PDA

View Full Version : leaf removals

CHINES60
10-30-2002, 04:03 PM
:blob2: I forgot to ask but here goes. I need to know how to figure prices on clean-up of leaves. I know some of you know but will you tell.

Thanks again

MacLawnCo
10-30-2002, 04:56 PM
search....and learn where to put your posts...these are in the wrong forum:angry:

baddboygeorge
10-30-2002, 10:36 PM
hello an i hope this helps ya i charge by the hour / per man an i charge a dump fee. my hourly charge is 35 per hour / per man an i charge a 45 dump fee . leaf work is a money maker an a bigg part of my business but equipment is a must. any more questions fell free to call me or emailme have funn take care george

Darryl G
10-31-2002, 12:39 AM
Mac - Do you have an anger management problem? Seems to me like you're a little rough on new members. You might want to take a human relations course while you're at school. Why is this the wrong forum?

To anwer the question, I don't remove leaves. I either mulch them up, dump them on site, or blow them into the woods, or more than likely, a combination of the three. Mulching the leaves is included in my regular mowing prices until the end of October (the end of my mowing season). I charge $50/man hour for clean-up starting Nov 1.

gogetter
10-31-2002, 12:48 AM
Last season I posted that I charged $35 an hour for leaf clean ups. I took a little hammering from some members that felt I was on the low side. When I think about it, I agree!
This year I am bumping it up to $40 and hour and will see how it goes. If all goes well, next year it will likely go up again (especially for new accounts).

It's dirty work and puts a real work out on the equipment. And when I think of what other trades are getting an hour it doesn't seem out of line that I should get $45-50 hr for my hard work and investment on equipment.

CHINES60
10-31-2002, 06:09 AM
:sleeping: thanks to everyone except from miami operator

thanks to all as I am just getting back into this field again( for third time and YES, I did make money before but couldn't work two full time jobs, with one a gov. job

Thank you

The Mowerdude
10-31-2002, 07:54 AM
Hey Charles,

Do a search for a thread entitled: "Still Struggling with quoting a leaf removal rate"

The tread starter was Kitzy. This was a month or so back and we really all pitched in and put in our 2 cents. I think that the entire thread is worth the time to read. I think it'll answer all of your questions.

kppurn
10-31-2002, 04:55 PM
Darryl-
Last night I was wondering why this guy was jumped by maclawn for posting in the wrong forum. I thought to myself, "maybe I'm missing something".:confused:

AGG Lawn Maintenance
10-31-2002, 05:54 PM
For my current customers I charge 4x a cut. For non customer(1 timers) It all depends. But of coarse the price is much higher. Man I miss my Hustler 400 with the high lift back vac. I have to try and get a vac for my Hustler 262. Great mower for clean ups.
Hey Mac whats up with you man??? Did you not see that he only has 6 posts??? Anyway welcome aboard my friend. Also check out old post with the search at the top of the page. See Mac its o.k. to be nice.;) Travis

Darryl G
10-31-2002, 10:40 PM
kppurn -
Yeah, I later saw that it was moved from the Elements of Business forum to here. Regardless, it would have been nicer if Mac had instructed which forum is appropriate or tried to be helpful in some way.

I know that when I had 5 posts under my belt I didn't know how to use the search funtion to full benefit.

MacLawnCo
11-01-2002, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by darryl gesner
kppurn -
I know that when I had 5 posts under my belt I didn't know how to use the search funtion to full benefit.

I will agree, but it ticks me off to no end to see so many newbies asking for handouts on how to run their business when they will be out there undercutting us later.

The Mowerdude
11-01-2002, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by MacLawnCo
I will agree, but it ticks me off to no end to see so many newbies asking for handouts on how to run their business when they will be out there undercutting us later.

Not to be arguementative, really, but I'm personally glad the newbs come here. It gives us the chance to help them progress to a level above the lowballers and scrubs. We can help guide them through the learning process and in the years to come, they will become our professional equals and friends in the business.

And really, isn't that the reason that we're ALL here?

crawdad
11-01-2002, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by MacLawnCo

WEll, old-timer, tell us about the old days. OOPS, you are 18 years old, and talking bad about newbies. Hmmmmm....
Crawdad

The Mowerdude
11-01-2002, 08:49 AM
Crawdad, that was a good one. I needed a good laugh this morning. :D

crawdad
11-01-2002, 09:09 AM
I couldn't help it. My opinion, for what it's worth, is that we should use the same respect here as we would if the other person was standing in front of you.
Getting back to the topic, pricing leaf jobs... Mr. Hines, what method will you be using? What machines, if any? Are you buying a new blower, vac, etc to do this work? Dragging it on a tarp? The tarp will wear out fast, make sure the customer(s) will pay for replacement. More details are needed here.
Crawdad

MacLawnCo
11-01-2002, 11:04 AM
Moderator, please remove this post....sorry

kppurn
11-01-2002, 12:22 PM
I agree with mowerdude. A "newbie" that finds this site will be in a much better position to uphold the standards we set for the industry. I doubt the guy that's just working for beer money will come here and ask questions.
Oh yeah, I didn't know this was moved from another forum. I guess I was missing something, as stated in my previous post.

CHINES60
11-01-2002, 04:15 PM
:sleeping: Well mr Jason, I am over the hill and was cutting grass way before you were heard of but sometimes everyone needs help and I thought maybe I could get a little here and have. I don't cut anyone prices, I try to get what I need or want without lowballing anyone. I know how it is to get very little monies for hard work that I don't believe you have ever done. I started working after Navy at $1.98 ph full time and did raise 7 children and did a very good job. No time for college until after 50 yrs old but did go. So I do forgive anyone that tries to be hurtful and wish all good luck.

Thanks

BOTURF
11-01-2002, 05:14 PM
Whats wrong with you Mac . Your attitude stinks .I supposed you learned everything there is to know on your own ? You need to chill out dude !!!! Without the newbies coming in sooner or later this site could be history ,the newbies can ask me anything they want to know . If they were scrubs they wouldnt be on here asking ? as someones else has said before .