PDA

View Full Version : Price check 2011 Ram 3500 4x4 w/ Cummins HO

KrayzKajun
08-23-2011, 09:55 AM
well been having some issues with my 08' F250(all getting fixed under warranty). bought the wife a new Jeep last night and was chatting with the commercial truck sales guy at Dodge. offered me a sweet deal on a new 2011 Ram 3500.
they offered me $28k for my F250(FX4 , c/c w/ 33k miles on it, i owe $19k)

here what they offered me
2011 Ram 3500 ST Crew Cab 4x4, dually
6.7L Cummins High Output package, auto tranny, exhaust brake
Bright silver metallic, power window/locks, cloth interior(which i want)
bedliner, chrome appearance package,auxillary tranny cooler,
Sticker price $48,145.00
after rebates and my trade in
right at $33,400.00 out the door!!!!

looks like i'll be getting a new Dodge this weekend!!!

POPO4995
08-23-2011, 12:30 PM
I would jump to the SLT, the ST is pretty plain jane.

KrayzKajun
08-23-2011, 12:39 PM
I would jump to the SLT, the ST is pretty plain jane.

The only 2011s left are two ST duallys. I don't need anything fancy for a work truck.
Posted via Mobile Device

KrayzKajun
08-23-2011, 09:47 PM
The only 2011s left are two ST duallys. I don't need anything fancy for a work truck.
Posted via Mobile Device
Wow test drove the Cummins. I'm in love.
Posted via Mobile Device

retrodog
08-23-2011, 09:58 PM
Yeah, 31000 plus tt&l sounds about right, our dealer is taking $10000 off sticker.... and then you have 9000 in equity.
Posted via Mobile Device

meets1
08-23-2011, 10:04 PM
its probably cheaper than a ford and for sure a Gm D-max. But I guess for a work truck - although a dullay would be great.

KrayzKajun
08-23-2011, 10:06 PM
its probably cheaper than a ford and for sure a Gm D-max. But I guess for a work truck - although a dullay would be great.

It is a dually. I've had my fill wit ford. Won't buy another one
Posted via Mobile Device

meets1
08-23-2011, 10:47 PM
I here that alot lately about the fords. Yet they keep selling to new comers who don't no any better. I have said this b/f but my uncle is head parts/service guy at a large ford dealer - he likes them but says unbelievable the amount of work that goes on in the garage to keep them going - he says it is all marketing. Ford tough!

pitrack
08-23-2011, 10:49 PM
well been having some issues with my 08' F250(all getting fixed under warranty). bought the wife a new Jeep last night and was chatting with the commercial truck sales guy at Dodge. offered me a sweet deal on a new 2011 Ram 3500.
they offered me $28k for my F250(FX4 , c/c w/ 33k miles on it, i owe $19k)

here what they offered me
2011 Ram 3500 ST Crew Cab 4x4, dually
6.7L Cummins High Output package, auto tranny, exhaust brake
Bright silver metallic, power window/locks, cloth interior(which i want)
bedliner, chrome appearance package,auxillary tranny cooler,
Sticker price $48,145.00
after rebates and my trade in
right at $33,400.00 out the door!!!!

looks like i'll be getting a new Dodge this weekend!!!

So that means you pay the difference between $28k and $33k?

zak406
08-24-2011, 12:27 AM
Krazy your 6.4 is just a disaster waiting to happen, get out of it while the offering is good and its still under warranty (for your sake). I dont own a diesel but I have driven all of the big 3 the 7.3,6.4,6.6,5.9,6.7. The 6.7 cummins is quick especially compared to the 5.9... my former boss had one and the only issues he had with the 6.7 was a few service engine soon lights which were easily cleared at the dealer!

zak406
08-24-2011, 12:30 AM
wronmg post

KrayzKajun
08-24-2011, 11:46 AM
I owe $19k on my F250. So after Dodge pays it off I have $9000 to put down on a new truck. Stiker is $48k minus approx $9k in rebates plus $9k for my trade I'm getting a $48k truck for $33k. Thtats less than I paid for my F250 in 08'.
Posted via Mobile Device

Marek
08-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Look on Ebay under Ram 3500 there are alot of them on there. May even look at the 4500 trucks too. Do you get larger brakes on the 4500 Ram like you do on the Ford ?

