PDA

View Full Version : Apps for Smart Phones

treborie
08-21-2011, 09:40 PM
Didnt know where to post this so I chose this one.

With todays technology of Smart Phones and Apps, I was wondering what Apps everyones is using for our Industry?

Stillwater
08-22-2011, 01:19 AM
A great question
Posted via Mobile Device

Bigred350
08-23-2011, 11:22 PM
For I phone. Leaf snap- this app shows pics of trees. You can also take a pic of a leaf and it will tell you what the it is. The is also one call turf grass weeds. It show pics of weed and also chemicals to treat it.

Az Gardener
08-24-2011, 12:18 AM
I will be watching this thread. Leafsnap I can only find for iphones , no Android but it wouldn't do me any good anyway at it is trees of the N/E

Turf grass weeds is good but it does not link the weed with the herbicide to kill it, in fact it does not even tell what the herbicide kills. Just its market name and active ingredient and its mode of operation. It is a good start for ID'ing weeds. Wish I could make the pictures bigger.

Thanks for the tip

MacLawnAndGarden
01-26-2012, 01:43 AM
Bump. I'm also looking for some useful apps.

M & MD Lawn
01-26-2012, 03:22 AM
I am going to look up the turf grass weeds one, sounds like a good App.... I know I use Gasbuddy A LOT and I have a app for one of the local news stations for weather then I have accuweather and Weather channel also. I also have the white pages app I have to use every now and then to look up a customer if I dont have my contact book with me

Lefet
01-26-2012, 06:17 AM
I will be watching this thread. Leafsnap I can only find for iphones , no Android but it wouldn't do me any good anyway at it is trees of the N/E

Turf grass weeds is good but it does not link the weed with the herbicide to kill it, in fact it does not even tell what the herbicide kills. Just its market name and active ingredient and its mode of operation. It is a good start for ID'ing weeds. Wish I could make the pictures bigger.

Thanks for the tip

Seems the Android is always the last to get something. I'm going to look into the Turg grass weeds, thanks for eliminating the "Leafsnap".

I am going to look up the turf grass weeds one, sounds like a good App.... I know I use Gasbuddy A LOT and I have a app for one of the local news stations for weather then I have accuweather and Weather channel also. I also have the white pages app I have to use every now and then to look up a customer if I dont have my contact book with me

What is Gasbuddy? I have the weather channel too, good for treating. Other than that, haven't found any worth anything. A lot that LOOK like they may work, until you buy them.

Az Gardener
01-26-2012, 08:28 AM
Farm progress growing degree days is an AP I learned about at GIE. This app has a weather feature as a side feature but its main function is to track growing degree days. Some states have universities that track these numbers unfortunately Az is not one of those.

You really need to research growing degree days to get a clearer explanation on how to use GDD. The company in Texas that uses this app uses it to know when to make applications for pest control. As pests have predicable hatching/ emerging times based on the length of days it has been above a specific temperature.

Turboguy
01-26-2012, 12:26 PM
What is Gasbuddy? .

Gas buddy is a really nice ap available for iPhones or Droids. Open it and it will give you the current prices of gas at all the stations around you. It works great.

M & MD Lawn
01-26-2012, 05:39 PM
Gas buddy is a really nice ap available for iPhones or Droids. Open it and it will give you the current prices of gas at all the stations around you. It works great.

Like Turboguy said its a great app, I love it, i use it everywhere...even check prices before I go to another side of town just in case its cheaper

Lefet
01-26-2012, 05:53 PM

Like Turboguy said its a great app, I love it, i use it everywhere...even check prices before I go to another side of town just in case its cheaper

Headin to the market as we type!!

crazymike
01-26-2012, 06:06 PM
I really like the techobloc app

sven1277
01-27-2012, 09:25 PM
I have a droid x and use 5 weather apps including weather channel, weather bug, radar now, accuweather, and a shortcut to accuweather's moving radar. Accuweather has temp in its icon and weatherbug has temp in top bar. I have tesla flashlight app and a note app on the front page. I also have the calculator on the front page. I use the calender app religiously. I have the navigation set up to find quickly. Gas buddy is useful too. My phone is indespensible for business. I love it.

kootoomootoo
02-04-2012, 03:01 PM
thanks for the tips

lawnmanager1
02-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Anyone using apps to calculate square footage and linear feet in the field?? Thanks

UKHortCat
02-16-2012, 11:08 PM
I have a Motorola Atrix 2 (Android) and use an app called Landscape and Garden Calculators. Can give you measurements for mulch, topsoils, hardscapes, plant materials, irrigation. $8 but if you want a good Landscape App for a smartphone you won't get much better.

Isobel
02-17-2012, 07:20 PM
Anyone using apps to calculate square footage and linear feet in the field?? Thanks

just the calculator, LxW. :laugh:

Nj shade
03-07-2012, 08:08 PM
Techo-Bloc has an app for iPad and iPhone that you can walk off sq ft of any shape possible. Very useful if you use their products, if you don't it would still work for measuring sq ft but would not really get to use app to full potential.

Also use Square for cc processing when out doing snow plowing and get flagged down to do a driveway.

alexschultz1
03-17-2012, 01:13 AM
Google docs