PDA

View Full Version : Tropical Storm Irene

billslawn89
08-21-2011, 09:35 AM
Well..its been all over the local news here in sarasota county as well as the weather channel...Is this going to be the first hurricane of this season. The tracking as of 9am shows a Cat 1 for friday, 2am hitting around miami moving right thru florida. Should be interesting, I guess I better sharpen my chains for my chain saws..lol.what you all think?

TexasFire221
08-21-2011, 10:28 AM
Can you please tell her to pass Florida up and park herself over Central Texas. We havent had rain since January. There are town without water and wild fires that are out of control here. My business is shot. Went from 92 lawns to 10. We need rain bad.

CkLandscapingOrlando
08-21-2011, 11:20 AM
I dont want to hear what they got to say till 2 days out

Landscape Poet
08-21-2011, 12:10 PM
I dont want to hear what they got to say till 2 days out

Agreed. Casey Anthony Trial is over.....weather is now the big news story. Very well could come but I would wait until a couple days before making any big plans. For the newbs - if you do not have a chainsaw and pole saw....this very could be your best investments if it does come through.

CkLandscapingOrlando
08-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Yea if you aint got a saw in Fl you'll lose a ton of cash after one thats for sure

Landscaping By Gregory
08-21-2011, 12:32 PM
Cahin up saw up oil up and lets get some storm money...........

justanotherlawnguy
08-21-2011, 04:14 PM
Cahin up saw up oil up and lets get some storm money...........

I love storm money, especially about 2 days prior. People go nuts and just want everything trimmed!
Posted via Mobile Device

Ric
08-21-2011, 04:51 PM

Sorry Guys

But I see this storm more from a victims angle than a big money maker.

zturncutter
08-21-2011, 06:57 PM

Sorry Guys

Yeah, I have to agree, I will never look at them the same again. Always a knot in my stomach !

Ric
08-21-2011, 07:10 PM
Yeah, I have to agree, I will never look at them the same again. Always a knot in my stomach !

Yep

We both have seen the eye of that Tiger.

unkownfl
08-21-2011, 09:29 PM
Yea I too could do without having storm work. We could probably use the rain though. I noticed everywhere I go in the lakes rivers etc. are really low this weekend on the boat.

Florida Gardener
08-21-2011, 09:44 PM

Sorry Guys

But I see this storm more from a victims angle than a big money

Really, don't know why anyone would want a hurricane to hit them....

IRRITECH
08-21-2011, 09:58 PM

Sorry Guys

It looks like it will be a cat 1 when it hits FL. There will be some damage yes, but this is no Andrew, Opal, or Katrina. I've been through (literally) 5 in the last 20 years, you guys will be fine.

Landscaping By Gregory
08-21-2011, 11:14 PM
I guess some time Monday we will get some more info on this new storm........It needs to wait till Wednesday afternoon.............:sleeping:

Ric
08-22-2011, 10:36 AM

It looks like it will be a cat 1 when it hits FL. There will be some damage yes, but this is no Andrew, Opal, or Katrina. I've been through (literally) 5 in the last 20 years, you guys will be fine.

Irritech

My first Hurricane was Donna in 1960. She blew the roof off my parents house and kept me soaking wet in a closet for 14 hours. Several in between but my last one was Charlie in 2004 and I walked in his eye and it cost me just about everything. I am not a young man so Mother Nature scares the hell out of me.

ron mexico75
08-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Here is the latest.

I am slated to start my summer vacation Saturday morning in South Carolina! S.O.B.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/news/story/54098/hurricane-irene-to-slam-into-t.asp

Ric
08-22-2011, 11:02 AM
Here is the latest.

I am slated to start my summer vacation Saturday morning in South Carolina! S.O.B.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/news/story/54098/hurricane-irene-to-slam-into-t.asp

Yo

Let us hope Irene makes a complete right hand turn for the North Altantic.

Charles
08-22-2011, 11:45 AM
Here is the latest.

I don't think they have any idea where it will hit. The long range forecast has changed with every update:dizzy:

1989 Hurricane Hugo went just north of Charleston SC . A CAT 4 when it made landfall. $ 7 Billion in damage and 21 deaths. Far Inland Charlotte had sustained winds of 67 mph and 99 mph gust. 1000s of Acres of forest were leveled. Storm surge of 20 ft in some areas. They are showing the track of this storm to be similar. Maybe a CAT 3 and that is bad news. Fla to NC and maybe beyond should feel some of its effects

ron mexico75
08-22-2011, 11:45 AM
Yo

Let us hope Irene makes a complete right hand turn for the North Altantic.

I hope to god it does because a CAT3 is nothing to sneeze at.