KrayzKajun
08-24-2011, 12:28 PM
I would never buy a truck from ebay. I want a warranty and a relationship with a service dept. If I ever need it
Posted via Mobile Device

Marek
08-24-2011, 01:13 PM
All depends on what you are buying. I use it as a pricing guide, if ebay dealer can sell for x then you local dealer can too.

RLS 2010
08-24-2011, 01:45 PM
I owe $19k on my F250. So after Dodge pays it off I have $9000 to put down on a new truck. Stiker is $48k minus approx $9k in rebates plus $9k for my trade I'm getting a $48k truck for $33k. Thtats less than I paid for my F250 in 08'.
Posted via Mobile Device

Actually you're paying $39k for the truck. That other $9k is money you've already paid on your Ford.

KrayzKajun
08-24-2011, 02:41 PM
I only paid $34k for my F250 in Oct 08'.
Posted via Mobile Device

poolboy
08-24-2011, 06:43 PM
Just make sure you post pics when you get that beast.

KrayzKajun
08-24-2011, 07:14 PM
Just make sure you post pics when you get that beast.

Hoping to get it by Sunday.
Posted via Mobile Device

PlantscapeSolutions
08-25-2011, 01:24 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

I had an 02' 2500 ST 4x4 and my workers drive a 2006 4x2 2500 ST. I now have an 09' 3500 4x4 STX. I almost bought an ST again but I'm glad I didn't. I have Boerne Dodge to thank for bailing on the ST. Boerne Dodge flat out lied to me on multiple issues and I walked the hell out and was able to enjoy the deer in the headlights look the finance guy had as I drove off.

I went to Benny Boyd in Bastrop and drove away in an STX for the same price. The dealer pays very little for power locks, windows, mirrors and cruise control. You can usually get the STX for pretty much the same price as the ST. The STX has really become the default base model where it's very hard to even find an ST anymore.

Are you sure the trucks are ST's and not STX's? The ST's probably will not have power windows, locks, mirrors or much else. A stripped truck will be hard to sell in the future and it will have a negative effect on the book value.

KrayzKajun
08-25-2011, 12:02 PM
I had an 02' 2500 ST 4x4 and my workers drive a 2006 4x2 2500 ST. I now have an 09' 3500 4x4 STX. I almost bought an ST again but I'm glad I didn't. I have Boerne Dodge to thank for bailing on the ST. Boerne Dodge flat out lied to me on multiple issues and I walked the hell out and was able to enjoy the deer in the headlights look the finance guy had as I drove off.

I went to Benny Boyd in Bastrop and drove away in an STX for the same price. The dealer pays very little for power locks, windows, mirrors and cruise control. You can usually get the STX for pretty much the same price as the ST. The STX has really become the default base model where it's very hard to even find an ST anymore.

Are you sure the trucks are ST's and not STX's? The ST's probably will not have power windows, locks, mirrors or much else. A stripped truck will be hard to sell in the future and it will have a negative effect on the book value.

I think it is the STX. Can I email u a copy of the window sticker and u give me yur opinion?
Posted via Mobile Device

PlantscapeSolutions
08-25-2011, 01:58 PM
I think it is the STX. Can I email u a copy of the window sticker and u give me yur opinion?
Posted via Mobile Device

Do you still have my email info from the PM I had sent you with the trailer pictures? You really need to look for dealer ads to make sure the MSRP hasn't been bloated. The classic dealer ads are bed liner, cloth stain treatment, pin stripe, etched glass for security, tow hooks and I'm sure there are some others.

I was able to put zero down on my 09' that I bought in Dec of 09'. Zero down and no payments for a month made it super easy to sell the 02' Ram I had at the time. Do not buy the dealer extended warranty and be careful about the financing. The finance guy at the dealership gets a cut of the extended warranty and even financing if it's through a channel besides Chrysler or in my case GMAC. The dic head finance guy at Boerne Dodge tried to sell me financing that would have cost me more money instead of less.

