PDA

View Full Version : Hustler hydro pump

grsp
08-24-2011, 03:04 PM
i have a 2007 hustler that the left side hydro pump has gone out. my local hustler dealer said that there are metal fragments in the whole system. my question is this

1 - is it safe to just drain the whole system, and replace the one bad pump.
2 - does anyone know where i can get an aftermarket pump. it is a repair we feel confident in doing, just need the part.

we have been running dixie choppers and hustlers for the past 20 years, we feel that repair prices are going thru the roof. just trying to save a few $$$$'s

thanks for the info

Sharpcut 1
08-24-2011, 09:50 PM
If it is a Super Z, I can almost guarantee you that the shaft in the wheel motor went bad, and metal got in your pump. Chances are pretty good if you just flush the system and install a new pump, you'll be putting another one on in less than a month. Do a search on here if you don't believe me. Jack it up, open the dump valve, take off brake, and manually spin tire. See if it's smooth, or skips or catches. This will give you an idea if wheel motor is bad.

LandscaperPro
08-25-2011, 10:04 AM
GRSP, if you need a new pump for your machine, give me a call and I'd be happy to look that up for you.

Thanks,
Blake
LandscaperPro