PDA

View Full Version : blower prob

Frontier-Lawn
08-21-2011, 03:17 PM
got a kawasaki 750 blower and it dies if i got to 1/2 throtle to wot, its fine at idle?

what gives i change out to a new plug and stil does it.

GrassGuerilla
08-21-2011, 03:41 PM
Is this a new blower, or an older one? Sounds like a gunked up carb. If it's new, take it back to the dealer. If it's an old gunked up carb, try some seafoam. Also, check the exhaust port for carbon buildup. If it's got a bunch of carbon, scrape it out. Preferably with something wooden (Popsicle sticks are great).

I've got a krb750 too, it's been a very good tool.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frontier-Lawn
08-21-2011, 04:11 PM
3 yrs old, do need a new carb gasket thou would that cuase issues?

mowerman90
08-21-2011, 04:14 PM
If the carb gasket is bad it could be sucking air and that would cause major running problems.

GrassGuerilla
08-21-2011, 06:00 PM
Sounds like the obvious place to start.
Posted via Mobile Device

ALC-GregH
08-21-2011, 06:33 PM
3 yrs old, do need a new carb gasket thou would that cause issues?

Well duh. You haven't even fixed the obvious but you wasted money replacing a sparkplug that wasn't bad. This thread reminds me of the threads that get posted stating, "I sharpened the blades on my mower now it doesn't cut right" only to find out they put them on upside down! :hammerhead:

Replace the carb gasket and the problem will somehow mysteriously disappear.

Precislawn
08-21-2011, 07:39 PM
A clogged fuel filter will do the same thing. So fix that gasket and replace the in tank fuel filter.

ed2hess
08-21-2011, 07:41 PM
3 yrs old, do need a new carb gasket thou would that cuase issues?

Depends on which one it is....the one closest to engine can be a problem. Use some deep creep and spray around on where you think the gasket is bad and if it changes engine speed you found it. Is this a 4mix or 2 stroke? Check gas filter and screen in exhaust. If those are good start looking for carb adjusting needles.

Frontier-Lawn
08-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Depends on which one it is....the one closest to engine can be a problem. Use some deep creep and spray around on where you think the gasket is bad and if it changes engine speed you found it. Is this a 4mix or 2 stroke? Check gas filter and screen in exhaust. If those are good start looking for carb adjusting needles.

2cyl, fuel filter fine and ext screen was taken out 30sec after i opened the box to put it together @ home

Alan0354
08-21-2011, 10:17 PM
Have you take out the muffler to check whether you have carbon build up? 3 years is a long time. Do that first before you even do any of the more invasive stuff.

Frontier-Lawn
08-21-2011, 10:32 PM
Have you take out the muffler to check whether you have carbon build up? 3 years is a long time. Do that first before you even do any of the more invasive stuff.

well since the gasket is torn i will need to go to a to z mower in the moring and hope they have a gasket for the blower and see if that works 1st then deal with taking off the whole rear houseing just to remove the muffler.

Alan0354
08-22-2011, 02:25 AM
well since the gasket is torn i will need to go to a to z mower in the moring and hope they have a gasket for the blower and see if that works 1st then deal with taking off the whole rear houseing just to remove the muffler.

If the gasket is torn, that might be the problem. I have the Maruyama BL8100 which is the exact same as the KRB750, it was not hard to remove the muffler. I remember only have to remove the plastic cover, nothing hard.

Frontier-Lawn
08-22-2011, 09:18 AM
mower shop nada, now to dealer #1 to see if Mowers Inc has what i need.

ps any one on here shoot? next time i am going to get gasket sheet and use used ammo shells to bang out the holes.

back to the shoot question, if you do can u get ahold of 2 sets each of 50cal down to the smallest shell they make 4 me?

Frontier-Lawn
08-22-2011, 10:33 PM
well blower is still doa, gasket fixed but still acting up, took muff off cleaned port and also dumped gas out and put fresh in. any other ideas?

