PDA

View Full Version : npp 123

R & R Yard Designs
08-19-2011, 10:40 PM
Bill what is the dry time that I need for this as I want to put it down tomorrow but we might have rain on and off all day. Please let me know
Posted via Mobile Device

ICT Bill
08-20-2011, 09:43 AM
Bill what is the dry time that I need for this as I want to put it down tomorrow but we might have rain on and off all day. Please let me know
Posted via Mobile Device

depending on the tip you spray with at 2 gallons per 1000 application rate it will dry pretty quick

the mode of action is, it hydrolyzes fungi on contact, it breaks down its exoskeleton and turns it to water. It also enter the leaf of the plant and is taken up by a receptor that signals that the plant is under attack by a disease, the plant in turn does something called SAR systemic acquired resistance, the plant begins to build its defenses (hormone production) against the attack. So it knocks out the pathogen and the plant builds its immune system, pretty cool

R & R Yard Designs
08-20-2011, 10:14 AM
So in short yes. I should get to spraying.
Posted via Mobile Device

R & R Yard Designs
08-20-2011, 10:44 AM
Ok how long can it sit in the tank as it is going to pour in 20 min.
Posted via Mobile Device

Smallaxe
08-20-2011, 07:51 PM
depending on the tip you spray with at 2 gallons per 1000 application rate it will dry pretty quick

the mode of action is, it hydrolyzes fungi on contact, it breaks down its exoskeleton and turns it to water. It also enter the leaf of the plant and is taken up by a receptor that signals that the plant is under attack by a disease, the plant in turn does something called SAR systemic acquired resistance, the plant begins to build its defenses (hormone production) against the attack. So it knocks out the pathogen and the plant builds its immune system, pretty cool

Great job explaining the Mode of Action... are you able to classify this as 'fungicide'??? I would think this product is favorable to chemical poisons or sterilants in that its residual effect is an immune system booster...

Next question of course is, What are the effects on beneficial organisms in the soil, and on the leaf???

phasthound
08-20-2011, 08:10 PM
Great job explaining the Mode of Action... are you able to classify this as 'fungicide'??? I would think this product is favorable to chemical poisons or sterilants in that its residual effect is an immune system booster...

Next question of course is, What are the effects on beneficial organisms in the soil, and on the leaf???

ICT NPP is classified by the EPA as a Minimum Risk Pesticide and is exempt from registration under FIFRA regulation 25(b). http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/biopesticides/regtools/25b_list.htm
NPP does a good job controlling disease it is labeled for.

It can have negative effects on beneficials and a followup treatment with soil inoculants is a good idea.

Smallaxe
08-20-2011, 08:47 PM
ICT NPP is classified by the EPA as a Minimum Risk Pesticide and is exempt from registration under FIFRA regulation 25(b). http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/biopesticides/regtools/25b_list.htm
NPP does a good job controlling disease it is labeled for.

It can have negative effects on beneficials and a followup treatment with soil inoculants is a good idea.

Good to know... :)

R & R Yard Designs
08-21-2011, 02:28 PM
Doesn't bill get so slap happy when he talks organic. I love it. And thanks bill for all the help. Your a great guy no matter what your wife says.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kiril
08-21-2011, 10:41 PM
the mode of action is, it hydrolyzes fungi on contact, it breaks down its exoskeleton and turns it to water.

Come on Bill. :nono:

ICT Bill
08-22-2011, 05:42 PM
Come on Bill. :nono:

Spray it on red thread, pythium or a mushroom for that matter you can stand there and watch it disappear, try it yourself, I'll even send you a sample

Kiril
08-22-2011, 09:07 PM
Spray it on red thread, pythium or a mushroom for that matter you can stand there and watch it disappear, try it yourself, I'll even send you a sample

Wasn't referring to it working or not, but rather your use of exoskeleton.

ICT Bill
08-23-2011, 08:57 AM
Wasn't referring to it working or not, but rather your use of exoskeleton.

you are right I should have said "cell wall"