PDA

View Full Version : I hate summer people.

greenmonster304
08-21-2011, 04:17 PM
I just got home from the store where a dumb woman driving a giant esclade from NYC that got her licence in a cracker jack box wiped out the side of my new Tacoma. It seems these people come out for the weekend during the summer from manhattan where they never drive and wreak havoc on my local roads. I can't wait until labor day when alot of these idiots go home. Anyone else deal with this? I bet Cappy feels the same way. I would wish they would leave and never come back but they are my livelihood.
Posted via Mobile Device

ARGOS
08-21-2011, 04:30 PM
That sounds frustrating. Tourist do seem to drive fast when they visit here.

The one that blows my mind is when they are all walking side by side and strolling in a whole lane of road. "This is such a cute country road"...then I almost take out a family of five when I come around a blind corner.

But as frustrated as I get I do like people here on vacation. They are usually in a good mood.

Mike Leary
08-21-2011, 08:29 PM
I would wish they would leave and never come back but they are my livelihood.

Good going, you just answered your own rant! :clapping:

gusbuster
08-22-2011, 01:04 AM
Sounds like what is see driving on 120 between oakdale n manteca. The people from the bay area always in a big rush to get to the next red light. gotta love every blue moon either CHP, Stanistlaus or San Joaquing deputies giving out a donation slip to the coffers of the state of CA.

john

AI Inc
08-22-2011, 05:09 AM
This is a tourist state , but we get em yr round.
Week of the 4th of july 3 bikers were hit in 3 different accidents by people who crossed the center line.

Mark B
08-22-2011, 10:03 AM
I know what you mean when I am down in Buxton, NC (which 2-3 times a month) The torons make driving slow, cause they are not what side road to take, or they act like they have never seen the sound and the ocean so close together.

The other thing is when they think they can take there nice car out on the beach when there are signs that say 4X4 is needed. I had to stop and take a picture. They are not stuck that bad, but I kept on going cause the spanish where chewing the point off.

greenmonster304
08-22-2011, 11:42 AM
I know what you mean when I am down in Buxton, NC (which 2-3 times a month) The torons make driving slow, cause they are not what side road to take, or they act like they have never seen the sound and the ocean so close together.

The other thing is when they think they can take there nice car out on the beach when there are signs that say 4X4 is needed. I had to stop and take a picture. They are not stuck that bad, but I kept on going cause the spanish where chewing the point off.

I see that a few times a year too. I will pull them out for $20 but they have to hook up the rope.
Posted via Mobile Device

txgrassguy
08-22-2011, 01:38 PM
I just hate stupid people period.
Come to think of it I detest most people in general.
Maybe I should get a job in the local DMV office.

Mike Leary
08-22-2011, 02:59 PM
I just hate stupid people period.
Come to think of it I detest most people in general.
Maybe I should get a job in the local DMV office.

There's a opening for a host at our campground. :rolleyes:

AI Inc
08-22-2011, 03:09 PM
There's a opening for a host at our campground. :rolleyes:

Dosnt one have to be a certified alcoholic?

Mike Leary
08-22-2011, 03:14 PM
Dosnt one have to be a certified alcoholic?

Yes, of course, but a negative attitude is also paramount.

AI Inc
08-22-2011, 05:03 PM
I just got home from the store where a dumb woman driving a giant esclade from NYC that got her licence in a cracker jack box wiped out the side of my new Tacoma. It seems these people come out for the weekend during the summer from manhattan where they never drive and wreak havoc on my local roads. I can't wait until labor day when alot of these idiots go home. Anyone else deal with this? I bet Cappy feels the same way. I would wish they would leave and never come back but they are my livelihood.
Posted via Mobile Device

your area is realy nice.

after labor day.

AI Inc
08-22-2011, 05:25 PM
Yes, of course, but a negative attitude is also paramount.

Alcohol will not solve anyones problems, but then again , neither will milk.

Mike Leary
08-22-2011, 05:33 PM
We had a robbery last night at the campground: well-known clod-cull kids that we've suspected of other smash and grab jobs. They stole the purse and wallet, PLUS the camper's cooler. This time, the drain on the cooler was open, and as they booked for home, they left a trail of water for our top-notch police to follow. Currently in jail under felony charges. :clapping:

greenmonster304
08-22-2011, 05:55 PM
your area is realy nice.

Yeah I love it I get the beach to myself

after labor day.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sprinkus
08-22-2011, 05:56 PM
they left a trail of water for our top-notch police to follow. :clapping:

That is hilarious!
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
08-22-2011, 07:25 PM
We are on cape cod and feel the same way. Tourists are great because they pay all our bills but can at times be trouble on the roads for sure.
Posted via Mobile Device

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Having been on the Cape in the Summer and the fall i don't know how you keep sane with those summer traffic jams and no exits.

Waterit
08-23-2011, 08:22 AM
We're a big tourist economy too.

I've often championed the idea that the dumba$$e$ should just mail us a check and keep their slow-driving tushes at home. In exchange, I'll send them a jar of our pure white beach sand and a dead jelly fish.