Who would think your buy a Dodge and GM's finance company would handle the deal? But Chrysler was broke at the time and couldn't finance a pot to piss in.

KrayzKajun
08-25-2011, 05:41 PM
I'm not using them for finance. I alraedy have the approved financing through USAA. I called the dealer. Its a STX. Has chrome package, cloth seats, carpet floors. Etc.. Post a pic I took at the dealer last week when I get home
Posted via Mobile Device

KrayzKajun
08-26-2011, 11:30 AM
I'm not using them for finance. I alraedy have the approved financing through USAA. I called the dealer. Its a STX. Has chrome package, cloth seats, carpet floors. Etc.. Post a pic I took at the dealer last week when I get home
Posted via Mobile Device

here is a pic i snapped at the dealer the other day. i just got my truck back from the shop, so ive been putting it back to stockish to trade it in!

PlantscapeSolutions
08-26-2011, 02:17 PM
Now you have to buy stuff for your new truck. Check out bumperdude.com for bumpers. I was able to get a front bumper and rear wrap dually bumper for $1150. The only problem with a wrap dually rear bumper is it screw up your turning radius. If you turn too sharp the end of the bumper will contact the trailer. My bumpers are from Brown Welding & Manufacturing. If you don't go with a wrap bumper then I think Frontier makes some of the best looking bumpers.

The Mopar nerfs are some of the best you can get. Check out Allen Samuels Dodge internet department for the best price. The Mopar nerfs bolt up super clean and easy. Don't ever buy Westin nerfs. Westin ners are sold every where but they are poor quality. I had them on my last truck.

Rhino is the way to go for spray in liners and for tool boxes Weatherguard is the best quality. You do know the wheel simulators on your truck are basically super fancy hubcaps. 4wheelonline.com out of FL has the best prices on wheels. You have to get a Laramie trim level Ram to get the forged wheels.

Now you need to ponder if you want to ditch the DPF and gain 2 mpg. You will save around $4500 in fuel over the next 100K miles. Plus you can do 10K oil changes and use better synthetic oil. Right now a light will come on and tell you when the oil needs to be changed. This will happen about every 3K to 3.5K miles. It's too expensive to use synthetic oil if you have to drain it after only 3K miles. You can get an EZ Change oil drain plug kit and do fast oil changes yourself.

I drove my truck for 20K and then did the delete with a 5" turbo back exhaust, Smarty downloader, AFE Pro Dry filter kit, Edge CT gauges, and added an Airdog (fuel & air separator). If you mod any of the new trucks dropping a grand for a set of ARP 625 head studs is a must as well.

If you have a gooseneck and tow anything over 10K a set of PacBrake airbags from Mass Diesel is a good investment. A leveling kit for the front end will help you see the cars behind you better as well. Good luck.

KrayzKajun
08-26-2011, 03:11 PM
Thanks Plantscape!
Posted via Mobile Device

BCL Services
08-26-2011, 06:38 PM
Kajun, if you are a USAA member you need to use thier car buying service. I recently used it and.....trust me you will never buy another vehicle without it. It gives you a ton of leverage on all aspects of the deal. Take a minute and look into it. It really is a huge help.

KrayzKajun
08-26-2011, 08:02 PM
Kajun, if you are a USAA member you need to use thier car buying service. I recently used it and.....trust me you will never buy another vehicle without it. It gives you a ton of leverage on all aspects of the deal. Take a minute and look into it. It really is a huge help.

I used the USAA price as a bargaining point at my local dealer. Local dealer beat the price by over $1500.00
Posted via Mobile Device

PROPERTYLAWNSERVICELLC
08-27-2011, 10:15 AM
Nice truck!

ProTouch Groundscapes
08-27-2011, 11:06 AM
nice truck Kajun, hope you have better luck with this one.

too bad you couldnt find a mod friendly dealer and get rid of all the unnecessary junk on the 6.4 that screws it up.

without that crap the 6.4 is a very reliable and very powerful motor.

