PDA

View Full Version : any one been to nashville expo?

yergus
10-30-2002, 02:41 PM
i will be going to the expo in nashville this year and looking forward to it, and they say they will be having siminars. what i want to know, has anyone ever attended them (any type)? are they worth the time, and how much do they charge for the classes.

EHesseyLawns
10-30-2002, 03:00 PM
I AM GOING!!!!!!!!!! im soooo excited, my best friend went to the one in louisville, he sed he had an absolute blast, im soooo excited, it's in november rite?

Alan Bechard
10-30-2002, 04:08 PM
Yes it is the weekend of the 16th. I think it starts actually on Thursday the 14th. We plan on being there some ourselves. Maybe we will meet.

Al Bechard

Lawn Cops
10-30-2002, 09:30 PM
I hope it's good.....this will be my first one to attend.

I got my name tags in the mail the other day but still have not seen a schedule for the seminars. Does anyone no those schedules?

Jim
Lawn Cops

LAWNGODFATHER
10-31-2002, 01:56 AM
Bob, it was on Florida last year, will be in Nashville this year, and I believe St. Louis next year.

I have heard the confrences are wonderfull to attend, but I still haven't made up my mind if I will be going to any.

Darb
10-31-2002, 04:23 AM
http://www.gieonline.com/
This is the site that has the information for the Nashville show.

GroundKprs
10-31-2002, 08:48 AM
GIE is a roving annual event. Moves to different cities, mostly east of Mississippi River. It is the joint annual conference of PGMS (www.pgms.org), ALCA (www.alca.org) and PLCAA (www.plcaa.org). These sites sometimes have info on the scheduled seminars. Seminars may seem pricey to some, but education is a valuable commodity. The outdoor demo and trade show are neat too, but you can go play with the toys at your dealer or a local or regional show.

walker-talker
10-31-2002, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER
Bob, it was on Florida last year, will be in Nashville this year, and I believe St. Louis next year.

I have heard the confrences are wonderfull to attend, but I still haven't made up my mind if I will be going to any.

Yep, you're right, St. Louie next year....ya putting everyone up for the weekend:D ?

Yergus, do a search....I started a thread on the seminars about a month ago. Not many responded, but a few. All that had attended the seminars in the past recommended them highly. The only bad thing is that there are so many going on at one time, that you have to choose which one you want to attend. I sign up last week and still got in at the early bird prices. For $295 you get into the expo (indoor and outdoor), 3 different seminars of your choice, a free lunch, tickets to an auction, and a breakfast. I went ahead and signed up the the optional seminar (cost is $50) on Wednesday. It's titled " Strategic Planning", given by Joe Theisman. I think anyone in the early growth stages of their business will benefit from these seminars.

MATT