PDA

View Full Version : Snake Locator

ARGOS
08-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Anyone can chime in, but Jim mentioned this one while we were hanging out together.

What is the solenoid tied to a pipe snake trick again? Will it work with my locator? I want to locate my house drain to my septic tank.

BTW I won't use a mechanical snake, just the old fashion snake.

greenmonster304
08-21-2011, 11:00 PM
I think if you taped a 2 wire with a solenoid on the end to a snake or fish tape you could stuff it in then trace the wire with your 521'and when it blasted your ears you would know you were at the end of the pipe.
Posted via Mobile Device

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-22-2011, 12:59 AM
Why not just toilet flush a solenoid with some serious turds with lots of spare wire attached?

snicker snicker

Sprinkus
08-22-2011, 09:22 AM
I think if you taped a 2 wire with a solenoid on the end to a snake or fish tape you could stuff it in then trace the wire with your 521'and when it blasted your ears you would know you were at the end of the pipe.

That's the way to do it. Or use a sonde/flushable sonde.

txgrassguy
08-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Why not just connect the 521 to the snake, listen for the null loss and you have found the end of the pipe?

Personally I'd think shitting out a solenoid with the wire attached would be a bit painful - or is that just me?

greenmonster304
08-22-2011, 05:26 PM
Why not just connect the 521 to the snake, listen for the null loss and you have found the end of the pipe?

Personally I'd think shitting out a solenoid with the wire attached would be a bit painful - or is that just me?

I have found that the 521 signal drops off very quickly when connected to a non insulated conductor like a snake or copper pipe
Posted via Mobile Device

txgrassguy
08-23-2011, 10:41 AM
Okay, thanks for the info.
I happen to agree that wiring a solenoid then taping it to the snake would make sense.
I'll file it under "old fart" trick.