PDA

View Full Version : Right thing to do?

ny scaper
08-24-2011, 01:14 PM
Just received a call from a customer. Today is her birthday and she has a few people coming over tonight. She asks me if I can weed her property (2 hrs. approx.)
Problem is that I am a single father and have my 3 year old tonight. I told her that, but that I would come over with my daughter if ok (I know not professional) to complete the job as I have no other options.
She says no its ok, I'll go buy a picker and do it myself. I rebutt saying it really is no problem, but she insists on me not coming, so in the end I agree. She wasnt upset and knows of my situation.
I'd go now, but I'm at my F/T gig. Should I make it happen or is it on her for such short notice? Feeling like I should do it. Thoughts?

ibjohng4
08-24-2011, 01:45 PM
Just received a call from a customer. Today is her birthday and she has a few people coming over tonight. She asks me if I can weed her property (2 hrs. approx.)
Problem is that I am a single father and have my 3 year old tonight. I told her that, but that I would come over with my daughter if ok (I know not professional) to complete the job as I have no other options.
She says no its ok, I'll go buy a picker and do it myself. I rebutt saying it really is no problem, but she insists on me not coming, so in the end I agree. She wasnt upset and knows of my situation.
I'd go now, but I'm at my F/T gig. Should I make it happen or is it on her for such short notice? Feeling like I should do it. Thoughts?

I would let it go. You offered but she declined the offer so don't worry about it. Enjoy your time with your daughter. Family is more important than weeding a yard.

ReddensLawnCare
08-25-2011, 09:35 AM
Yeah, Dont worry about it at all. Enjoy family time! Go plant flowers with your daughter instead of pulling weeds

ny scaper
08-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Thanks guys. My daughter and I had a great time last night! Its tought to be all things at one time as you guys I'm sure know.

VTLC2006
09-06-2011, 03:19 AM
next season put her on a bed maintenance program... Her asking you to do it the day of the phone call is unrealistic. Next time don't mention the family just tell them all work must be scheduled. I always try to remain professional but the first lesson I learned was not to be afraid to lose a customer.

ny scaper
09-06-2011, 09:42 AM
Yeah, she already has signed on for the program for 2012. I only brought up my daughter because she lives in my moms neighborhood and sees me there playing etc.

FoghornLeghorn
09-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Yea, family first.

There will always be more work, but you can't get back lost memories.

Especially to weed a yard? Yea, you did the right thing.