KrayzKajun
08-27-2011, 11:29 AM
too bad you couldnt find a mod friendly dealer.

Tell me bout it. I tried to ask the ford service about dpf delete, the manager cut me off mid sentence and said they will not work on modded trucks under warranty at all. I asked the Dodge service about it and they said just to keep them updated on the mods if I bring it in , so they have a heads up of what they are working with
Posted via Mobile Device

supercuts
08-27-2011, 06:00 PM

wow.........

supercuts
08-27-2011, 06:07 PM
my buddy bought one and keeps trying to make me drive it. i wont because im affraid ill want one. i think they are the best looking truck now. my 08' ford sucks. if i wasnt going to lose so much money and start over with a $640/month payment for another 6 years id dump mine in a heartbeat. i think im going the dpf delete route and sticking it out with mine for a few more years and either dump it or rotate into the full time work truck. or I should just sell it and drive my $1500 97 f350 powerstroke with 260K miles

S-205
08-27-2011, 06:25 PM
Drive the 97! That will ALWAYS get you where you need to go!

KrayzKajun
08-27-2011, 07:24 PM
Dealer just faxed me the final paperwork final price $33,505.00. Woohoo. Pik up the new truck monday
Posted via Mobile Device

supercuts
08-27-2011, 07:25 PM
dealer offered me $19K for mine with 48K miles 6.4L xlt

S-205
08-27-2011, 07:40 PM
How excited are you? 1-10 :P

PlantscapeSolutions
08-27-2011, 08:02 PM
my buddy bought one and keeps trying to make me drive it. i wont because im affraid ill want one. i think they are the best looking truck now. my 08' ford sucks. if i wasnt going to lose so much money and start over with a $640/month payment for another 6 years id dump mine in a heartbeat. i think im going the dpf delete route and sticking it out with mine for a few more years and either dump it or rotate into the full time work truck. or I should just sell it and drive my $1500 97 f350 powerstroke with 260K miles

The crank bearings started to go out on my 97 F250 at about 174K. Cummins power ever since. What problems have you had with your 6.4?

KrayzKajun
08-27-2011, 08:45 PM
How excited are you? 1-10 :P

A freakin 10! Just sucks I gotta wait till Monday morning.
Posted via Mobile Device

KrayzKajun
08-28-2011, 05:16 PM
I feel like time is going backwards waiting for 2morrow morning! Have to get the B & W turnover ball installed asap so I can go pick up gooseneck dumptrailer I'm trading a ZTR for!(Wife doesn't know about the dump trailer yet lol)
Posted via Mobile Device

ProTouch Groundscapes
08-28-2011, 05:30 PM
good luck with the new truck, i really do hope it works out better for you than your previous experience.

if and when you decide to get rid of the crap that all these trucks have now, I highly recommend H&S tuners. free updates for life, great tuning interface and awesome power levels.

a guy on powerstroke.org just dynoed 597 hp and 1227tq at the wheels with the h&s 300 tune, 5" deleted exhaust and intake

KrayzKajun
08-29-2011, 12:29 PM
Heading to dealership now. Woohoo. Then off to order my gooseneck hitch and get Windows tinted
Posted via Mobile Device

PlantscapeSolutions
08-29-2011, 07:05 PM
Heading to dealership now. Woohoo. Then off to order my gooseneck hitch and get Windows tinted
Posted via Mobile Device

The back window and side windows on my Ram were already factory tinted so I never messed with the front side windows. The back window tint stops annoying headlight really well. The plus of not tinting the front windows is you have less hidden objects at night.

If your pulling a wide trailer at night from time to time you will appreciate not having tint on the front doors.

2stroked
08-29-2011, 08:49 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I bet that's going to be one sweet truck. Have fun in it I would love to have a new ram with 800lbs of torque:clapping:

groh_brian
09-03-2011, 10:09 PM
Got any pictures?

KrayzKajun
09-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Got any pictures?

Look under thread Krayzkajuns New truck in picture forum
Posted via Mobile Device