PDA

View Full Version : Cut it high or else!

Tri-City Outdoors
08-22-2011, 01:52 PM
Just do not get it. We have pick up so many good accounts this year because the prior lawn boy wont cut the grass high. Just today the guy says I'm cutting it at 4". So we measured it, 2.75". Uncut grass 5" We have never seen someone get so mad. What is so hard about keeping the homeowners happy.

So to everyone reading. Keep cutting it short, so we can pick up the account! lol

Think Green
08-22-2011, 04:38 PM
The original height of the grass was 5" The owner said you were cutting it at 4".......but in reality you were cutting it at 2.75"........then they were mad?????????????
Just don't get what you are saying.

Sorry! What are you researching for?

South Florida Lawns
08-22-2011, 07:09 PM
That and railroad track ruts where the mower goes every week, they never switch patterns looks like sheet.

williams lcm
08-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Some like it short. I like to cut high but some homeowners say 2 days later that it looks like it needs cutting again. I have alot of people say cut it short because it grows so fast this time of year. I do what ever it takes short or high.

fl-landscapes
08-23-2011, 07:22 PM
Some like it short. I like to cut high but some homeowners say 2 days later that it looks like it needs cutting again. I have alot of people say cut it short because it grows so fast this time of year. I do what ever it takes short or high.

I like to do what the customer wants. Sometimes if it conflicts with proper maintenance and will cause a decline in the turf I will try and talk them out of it. If they insist on butchering their lawn I have in the past dropped them because I dont want my truck parked there displaying crap work just because the homeowner insisted

South Florida Lawns
08-24-2011, 12:18 AM
If anything take a minute to educate the customer, tell them about the damage that can be done.

Florida Gardener
08-24-2011, 01:04 AM
I like to do what the customer wants. Sometimes if it conflicts with proper maintenance and will cause a decline in the turf I will try and talk them out of it. If they insist on butchering their lawn I have in the past dropped them because I dont want my truck parked there displaying crap work just because the homeowner insisted

Exactly. I don't care if they think they are right, I will not display shoddy work bc at the end of the day, people will think that it is your doing.

MR-G
08-30-2011, 09:16 AM
Exactly. I don't care if they think they are right, I will not display shoddy work bc at the end of the day, people will think that it is your doing. we have 3 crews of 3 ...and are maxed out...need another crew but too late in the season now to put one out..we try to educate about mow hights as well but will in the end give the customer what they want....if it looks like crap so be it....we have had NO loss of new business due to low cut crappy looking lawns....lol....we dont have many of them but do have a few...:usflag:

Florida Gardener
08-30-2011, 09:54 PM
we have 3 crews of 3 ...and are maxed out...need another crew but too late in the season now to put one out..we try to educate about mow hights as well but will in the end give the customer what they want....if it looks like crap so be it....we have had NO loss of new business due to low cut crappy looking lawns....lol....we dont have many of them but do have a few...:usflag:

If it works for you guys, that's great. I just refuse to cut St Aug too low. Call me a martyr.
Posted via Mobile Device

justanotherlawnguy
09-01-2011, 03:19 AM
If anything take a minute to educate the customer, tell them about the damage that can be done.

Thank you!!

Who cares what the customer wants. All those idiots cutting too short now are the same idiots you see in feb cutting dormant grass every 2 weeks completely wrecking the yard.

It pains me to see what some of these jobbers do. I saw these guys cutting new sod laid the previous week at about 3.25. Looked horrible, not to mention the sod hadn't even taken yet..

Oh well, you can't save em all.
Posted via Mobile Device

Patriot Services
09-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Please keep cutting it low. I am doing more sod business this year than ever before. Scalp, scalp, scalp.

coopmaster
09-01-2011, 06:36 PM
I will not cut lower than 3 inches. This makes a few customers unhappy but it makes most happy.