-20-2011, 06:49 PM
Sorry to hear they tried to get you Chuck.

Ric
08-20-2011, 08:24 PM

CK

Locks are made to keep kids and Honest people Out & Honest. IMHO you are better off with a cheap lock that is easy to break instead of getting your storage unit or trailer Messed up because they have trouble with the lock. I learned that from my days of keeping a large boat at a public Marina. It is not fun having your stuff stolen but it is Double PITA having to repair broken Doors etc.

Remember if they want to steal it, they will find a way.

CkLandscapingOrlando
08-20-2011, 10:48 PM
Well my trailer is open so nothing to break. And even if you wanted to cut something, my 1in locks and cable will take the same cut off or torch to cut as it would take to cut the back off the trailer. So anyway they dice it, they'll have to stand on an open corner making either alot of noise, or a lot of light to get my trailer. On top of that it's hidden. So you likely wont know it's solid till you move 2ft and it snatches. At that point you've made so much noise everyones up. Outside of the trailer and mowers, nothing else is out there.

Now if this was a secluded storage area, I would agree with you. But here in the front yard, make it as close to impossible to get as you can. Why waste all that time and noise when 2 houses down you got one just sitting

newz7151
08-20-2011, 11:04 PM

Just remember, when your IED goes, you may lose your trailer and all the other stuff with it, but you can have the joy in your heart that scattered around with the metal pieces are the pieces of the POS that moved that boobie trapped lever in just the right way...

CkLandscapingOrlando
08-21-2011, 06:31 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. If your gonna lose them might as well do so with a bang

bradsmowing
08-21-2011, 08:37 AM
ya this week I had a set of stihl pole hedge trimmers stolen its this pill heads that are stealing **** around here

rob7233
08-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Well if you boys aint seen a 1in thick lock, you aint tried to steal my trailer. Super thick cable with steel sleave welded around it. All tied in the ground by about 8x8 L shaped steel 4x4. If that comes out the ground I know something

Got any pictures of the lock, cable or L shaped ground anchor ??
I would love to see your security setup!

fl-landscapes
08-22-2011, 08:17 AM

Just got back last night so I haven't been to the trailer yet. Looks like they got two chain saws a power pole saw a blower two line trimmers an edger spyker fertilizer spreder and like ric said screwed up the trailer pretty good. Scum bags! Talked to insurance company and evrerything is covered but I am sure they will raise my rates to get my money back and I have to waste my time picking up the pieces......

Yo

I hate to steal Fl-landscape's Thunder. But he is away this week end for a High School reunion only to have his Trailer broken into. I am not sure how much was taken but his brother reported all the small power tools were gone. Thieves cut a Chain Link Fence then cut the Frame around the pad lock instead of the Pad lock. Damage to the trailer means several days of lost work just to get it fixed. IMHO the Muslin countries have the Right Idea. You Steal Cut Off Your Right Hand and Left Foot.

Posted via Mobile Device

fl-landscapes
08-22-2011, 08:19 AM
Didnt post for some reason. Damn iPad. Lots of things stolen. I will have a better idea when I get to the yard and take inventory
Posted via Mobile Device

Florida Gardener
08-22-2011, 08:38 AM
It seems like all the thieves are from this state...sorry to all the guys who got hit.
Posted via Mobile Device

CkLandscapingOrlando
08-22-2011, 04:41 PM
I'll have the wife get some pics for you. The L piece is buried 4-5ft under ground. I built the post this way because I have 16ft wide gate that swings open. A cingle pole would lean from the weight of such a long and heavy gate. So theres like 5-6ft that goes in line with th gate when closed, then the same in the direction of the gate being open. Then one long one comes stright up like a normal fence pole.

Fl-landscapes that sucks big time bro. They got all my 2 cycles early in the year. Hurts no matter how big or small you are

fl-landscapes
08-22-2011, 05:46 PM
I'll have the wife get some pics for you. The L piece is buried 4-5ft under ground. I built the post this way because I have 16ft wide gate that swings open. A cingle pole would lean from the weight of such a long and heavy gate. So theres like 5-6ft that goes in line with th gate when closed, then the same in the direction of the gate being open. Then one long one comes stright up like a normal fence pole.

Fl-landscapes that sucks big time bro. They got all my 2 cycles early in the year. Hurts no matter how big or small you are

Thanks. Same deal, all the two strokes in that trailer. Two trimmers, edger, hedge trimmer, 2 chain saws, a power pole saw, bed redifiner, a back pack blower, fertilizer spreader, plus my trailer latches are cut off. Insurance will cover all, but there is a $500 deductible and you know my rates going up. They hit a lot of other people in the area the same night. Got some grainy video from cameras of the guy. The night before the big hit they syphoned about $200 in diesel out of my hydroseed truck. I had fueled it for a job a couple hours away and in the morning it was gone. F-ing low life scum bags!

gregory
08-23-2011, 07:41 PM
sorry to hear guys... i know you have insurance for this type of stuff but all of our rates go up bc of scum bags like this....

i am with ric chop off there damn hand and foot...