CkLandscapingOrlando
08-22-2011, 04:50 PM
I aint sure any one said they wanted one. But lets be realistic, if you dont have a saw your missing money. After charlie all you needed was a trailer. But ripping the whole inside out of mother inlaws house and rebuilding it was'nt fun. Charlie pealed the roof like a can. That week solid in rain from fay created erosion issues that I can still see to this day in some places. I literally had to pull the mufflers of my mowers to drain the water. We took fuel down south after andrew. Nothing like seing massive I beams twisted like kids straws.

Besides I perfer the the trimming you get now(I'm scared, trim it all) to the clean up after a storm

Kevin16
08-22-2011, 04:57 PM
The Carolina Coast is right now in the bull eye but the storm is due to come in Friday night into Saturday morning so we will see what happens. Its too early to tell right now so sit back and watch the weather channell and there smoking hot babes.........LOL

Greg78
08-22-2011, 05:55 PM
We aren't taking any chances. Have all the generators ready to go, gas, lots of water and food.

We also did all of today's and tomorrow's accounts today. We will be doing Wednesday and some of Thursday's tomorrow. We will have all our customers done by early Wednesday.

billslawn89
08-22-2011, 08:06 PM
well, looks like irene has been upgraded to a cat 2 now as of 8pm. the cone of uncertainty has shifted towards the east coast and my area is not in the cone anymore, but i am still concerned. while i was out working today, i seen a couple people putting up hurricane shutters, and one was my neighbor around the corner.

Landscape Poet
08-22-2011, 09:48 PM
We also did all of today's and tomorrow's accounts today. We will be doing Wednesday and some of Thursday's tomorrow. We will have all our customers done by early Wednesday.

I did the same day today. We worked from sun up to sundown to get all of Monday and Tuesday's accounts done besides two. I hope to get all of Wed done tomorrow and maybe some of Thursdays if things go well. If I am lucky we will have everything good prior to Friday.

Got family flying in from out of state this weekend......no sunny FL vacation for them.

A Leaf Above
08-23-2011, 05:37 AM
Irene is pushing more to the east now ..Here in Ft. Lauderdale we are just a litlle bit in the cone of daeth right now ...I f it keeps moving the way it is we will have averted a disaster here ...AS if insurance rates arent high enough now for us down here ...This would have been no joke of a storm ...Id rather keep my chain saws sharp than get hit with a cat3 cane ...

zturncutter
08-23-2011, 06:33 AM
Irene is pushing more to the east now ..Here in Ft. Lauderdale we are just a litlle bit in the cone of daeth right now ...I f it keeps moving the way it is we will have averted a disaster here ...AS if insurance rates arent high enough now for us down here ...This would have been no joke of a storm ...Id rather keep my chain saws sharp than get hit with a cat3 cane ...

Good point regarding insurance, State Farm raised my homeowners by almost 80% in July. No telling what they would come up with if we got hit with another hurricane.

ron mexico75
08-23-2011, 07:57 AM
The Carolina Coast is right now in the bull eye but the storm is due to come in Friday night into Saturday morning so we will see what happens. Its too early to tell right now so sit back and watch the weather channell and there smoking hot babes.........LOL

No doubt!! Seen one this morning on TWC and THAT made me wake up quick!

What are you guys hearing down in Hilton Head? I mean SC has been hit several times over the past 20-25 years. What's the feeling?

Kevin16
08-23-2011, 05:24 PM
We are out of the woods here in Hilton Head and if your coming this way this weekend come on up because the outer banks will be closed and they will come this way. The last time we had to evacuate was for Floyd back in 99 and he blew his way up thru NC into Virginia and of course there was Hugo back in 89 which decimated Charleston but Charleston has recovered beautifully and now is one of my fav cities ! :dancing::clapping:

CkLandscapingOrlando
08-23-2011, 06:04 PM
40% chance of rain on Fri now. hahahaha. If it stay's like that I'll have a nice Fri

ron mexico75
08-24-2011, 08:25 AM
We are out of the woods here in Hilton Head and if your coming this way this weekend come on up because the outer banks will be closed and they will come this way. The last time we had to evacuate was for Floyd back in 99 and he blew his way up thru NC into Virginia and of course there was Hugo back in 89 which decimated Charleston but Charleston has recovered beautifully and now is one of my fav cities ! :dancing::clapping:

Supposed to be staying in Myrtle for a week arriving Saturday. I can see where the prediction is further East. But, not the dillema is driving down there through very heavy rains.

Ric
08-24-2011, 10:44 AM
Good point regarding insurance, State Farm raised my homeowners by almost 80% in July. No telling what they would come up with if we got hit with another hurricane.

Tell Me about It. I just changed Insurance companies and wasn't covered for Hurricanes for the first 30 days. That means I am not covered for Irene. Big load off my mind now we are out of her path.