Alan0354
08-22-2011, 11:36 PM
You still have your original carb, run a tankful of Sea Foam mix and see whether it help or not. You claimed the gas filter is good, so the next thing is the carb. It's been 3 years old, if Sea Foam don't help, start looking at this direction. If if bog at half and full throttle, the jet inside might be blocked and hopefully the Sea Foam can clear it up, if not, overhaul the carb or might have to buy a new one if you know how to change it yourself. Try the Sea Foam first.

Frontier-Lawn
08-23-2011, 01:36 PM
seafoam no worky, i am going to make 2 posts in the for sale section, 1 this blower best offer and 2 if you have a blower to sell and will let me make payments on it while using it pm me. thats how over this kawasaki i am

Alan0354
08-23-2011, 02:00 PM
seafoam no worky, i am going to make 2 posts in the for sale section, 1 this blower best offer and 2 if you have a blower to sell and will let me make payments on it while using it pm me. thats how over this kawasaki i am

You even consider changing the carb before dumping it away? You are expected to have to do something on it after 3 years of commercial use regardless of any brand!!!!

Frontier-Lawn
08-23-2011, 02:17 PM
You even consider changing the carb before dumping it away? You are expected to have to do something on it after 3 years of commercial use regardless of any brand!!!!

when i run 100% non ethonol fuel since day 1 in it carb should not be a issue

Alan0354
08-23-2011, 03:11 PM
when i run 100% non ethonol fuel since day 1 in it carb should not be a issue

Who give you that idea? 3 years is a long time.

GrassGuerilla
08-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Frontier... ADHD much? Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frontier-Lawn
08-23-2011, 05:21 PM
Frontier... ADHD much? Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

1) Parts place did not order the carb at all for tomarrow when i called around noon for it, so the soonest they can get it is friday-monday

2) a true kawasaki dealer in TAMPA (3hrs away), not a parts place next to me could have goten it tomarrow for me if it was before 2pm for ordering @ $99 over night shiping.

3) i have no backups to even to be able to mow clients & im already 3 days behind.

4&5) im out of booze and fine cigars to calm me down

Alan0354
08-23-2011, 09:00 PM
1) Parts place did not order the carb at all for tomarrow when i called around noon for it, so the soonest they can get it is friday-monday

2) a true kawasaki dealer in TAMPA (3hrs away), not a parts place next to me could have goten it tomarrow for me if it was before 2pm for ordering @ $99 over night shiping.

3) i have no backups to even to be able to mow clients & im already 3 days behind.

4&5) im out of booze and fine cigars to calm me down

call Maruyama dealer.

Frontier-Lawn
08-23-2011, 09:34 PM
call Maruyama dealer.

called the cloest one and no carbs in stock

GrassGuerilla
08-23-2011, 10:13 PM
If you've been doing this for three plus years, you NEED a backup. I'd suggest a Stihl handheld. A bg55 should be $150. I've had a couple of them, very good bang for the buck. Get the Kaw running for leaf cleanups. You may even prefer the handheld for quick jobs. (my Kaw only gets used spring and fall, and big cleanups.)
Posted via Mobile Device

Frontier-Lawn
08-23-2011, 10:15 PM
If you've been doing this for three plus years, you NEED a backup. I'd suggest a Stihl handheld. A bg55 should be $150. I've had a couple of them, very good bang for the buck. Get the Kaw running for leaf cleanups. You may even prefer the handheld for quick jobs. (my Kaw only gets used spring and fall, and big cleanups.)
Posted via Mobile Device

i try but soon as i get extra money wifey takes it and i can get what i need, well she learned her lesson this time.

Alan0354
08-23-2011, 10:40 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I have to agree you can easily get spoiled by the little hand held. I have to force myself to use the bp more!!!

To Frontier:

And yes, I feel the Kawi/Maru is a very good blower, if you have good compression, there is no reason to get rid of it. 3 years of commercial use, you are expected to put in a little money. I am sure if you know how to overhaul the carb, you can get away with a lot less money. It is light, easy starting and powerful enough. What make you think if you trade to another used one, you'll have better luck?

Frontier-Lawn
08-26-2011, 06:47 PM
ok update, called a Maruyama dealer yesturday had the part today. heres the kicker, same part # as the kawasaki one and the kawasaki part was $100.50 + shipping. the Maruyama part was $79 with no shiping costs, what gives with this crap?